community forum

Single tap speeds

posted
Total Posts
78
show more
buny
are you going to keep addressing my insults and not bother reading my argument?

I gave you a reason and an example on the second post on why you are wrong, but I guess you would rather just cry about meanie words
Infevo

cheezstik wrote:

Infevo wrote:

So, if mappers speak of 1/4s they refer to actual 16ths notes a musician would interpret as streams? Bpm is measured in whole notes instead of 1/4s. How do you call 1/2s and 1/1s?
I'm not sure, maybe 1/1 and 1/2 in music translated to osu are 1/0.25 and 1/0.5, kinda weird I guess, but you'll barely every see them anyway, so you won't have to refer to them nearly ever.
Take any 1-2 star map. You'll have a snap div of 1/1 to map this more conventiently. Speaking in musician terms you will have several 1/2s and 1/1s notes.
Not only on easier diffs. Some bars end on 1 or 3 with a whole or a half note.

You know what I mean? We talk about 2 different things. Mapping terminology is not bpm related as musician terms. That's why we kinda miss each other's points I guess.

In any case. I will stick to my terminology. Even if I someday would pick up mapping. I come from a musician's background. It doesn't feel right to twist my understanding.

buny wrote:

are you going to keep addressing my insults and not bother reading my argument?

I gave you a reason and an example on the second post on why you are wrong, but I guess you would rather just cry about meanie words
I went through the last pages and didn't see a single valid and reasonable statement from you. All you do is behave like scum.

Didn't you want to stop "conversing" in the first place?
buny

buny wrote:

Infevo wrote:

Elaborate or shut up.
cheezstik has already elaborated it


You don't go into a community and force a different terminology


You don't go to USA and force the metric system. You can bitch all you want about inches, feet, yards etc. but you're never going to change the system no matter what, and all you're doing is wasting your own time and everybody you're trying to argue with. In the end, the system they use is primitive and means the exact same thing translated
GhostFrog

cheezstik wrote:

I'm not sure, maybe 1/1 and 1/2 in music translated to osu are 1/0.25 and 1/0.5, kinda weird I guess, but you'll barely every see them anyway, so you won't have to refer to them nearly ever.
In osu!, they're called 2/1 and 4/1...well, at the very least, 2 beats of separation is called 2/1. I don't think I've ever seen someone use "4/1" to refer to anything because when there's that much separation it's just a short break and no one cares to refer to the interval.
ZenithPhantasm
This is osu not music class.
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

This is osu not music class.
Yet some people like to constantly stress "rhythm" game.
[-Cloud-]
And with people you mean that german guy.
Yuudachi-kun

[-Cloud-] wrote:

And with people you mean that german guy.
Yeah, you
[-Cloud-]
rude americans.
Kaienyuu
*Hits blunt*

Bruh
zwoots
drum drum
Time to stop
Please sign in to reply.

New reply