forum

Automatically detect OS when downloading

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
inooid
Hi there,

I've tried downloading Osu! on my Mac today, but accidently downloading the wrong file. I assumed that the download page would actually check the OS that I am running and send me to the right download link, instead I downloaded the .exe file. It's easily implemented and will save the Osu! servers some resources. From a UX standpoint, there must still be the option the choose to download for a certain OS, just so you can download it from another PC and use an USB for example to bring it to your PC.

Another side question: "Is there a way for me, as a webdeveloper, to contribute to the project?"

Thanks!

~ Boyd
Eni
Would be awesome if this could be added alongside osu!next.

There could always be a "Looking for another version?" link of some sort below the default if OS spoofing fails / the user wants something else.
Flanster
Or you could read.
Eni
The current page has the other downloads available in 10px font, with a huge "install osu! now" button above it.

This probably isn't very helpful for those that cannot read english well. Most users will click the big "install osu! now" button instead of checking out the fine print.

It would certainly help to actually attempt increasing the User Experience here, especially before the user becomes a player. IMO would certainly increase conversion rates.
peppy
The new design already addresses this.
Eni
Cool, glad to see it's being implemented.