forum

Leslie Hall - Tight Pants / Body Rolls

posted
Total Posts
show more
NotShinta
Is this a fantastic mod? (no)

Insane:
There is nothing wrong with this difficulty, and any mod post to come is written by a nazi.

Normal:
00:54:207 (1,2,3,4) - lolspacelikethisforconsistency

Crimmi's Easy:
Y U START SO LATE
but srsface I would suggest mapping from the same point as Larto's diffs. If you really don't wanna do that, deleting the opening spinner makes the starting point make slightly more sense, so that's good too.
01:16:179 (2) - This is bad and you should feel bad.
01:19:559 (5,6) - Hmm, I would prefer this if this were just one slider, by deleting 6 and extending 5 by 1/2.
02:04:770 (6) - This should technically by 1/4 back. The rest of the diff is 1/1/1 though, so I dunno.

Zelos' Rolls
YES I'M MODDING DIFFS YOU HAVEN'T ACTUALLY ADDED YET SO THERE'S A CHANCE I'M WASTING MY TIME whatcha gonna do about it
01:00:545 (4) - ow
01:55:158 - Drag break to here you silly

...it's just a Shinta mod. (yes)

also something about plaques
loluper
I alreary LOVE this.
Anticipating a very high human rating.
Crimmi

NotShinta wrote:

Crimmi's Easy:
Y U START SO LATE WAI U SHOUTING?!?!? Didn't know where to start srsly.

but srsface I would suggest mapping from the same point as Larto's diffs. If you really don't wanna do that, deleting the opening spinner makes the starting point make slightly more sense, so that's good too.

01:16:179 (2) - This is bad and you should feel bad. *Girly Voice* Whateva :roll: Done (Teehee.)

01:19:559 (5,6) - Hmm, I would prefer this if this were just one slider, by deleting 6 and extending 5 by 1/2. Done

02:04:770 (6) - This should technically by 1/4 back. The rest of the diff is 1/1/1 though, so I dunno. Fixed that.
Download: Leslie Hall - Tight Pants Body Rolls (Larto) [Crimmi's Easy].osu
Zelos
Mashley
watch out for my bubble rolls
blissfulyoshi
2 .osb files each with code? Please delete one.

I am wondering about how useful the tags are right now: (Compare these next 2 pics)
If you type Leslie, you can find the song, but if you search the whole band name, it doesn't work. Not exactly sure how to fix this though.

Crimmi's Easy: fine

Normal:
Nazi/Cleanliness mod: (As the name suggest, these are minor things that annoyed me while playing. Please remember that these are just suggestions.)
00:15:334 (3) - the slider is not symmetric (the more I look at this slider,the more and more lopsided it gets)
01:19:559 (5) - the edges of the slider are quite sharp, and since it looks for aesthetically pleasing if the edges are round, pls round the slider edges

Zelos' Hard
Increase slider tick rate to be like Easy and Normal?

Combo mod:
01:43:221 (6) - new combo to be consistent with 01:49:982 (1)
01:46:601 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 01:53:362 (1)
02:52:517 (6) - new combo to be consistent with 02:45:756 (1)
02:55:897 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 02:49:136 (1)

Insane:
Increase slider tick rate to be like Easy and Normal?

Nazi/Cleanliness mod: (As the name suggest, these are minor things that annoyed me while playing. Please remember that these are just suggestions.)
00:53:362 (5) - the edges of the slider are quite sharp, and since it looks for aesthetically pleasing if the edges are round, pls round the slider edges

Combo mod:
00:25:475 (5) - new combo to be consistent with 00:22:094 (1)
00:52:517 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 00:59:277 (1)?
01:53:362 (3) - new combo to be consistent with 01:46:601 (1)?

==========================
Decent mapset with a solid sb. I don't see anything worthy of popping a bubble over. If you do change anything though, I am happy to rebubble the map. For now, star!

Edit: Rebubbled! If anyone has any questions about the tags, look at the pictures I linked above.

Edit 2: Sorry I made so many mistakes. Not exactly sure what I will do to make up for it, but I'll leave this here for now.
Jarby
Mainly popping for OH GOD WHY, but I shall do my best to improve this map outside of that!
Concerning kiai time, you should only keep the first section considering that the last chorus doesn't have a greater impact than any of the others.
Also, remove the countdown because I said so and because it doesn't fit well because of which beat you placed the first objects on.

Crimmi's Easy:

00:13:644 (1,3) - Very oddly unsymmetrical.
00:23:784 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6) - Again, could be improved with attention to symmetry.
00:30:545 (5) - New combo.
02:37:306 (1) - Work to make this symmetrical.

Normal:

00:23:784 (1) - Raise bottom point upwards.
01:09:418 (3) - Lack of hitsounds seems particularly odd.

Zelos' Hard:

Add the prebreak things that the other difficulties have where it is relevant
00:25:475 (5) - Snap left and downwards to get rid of that overlap.
00:30:545 (1,3) - Might want to curve these a bit to avoid the same problem listed above.
The chorus (and everything else beyond that it seems) really needs a little more attention to hitsounding than a clap on every 2nd and 4th beat. The way you were placing a finish where the backing vocals came in prominently helped a lot, so why not have that for the rest of the chorus?
01:19:559 (3,4,5) - Very odd and misleading spacing decrease here. I'd keep it consistent with the rest of the pattern.
02:13:961 (4) - It would be an idea to move this 1/4 back to follow the vocals more closely. In addition to that, you may want to extend it like this since the vocals are a bit loosely done at that point and it would be confusing to follow them closely after this.
02:32:024 (6) - Again, I would move this to the left and down to avoid overlapping.

Insane:

00:17:024 (1,2,3,4,5) - This spacing is absolutely ridiculous. I'm assuming this is a resnapping error?
01:48:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The spacing shifts here are again nonsensical, but this time they cannot be blamed on simple timing changes.
02:08:573 (1,2,3,4,5) - Rather clumsy and unintuitive again due to the minor shifts before 5 and the overall shape (?) of it all. You may as well make 5 properly symmetrical while you're at it.
Uh oh, here comes typical Jar modding.
02:17:869 (1) - Remove new combo.
02:19:559 (1) - Remove new combo.
02:25:475 (5) - New combo.
02:49:982 (5) - Raise the second leftmost point up slightly to avoid cramping with the previous object so much.
Zelos

Jarby wrote:

Mainly popping for OH GOD WHY, but I shall do my best to improve this map outside of that!
Concerning kiai time, you should only keep the first section considering that the last chorus doesn't have a greater impact than any of the others.
Also, remove the countdown because I said so and because it doesn't fit well because of which beat you placed the first objects on.

Zelos' Hard:

Add the prebreak things that the other difficulties have where it is relevant
00:25:475 (5) - Snap left and downwards to get rid of that overlap. umm sure i guess
00:30:545 (1,3) - Might want to curve these a bit to avoid the same problem listed above. that slider alignment was intended
The chorus (and everything else beyond that it seems) really needs a little more attention to hitsounding than a clap on every 2nd and 4th beat. The way you were placing a finish where the backing vocals came in prominently helped a lot, so why not have that for the rest of the chorus? ur gonna have to explain a little more about this mod. idk what you are talking about.
01:19:559 (3,4,5) - Very odd and misleading spacing decrease here. I'd keep it consistent with the rest of the pattern. honestly did not see that. fixed
02:13:961 (4) - It would be an idea to move this 1/4 back to follow the vocals more closely. In addition to that, you may want to extend it like this since the vocals are a bit loosely done at that point and it would be confusing to follow them closely after this. fixed
02:32:024 (6) - Again, I would move this to the left and down to avoid overlapping. i dont see this as an overly big problem.
Jarby you are gonna have to get back to me on the hitsounding thing.

Download: Leslie Hall - Tight Pants Body Rolls (Larto) [Zelos' Hard].osu
Crimmi
Zelos
More hitsounds added. sounds better.

Download: Leslie Hall - Tight Pants Body Rolls (Larto) [Zelos' Hard].osu
cesc
Buonasera o/

----------------
[General]
- really really really great map, so funny and well done. really!
- mp3 file is 320kbps. Here you are the file in 128kbps: http://up.ppy.sh/files/02-tightpants_bodyrolls.mp3
- video is with audio too, maybe you can economize something, but i'm not goot to encoding videos >< (just notice you)

[Normal]
- just some hitsounds.. (adv.)
SPOILER
00:57:587 (1,2) - add Finish at the start of these Sliders
01:41:531 (1) - add Finish at the start of the Slider
01:44:911 (1,2) - add Finish at the start of these Sliders
[Insane]
- well...the difficulty has not hard jumps or streams, maybe is closer to an Hard...but it's harder than Zelos' one, so I think that call it Insane is fine @.@
- what about add a whistle on the last spinner?
----------------

Again, nice map. Especially the Insane (guests are really nice too), i loved it and the song is too funny xD
Little star for support you :) +star
Jarby
Don't you dare kudosu this because I should have picked it up before. Also, I think the offset may be 5ms or so early.

Easy:

00:17:028 (1) - Might be beneficial to end this 1/1 earlier to give the player more time to adjust. It is Easy, after all.
00:23:788 (1) - Move this a bit to the right. For my sanity.

Hard:

01:20:193 (4,5) - Not so misleading, but the difference in spacing between this and the previous bothers me.

Insane:

01:19:559 (9) - New combo, quite long considering the previous bits.
01:49:559 (7,1) - Increase spacing here, it's a bit messy again.
02:10:263 (5) - Lower this down one space on grid level 4 to prevent overlap.

Okay.
James2250
Looking for an interesting song to mod, guess you win~

-The final spinner has different hitsounds on every difficulty, change them to be more consistent?
-You could probably remove the unnecessary space on the "THINGY' sb
-Assuming you wouldn't remove audio from video if I asked
-Remove letterboxing for the video?

Crimmi's Easy:
02:13:226 (1) - spinner kind of covering sb :(

Normal:
02:42:381 (3) - the bottom of this goes off the screen which doesn't look too good
02:54:318 (1) - is this meant to be on a blue tick? (it isn't on any of the other difficulties and seems odd)

Zelos' Hard:
00:30:550 (1,2,3) - could look neater
I could nazi a few more patterns but they are fine

Call me back and I will rank~~
James2250
The video actually looks more creepy every time I see it
Anyway all looks good now

Ranked~
cesc
Congratulations Larto! But please, don't start to wear tight pants D:
Shohei Ohtani
dat face