forum

Single tap speeds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Erasome
I noticed for beatmaps around 100bpm, it's just in the break range where pressing sixteenth notes alternating is a little difficult because of controlling your fingers, but single tapping kinda hard. What would you guys use?
Vuelo Eluko
lol yeah singletapping 100bpm 1/16 notes is just 'kinda' hard
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

1600 notes per minute :^)
-sev
Use your imagination.
incelost
100 BPM (assuming its mapped on 1/4) is singletapping only for me, including streams. Sure you didnt want to talk about 200 BPM? :)

Edit: Seems like im unable to read and therefore some kind of retard. Playing 1/16 is pretty impossible for me. Are we even talking about std?
Vuelo Eluko

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Riince wrote:

ez

Topic Starter
Erasome
OOPS OOPS OOPS I meant eighths, I'm such noob 8-)
Vuelo Eluko
thats ez singletap for most, just practice it.
cheezstik

Erasome wrote:

Riince wrote:

Yes, anyone can singletap the equivalent of 200bpm streaming :^)
Yuudachi-kun
Reiwai terrorism has some good singletapping.
Vuelo Eluko

cheezstik wrote:

Erasome wrote:

Riince wrote:

whops
Athrun

Kheldragar wrote:

Reiwai terrorism has some good singletapping.
I think alternating is better but... its your call.
E m i
and op probably meant 1/4 >:(
DT-sama
1/16 in music = 1/4 in osu!.
winber1
umm nothing is wrong with what the op said. as the above person mentioned, sixteenth notes at 100BPM is equivalent to 200BPM 1/2 tick notes (e.g. eight notes). it's basic music theory, but osu! teaches you guys some other kind of black sorcery.

and it's usually ideal to be able to single tap up to 240BPM 1/2 tick or 120BPM 1/4 tick using 1 finger, or somewhere around that margin. If you alternate everything, then that works too. doesn't really matter what you do as long as you feel comfortable.
buny
i like how nobody has answered ops question

Yes, alternate streams, and single tap 1/2 notes
winber1

buny wrote:

i like how nobody has answered ops question

Yes, alternate streams, and single tap 1/2 notes
but you didn't answer it either
buny
but i did
Saphirshroom

cheezstik wrote:

Erasome wrote:

Riince wrote:

Eigths in 100bpm is equivalent to singletapping 1/2 in 100bpm which is equivalent to singletapping 1/1 in 200bpm.
I don't see how anyone after some months of training should have problems with that.

OP was asking whether he should singletap 1/4 notes in osu! or sixteenths in music theory at 100bpm, which is 100bpm streams, until people confused him.
To answer that: Yes, you shoudl probably try it. My threshold is around 220bpm 1/2 ticks to singletap accurately, which would mean I'm able to singletap sixteenths at 100bpm.
GhostFrog
This thread is so painful to read...

In an x/4 time signature (used for most songs), a quarter note is 1 beat. An eighth note is half of a beat and a sixteenth note is a quarter of a beat. In osu!, people refer to notes based on what fraction of a beat they are - so quarter notes are 1/1, eighth notes are 1/2, and sixteenth notes are 1/4. The OP was just asking if he should be singletapping 100bpm streams.

To give an actual answer to the OP, I'd recommend at least being able to alternate it (good finger control practice). If you find that you're able to singletap it, feel free to do so, but both singletapping and alternating are completely fine.
B1rd
brining musical principles into this just confuses thing.
RaneFire

B1rd wrote:

brining musical principles into this just confuses thing.
osu!'s fault.

Musically inclined people will be confused when everyone only refers to the behaviour of the beat snap divisor in the editor... as it should be since it is in context with the game. Dismiss the concept of a musical bar and you have osu! notation. Just multiply/divide by 4 to do the conversion. Fewer people playing this game have any experience with musical theory, so tough luck trying to change that.
Infevo

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Riince wrote:

the bpm of a track is usually measured in 4ths. so streams in 16ths would be 400 clicks per minute / 400bpm.

streams in osu conventionally are 16ths.

as an example: streaming freedom dive would be 889 clicks per minute.
one of few exceptions: big black. 360bpm track which includes merely 8ths for streams as if it was 180bpm beat.
Vuelo Eluko
what
ac8129464363
Saphirshroom

RaneFire wrote:

Fewer people playing this game have any experience with musical theory, so tough luck trying to change that.
Actually, at least in Switzerland, musical theory is part of standard education.

Riince wrote:

what
OP was asking about sexteenths at 100bpm which is 1/4ths in osu! language which is singletapping 200bpm or streaming 100bpm.
GhostFrog

Saphirshroom wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Fewer people playing this game have any experience with musical theory, so tough luck trying to change that.
Actually, at least in Switzerland, musical theory is part of standard education.
Then why is it that your previous post got it wrong until after I posted a correction and you edited yours?
Saphirshroom

GhostFrog wrote:

Then why is it that your previous post got it wrong until after I posted a correction and you edited yours?
Because my counting is freaking horrible and I thought that streaming was eights and not sixteenths.
Good point tho.
cheezstik

Saphirshroom wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Riince wrote:

what
OP was asking about sexteenths at 100bpm which is 1/4ths in osu! language which is singletapping 200bpm or streaming 100bpm.
Well, we are playing osu here, and even if we were all educated swiss, it'd make more sense to use osu's system when talking about osu.
Saphirshroom

cheezstik wrote:

and even if we were all educated swiss
My "at least in Switzerland" was meant to come across as "I don't know about other countries" rather than "Switzerland is awesome". Dunno which way you took it, but just to clarify.
cheezstik

Saphirshroom wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

and even if we were all educated swiss
My "at least in Switzerland" was meant to come across as "I don't know about other countries" rather than "Switzerland is awesome". Dunno which way you took it, but just to clarify.
Ok no haha I didn't mean to imply that you were on a high horse (even though others might see it that way) but let me rephrase that: even if we were all musically educated***
Infevo

cheezstik wrote:

Well, we are playing osu here, and even if we were all educated swiss, it'd make more sense to use osu's system when talking about osu.
Can you elaborate on how Osu!'s system is different from common music theory? Afaik tracks are mapped with 4/4ths usually which results in a certain bpm. Whenever you use the timing setup you try to figure out the metre in 4ths. You get a certain number eventually which is your bpm of the map.

e.g. 180 bpm. 180 1/4s a minute = 360 1/8s a minute = 720 1/16s a minute (common stream notes).

Nothing new here. Nothing special and not any different from music theory. This is a rhythm game after all.
Bara-
Why is osu's timing so different then common one (not that I know common, but it gets referred to A LOT here)
It drives me nuts (reading through threads like these)
To above
WTF
180 1/4 notes are the same as 360 1/8 notes?
It's 4 times as fast
Same for 720 1/16, which is 16 times faster then 180 1/4
180 1/4 = 720 BPM clicking
360 1/2 = 720 BPM clicking
360 1/8 = 2880 BPM clicking
720 1/1 = 720 BPM clicking
720 1/16 = 11520 BPM clicking (Calculated correctly?)
This is according to Osu's timing
show more