Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
more eggs
N/H/I/X
YokesPai
From my modding queue! ~
Mod
  • Normal
  1. Manipulating slider velocity is discouraged. Taken from the guidelines. You use a 2.0x SV and 0.5x SV, change this.
  2. This rhythm used make this seem more like a Hard than a Normal... Why did you have a 1/6 repeat slider and 1/4 repeat sliders?
  3. Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. 01:07:012 (5,1) - 01:03:584 (6,1) - These are good examples.
  4. This seems more like a Hard, you kinda ignored the ranking criteria guidelines :/ Unless you have really good reasons to break so many, you should really just remap and make it simpler.
  • Advanced
  1. Again, this feels harder than what the difficulty name says. 1/4 doubles can be hard to read for these players, since they would mosty expect strong notes to be on a white tick or a red tick, not a blue tick. Example: 01:11:298 (1,2,3,4,5) - (slider starts on blue tick)
  2. Lots of 3/4 jumps that seem very unreadable. Example: 00:55:227 (1,2) - and 00:41:191 (5,1) -
  3. Avoid mixing 1/2 and 1/4 rhythms in the same stack. 01:37:012 (2,3,4,1,2,3) -
  4. This fits better as a Hyper/Insane.
  • Hyper
  1. Nice Insane difficulty.

• EX
  1. This is too hard for me to mod...
I have a bit of a hard time modding this since the difficulty names aren't what the map shows, and I can't really mod these diffs like Normal as Hard (also I check Normal as a Advanced/Hard difficulty instead because it fits better as Advanced/Hard) because it's not what you're going after.

Hope this helps! :)
Topic Starter
Cirno
Hi!

YokesPai wrote:

From my modding queue! ~

• Normal
  1. Manipulating slider velocity is discouraged. Taken from the guidelines. You use a 2.0x SV and 0.5x SV, change this. No. All 0.5x sliders are mapped to distinct cues in the music, and are used very sparingly. The first two sliders should provide enough indication of this up front. I do not consider this an issue as of now.
  2. This rhythm used make this seem more like a Hard than a Normal... Why did you have a 1/6 repeat slider and 1/4 repeat sliders? Because the music contains both 1/6 and 1/4 elements.
  3. Avoid overlapping circles, slider heads, and slider tails. 01:07:012 (5,1) - 01:03:584 (6,1) - These are good examples. No. These are overlapping because of DS. Fine print following that guideline: 1/2 overlaps due to distance snapping are an exception.
  4. This seems more like a Hard, you kinda ignored the ranking criteria guidelines :/ Unless you have really good reasons to break so many, you should really just remap and make it simpler. No. See bottom of post.
  • Advanced
  1. Again, this feels harder than what the difficulty name says. 1/4 doubles can be hard to read for these players, since they would mosty expect strong notes to be on a white tick or a red tick, not a blue tick. Example: 01:11:298 (1,2,3,4,5) - (slider starts on blue tick) That is the way the music is. Are you telling me to not map to music in a rhythm game?
  2. Lots of 3/4 jumps that seem very unreadable. Example: 00:55:227 (1,2) - Those are sliders, thus more lenient than circles. They should be readable if one listens to the music.
  3. and 00:41:191 (5,1) - That's not even a jump. It's distance snapped.
  4. Avoid mixing 1/2 and 1/4 rhythms in the same stack. 01:37:012 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - This is a rhythm game. This one should be readable if one listened to the vocal samples in the music. That rhythm is already introduced by 01:29:512 (1,2) -
  5. This fits better as a Hyper/Insane.
  • Hyper
  1. Nice Insane difficulty. Thanks!

• EX
  1. This is too hard for me to mod... Ok then.
I have a bit of a hard time modding this since the difficulty names aren't what the map shows, and I can't really mod these diffs like Normal as Hard (also I check Normal as a Advanced/Hard difficulty instead because it fits better as Advanced/Hard) because it's not what you're going after.

Well, our understandings of the difficulty names differ, then. Difficulty names are ranges instead of points on the spectrum. It's ok.

Hope this helps! :)
Sorry for not being able to give you kds. Please try to put in at least some effort to write more than a few lines the next time you mod.

Blindly following the criteria will give you "technically rankable" maps that are neither interesting nor fun to play, and I prefer maps with better quality over that any day.

Thanks for the mod anyway!
Hollow Delta
From #modreqs doing m4m

General

You need combo colors.

Is there a higher res of the background you have right now? At maximum you get make it 1920x1200.

This spread doesn't work as the gap between Hyper and EX is too large. You'll need an Insane, and possibly another Extra, to fill that gap.

The structure in every diff needs to be worked on. Spots like 00:23:512 (1,2) - in EX would look better if 2 was copied from 1 and flipped, etc. This idea of using tools should apply to almost every pattern in the map. Some stuff you can hand place and it'll still look nice but for the most part tools are the way to go.

EX

00:02:084 (3) - NC to show the drop of the downbeat and to show the sv change.

00:02:941 (1,3) - Remove nc from 1 and put it on 3. It's the start of a new section, so it makes sense here.

00:08:084 (1) - There's multiple sounds going on here you could map to, so this slider covering all of them isn't the best option.

00:24:370 (3,4,5,6) - These aren't structured properly. Clean way to map this would be to copy 3-4 and flip and use ctrl+s to space them out.

01:17:941 (1,2,3,4) - Compared to the rest of the map these squares are too spaced. You should shrink them down so you have the same idea, but it doesn't spike up the diff that much.

01:22:655 (1,2,3,4) - The player won't be able to contrast between 1/3 and 1/4. Best way to fix this is to apply nc on each note.

In general the diff spikes clearly contrast with the rest of the map. My suggestion is to make the diff spikes more gradual so the player has a chance to understand they're still playing 1/2.

Hyper

00:14:012 (1,2) - The player won't be able to read the upcoming 1/2 stack, especially at this level. An NC on 2 should help.

Because of the stream, this diff might be leading more towards a Light Insane. It's bpm and sr is low but the concepts are that of a Light Insane.

Advanced

00:30:905 (5) - Players at this level aren't prepared to handle this spacing. Plus the emphasis is on the white tick anyway, so it only makes sense.

01:09:798 (1) - Changing SV suddenly for single parts / notes isn't encouraged in this difficulty because players aren't adapted to it. This is a concept used more for Insane / Extra so to see it in advanced is unintuitive.

01:37:012 (2,3,4) - Even with NCs, at this level a player can't read this. You'll need to either use a slider or space these out.

Normal

The SV might be too high as it's the first diff of the set.

00:14:941 (1) - Since this is the easiest diff of the set, it follows the guidelines of an easy. So changing sv for one note like this isn't do-able.

00:17:298 (3) - The player at this level won't understand this gap. You could place a circle before it on the 1/2 mar and that'll make it more predictable.

Overall the rhythm is a mess as you have scatted 1/4. A player at this level can barely understand 1/2 rhythm so this makes no sense.

gl
Topic Starter
Cirno
Hi!

Bubblun wrote:

From #modreqs doing m4m

General

You need combo colors. Custom colors are not required by the criteria, and the default colors work well enough on this BG, so I don't see a reason to change this.

Is there a higher res of the background you have right now? At maximum you get make it 1920x1200. I don't think I have one.

This spread doesn't work as the gap between Hyper and EX is too large. You'll need an Insane, and possibly another Extra, to fill that gap. Hyper is the Insane.

The structure in every diff needs to be worked on. Spots like 00:23:512 (1,2) - in EX would look better if 2 was copied from 1 and flipped, etc. This idea of using tools should apply to almost every pattern in the map. Some stuff you can hand place and it'll still look nice but for the most part tools are the way to go. No. The arrangement of 00:23:512 (1,2) - in EX is intentional.

EX

00:02:084 (3) - NC to show the drop of the downbeat and to show the sv change. Added for EX & Hyper.

00:02:941 (1,3) - Remove nc from 1 and put it on 3. It's the start of a new section, so it makes sense here. I don't agree that (3) is the start of a new phrase, and I would like the arrows to remain as well.

00:08:084 (1) - There's multiple sounds going on here you could map to, so this slider covering all of them isn't the best option. The main melody is much more important here. This is not overjoy BMS, you don't just simply map to every single sound out there.

00:24:370 (3,4,5,6) - These aren't structured properly. Clean way to map this would be to copy 3-4 and flip and use ctrl+s to space them out. No. This is intentional: (4,5,6) form a triangle pattern.

01:17:941 (1,2,3,4) - Compared to the rest of the map these squares are too spaced. You should shrink them down so you have the same idea, but it doesn't spike up the diff that much. Done.

01:22:655 (1,2,3,4) - The player won't be able to contrast between 1/3 and 1/4. Best way to fix this is to apply nc on each note. Now that ^ is done this is no longer an issue.

In general the diff spikes clearly contrast with the rest of the map. My suggestion is to make the diff spikes more gradual so the player has a chance to understand they're still playing 1/2.

Hyper

00:14:012 (1,2) - The player won't be able to read the upcoming 1/2 stack, especially at this level. An NC on 2 should help. I think AR8 approach circles look different enough for this.

Because of the stream, this diff might be leading more towards a Light Insane. It's bpm and sr is low but the concepts are that of a Light Insane. "Hyper" has always been a name for Hard+/Insane-/Light Insane/stuff diffs. It's classified as an Insane by BSS anyway. Maybe I should add spread info in creator's words.

Advanced

00:30:905 (5) - Players at this level aren't prepared to handle this spacing. Plus the emphasis is on the white tick anyway, so it only makes sense. I'm following the high-pitched percussion (I'm not sure about the exact name for that instrument) track in this entire section. It's evident from the hitsounds. Also this is a slider, and it is lenient enough for players to hit on white tick and walk away. I tried.

01:09:798 (1) - Changing SV suddenly for single parts / notes isn't encouraged in this difficulty because players aren't adapted to it. This is a concept used more for Insane / Extra so to see it in advanced is unintuitive. All of these are mapped to distinct cues in the music, and should be possible to pick up, if the players actually listen and do not play every song like it's Nightcore.

01:37:012 (2,3,4) - Even with NCs, at this level a player can't read this. You'll need to either use a slider or space these out. This one should be readable if one listened to the vocal samples in the music. That rhythm is already introduced by 01:29:512 (1,2) -

Normal

The SV might be too high as it's the first diff of the set. I'm considering adding an Easy.

00:14:941 (1) - Since this is the easiest diff of the set, it follows the guidelines of an easy. So changing sv for one note like this isn't do-able. ^

00:17:298 (3) - The player at this level won't understand this gap. You could place a circle before it on the 1/2 mar and that'll make it more predictable. I'm following the bass track for this section, and the exact same rhythm has already been repeated 4 times before. It should be expected. Also DS.

Overall the rhythm is a mess as you have scatted 1/4. A player at this level can barely understand 1/2 rhythm so this makes no sense. There aren't any 1/4s in this diff...?

gl
Thanks for modding!
Kurogami
Mod from my modding queue.

Hyper
01:22:655 (1,2,3,4) - Maybe make these singletaps a lttle bit more spaced so they won't look the same as bursts earlier in the map.

EX
00:11:512 (1,2,3) - Maybe change it to something like this?

00:13:227 (1,2,3) - Same as above

02:05:512 - I think this pattern is too spaced tbh.

I don't think this will even help you but I tried my best. Good luck
Topic Starter
Cirno
Hi!

Kurogami wrote:

Mod from my modding queue.

[Hyper]

01:22:655 (1,2,3,4) - Maybe make these singletaps a lttle bit more spaced so they won't look the same as bursts earlier in the map. Changed.

[EX]

00:11:512 (1,2,3) - Maybe change it to something like this? Looks better. Changed.

00:13:227 (1,2,3) - Same as above I don't think it works on the top of the screen

02:05:512 - I think this pattern is too spaced tbh. Reduced spacing in the last section

I don't think this will even help you but I tried my best. Good luck
It helped. Thanks for the mod!
Einja
hi

[general]
c o m b o c o l o r s p l e a s e
disable wide screen support on all diffs unless sb/video will be used
diff spread between hyper and EX is too high. it doesn't matter if it's an 1 insane and extra, diff spread has to be reasonable, either town down the difficulty on the top diff, or get someone (or yourself to make a 5* extra)

[normal]
you NEVER change sv in normal, it's unnecessary and unrankable. also using 1/4 in the lowest diff of a mapset is a big no, unless the bpm is like 40 lol

don't wanna mod this diff because i suck at modding normals, that's just the stuff im covering up for now

[HYPer]
00:03:798 (3,4,5,6) - any reason why these notes are way more spaced than 00:10:655 (3,4,5,6) -

00:12:370 (1) - why are you emphasizing a small sound, with such a big change? you can decrease sv here, but doing it all the way doesn't feel right. a little sv change and nc is alright. you could just nc 00:13:084 (2) - instead for 00:12:370 (1) - to stand our more

00:14:012 (1,2) - i would not emphasize 00:14:012 (1) - if i were you, it's not audible enough and even if people could hear it, there's no need for it to be emphasized due to it being so quiet
01:08:870 (4,1) - ^ (NC combos are also different so please change that as well)

00:49:222 - should be clickable, since drum is loud there. this also appears a lot in patterns like these, so please change all of them

01:22:798 (2,3,4) - i'd nc all of these since it's a completely different rhythm and it will alert the player that something different spikes up

ok that's all, i can't do the last diff
Topic Starter
Cirno
Hi!

Einja wrote:

hi

[general]
c o m b o c o l o r s p l e a s e Ok. Ok. Added.
disable wide screen support on all diffs unless sb/video will be used Fixed
diff spread between hyper and EX is too high. it doesn't matter if it's an 1 insane and extra, diff spread has to be reasonable, either town down the difficulty on the top diff, or get someone (or yourself to make a 5* extra) It's literally just higher spacing & settings. No new concepts involved. Not saying that the increase in execution difficulty is small, but I don't think a new difficulty is needed until I hear a better reason than "muh starz".

[normal]
you NEVER change sv in normal, it's unnecessary and unrankable. It is "discouraged" according to RC, thus not something you'd "NEVER" do. They have justification from the music as stated in replies above, and are not "unnecessary" imo. I will not change this unless "unnecessary" is elaborated upon.
also using 1/4 in the lowest diff of a mapset is a big no, unless the bpm is like 40 lol I don't see anything 1/4 other than repeating sliders?

don't wanna mod this diff because i suck at modding normals, that's just the stuff im covering up for now Ok.

[HYPer]
00:03:798 (3,4,5,6) - any reason why these notes are way more spaced than 00:10:655 (3,4,5,6) - I don't think 2.5x/3.0x is such a big difference at this difficulty level? Because 00:10:655 (3,4,5,6) - is close to the hp bar?

00:12:370 (1) - why are you emphasizing a small sound, with such a big change? you can decrease sv here, but doing it all the way doesn't feel right. a little sv change and nc is alright. you could just nc 00:13:084 (2) - instead for 00:12:370 (1) - to stand our more Small sound...? I'm doing it for the long note in main melody. Why should I place NC on the object AFTER the one on which I changed SV, as opposed to itself?

00:14:012 (1,2) - i would not emphasize 00:14:012 (1) - if i were you, it's not audible enough and even if people could hear it, there's no need for it to be emphasized due to it being so quiet It's the... uh... main melody? That the map has been following the entire time up till here? If I were you I'd been checking my playback devices.

01:08:870 (4,1) - ^ (NC combos are also different so please change that as well) NC swapped

00:49:222 - should be clickable, since drum is loud there. this also appears a lot in patterns like these, so please change all of them 1/1 repeat sliders are commonly used over a bar for drum patterns like these. I don't think this is a problem as long as there is a hitsound there.

01:22:798 (2,3,4) - i'd nc all of these since it's a completely different rhythm and it will alert the player that something different spikes up All 1/4 circles streams are mapped with DS in this diff, and they look quite different from this (noticeable overlap vs overlap only in the outer ring). This visual difference combined with NC on 01:22:655 (1) - should be enough indication.

ok that's all, i can't do the last diff Ok.
Thanks for the mod!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.