forum

Make followpoint connect combos

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +139
Topic Starter
Arrar_old
Followpoint is very helpful, it makes maps easier to read. It's often possible to make followpoint connect the last note in a combo to the first note in the next combo. Maybe a toggle in option menu for players to choose which way they prefer.
Bara-
Yes please
But I have the feeling this has been requested before, but can't find it
Topic Starter
Arrar_old
Only 3 cases followpoint shouldn't connect notes I can think of is when they're too close in spacing or too far away in timeline or there's a spinner in between. It seems to me that followpoint being cut off because of new combos makes it harder to move the cursor in straight line too.
autoteleology
I agree with this. There really isn't that much of a practical difference that separates a combo.
Gumpy

baraatje123 wrote:

Yes please
Sea_Food
This would make FL much much more easy.
Vuelo Eluko

Sea_Food wrote:

This would make FL much much more easy.
this, i dont think peppy is going to do anything that changes gameplay in a way that makes it easier/harder, since that actually does have an invalidating, no matter how small, of an effect on current scores. with FL its actually a noticeable amount of difficulty change.

That said, I also use followpoints but I understand why they dont go between every single note and i've gotten used to it like every followpoint player, id recommend simply doing the same.
Topic Starter
Arrar_old
Easier as it'd make FL rely less on memorization, and not just FL, playing nomod/HD would rely less on reaction speed/memorization too. Relying less on reaction speed and memorization is a good thing, it makes players retry less.
Seijiro
Just skin them to be transparent. You'll have what you want
Karuta-_old_1
i dont think peppy is going to do anything that changes gameplay in a way that makes it easier/harder, since that actually does have an invalidating, no matter how small, of an effect on current scores.
its not gonna happen, you are changing how the game itself works, the game is no longer in beta
[Painting] Mary
There are these fundamental problems with FL.

It's easier on maps that don't have many jumps, notes clump up ETC. and harder on maps that are based on jump. Nevertheless grant the same amount of score multiplication. - I know that pp does take that into account slightly (I think this will soon be confronted, as ppy is still have a hard time dealing with scaling base on pattern and such and there isn't a pressing need to pay attention to FL yet. But still I'm dreaming of a future where HDFL is as viable as HDHR or HDDT (as so is some others like: This guy)

FL is pretty tough. Not everyone just walks in on a >800 combo (the number is just for show, I'm just trying to say a long map) song and decides: "Yeah imma HDFL that to get mah juicy pp". It will take hundreds even thousands of replay, luck and brain power to achieve a somewhat pp-worthy play. FL in my opinion is underrated as it require a lot of dedication, mental stability and extreme memorization on hard (HARD) song. Nevertheless doesn't improve one's reaction skill, speed ETC. (which is crucial to improve oneself in osu).

But still if we buff FL then your pp (gained from playing FL) won't show how good you are at osu in general which will then require a separated ranking system for memorization skill ETC. (very troublesome if you ask me and does not guaranteed people's attention to the mod itself) but if we don't it will never be worth (unless you are aiming for a flashy play or #1 - no pun intended).

This suggestion is something of a cry of a problem which is openly ignored by most. (or at least, overshadowed by the DT, HR war)

Also, why not just remove the blackened area and substitute with a ring around the cursor and make the notes outside of the ring invisible? (It's still the same as FL but less strain on memory as you can now rely on the background picture to memorize the location of the notes easier and aim better but still force you to memorize the map anyway - minor buff to FL anyone? - will then have to change FL to something else because of the drastic change in appearance)

Man, balancing is hard.

Then there is also problem with easy mod lol... life is tough
Sea_Food
1. Pretty sure that OP didnt even have FL in mind when he made the suggestion. So this isnt a cry to a FL problem. This is a suggestion that gets invalidated because of FL.
2. The background is not visible in FL for a reason. You can edit the BG freely without the map getting unranked. Also there is a glitch that allows you to even edit video. Can you imagine how this would a problem?
3. The only problem with easy mod is that it does not allow you to select the AR manually. It would be an easy fix.
[Painting] Mary

Sea_Food wrote:

1. Pretty sure that OP didnt even have FL in mind when he made the suggestion. So this isnt a cry to a FL problem. This is a suggestion that gets invalidated because of FL.
2. The background is not visible in FL for a reason. You can edit the BG freely without the map getting unranked. Also there is a glitch that allows you to even edit video. Can you imagine how this would be a problem?
3. The only problem with easy mod is that it does not allow you to select the AR manually. It would be an easy fix.
I didn't know that you can edit the video too, wow >_> (thought it wasn't possible, but how does editing the BG help?)
That's too bad then.
Thank you for pointing that out... A~Hahaha
Every thing makes sense now.
But the problem doesn't stop just at FL, High AR will also be made a bit easier when you can see the follow point before the actual appearance of the note between jumps.
Dephix
How about adding this feature to all mods except FL?
Bauxe
If this happens, they aren't really separate 'combos' anymore. Plus, doesn't really seem necessary. I don't agree.
Dephix

Bauxe wrote:

If this happens, they aren't really separate 'combos' anymore. Plus, doesn't really seem necessary. I don't agree.
itll be made toggleable (similar to [added] Show the very first approach circle in Hidden-Mode) so if u dont like it but prefer the current behavior then u can just leave the option disabled
Dephix
bumping
Bara-
Nice bump
Dephix
pls, it would definitely look nicer to see all the paths i have to move my cursor, the thing about making the last circle in a stream next combo just to have that followpoint is weird, that last circle isnt part of the stream?
Yauxo
If this happens, at least add an option to choose which ones you'd like to connect. Sometimes I'd like to connect these, but sometimes I NC an object just to get rid of it.
Szymek
Agree with this Idea would be more helpful to the players.
I Give Up
Some players prefer playing with follow point and some without, why not cater for everyone. We can have follow point option:
-Full
-Combo
-Off

Yes it is a slight gameplay changer, but considering we already buffed HD showing first approach circle I don't think this should be a problem either. But if we don't want to buff FL then just disable full follow point while mod is active.
Deva
I disagree mainly because it would make ar11 much much much easier for reaction based players like me (I doubt theres many but still...). AR/OD/HP11 would give massive pp gains to those who dont deserve it.
As for FL, why would you want to make easier something thats meant to be hard??
Bara-
AR 11 will still be impossible
OD/HP 11 don't exist
Also, perhaps people will start using FL if it's slightly nerfed, cause literally no one uses it, which is a shame
Also, there are only a handful of people who aer actually capable of ar11, still, the fact that combo's will also be followed by this won't change this fact
The timing window on AR 11 is so incredibly strict it's nigh impossible to see, especiall on a low end pc
Deva

baraatje123 wrote:

AR 11 will still be impossible
OD/HP 11 don't exist
Also, perhaps people will start using FL if it's slightly nerfed, cause literally no one uses it, which is a shame
Also, there are only a handful of people who aer actually capable of ar11, still, the fact that combo's will also be followed by this won't change this fact
The timing window on AR 11 is so incredibly strict it's nigh impossible to see, especiall on a low end pc
AR11 is not impossible and it will never be.
OD10 allows 20ms (or so) hit error while OD10 + DT (OD11) allows only 13ms hit error so it pretty much exists. Same for HP just with increased drain.
Probably most of top 100 can play AR11 by pure reaction but they all choose that they will only play what they can read so they dont play AR11.
You simply dont play AR11 on low end pc...
- Assassin -
I absolutely don't know if the meaning of changing hit circle colors and a restart on the count of numbers in the hit circles are meant to cut off the followpoint.
drum drum

- Assassin - wrote:

I absolutely don't know if the meaning of changing hit circle colors and a restart on the count of numbers in the hit circles are meant to cut off the followpoint.
that means new combo btw
Yauxo

HK_ wrote:

I disagree mainly because it would make ar11 much much much easier for reaction based players like me (I doubt theres many but still...). AR/OD/HP11 would give massive pp gains to those who dont deserve it.
As for FL, why would you want to make easier something thats meant to be hard??
Are you fucking serious. Your opinions are getting more random and weird with every post I read

HK_ wrote:

AR11 is not impossible and it will never be.
AR11 is not impossible, but will never ever be meta. Have you tried turning human.exe off and on again? That shit is inhuman to read.

HK_ wrote:

Probably most of top 100 can play AR11 by pure reaction but they all choose that they will only play what they can read so they dont play AR11.
You simply dont play AR11 on low end pc...
This is great. Thing is that people shouldnt react, people should be able to read to play maps consistently.
The low end PC line also doesnt mean anything. Your PC can be shitty, that doesnt change the fact that AR11 is above anything normal-human reaction. Extremely trained reaction? Maybe.

And seriously, if you want to prove your point, please go ahead and play an AR11 map for me. Not a 10 second 2* AR11 one, a real map on AR11.
All you do is apparently spam Easy/Normal maps and claim that maps are made to be difficult. What the actual hell
Deva

Yauxo wrote:

AR11 is not impossible, but will never ever be meta.
I completely agree on that but its annoying when people say it impossible.

Yauxo wrote:

This is great. Thing is that people shouldnt react, people should be able to read to play maps consistently.
Im actually working on proving that false. As for how it will turn out i dont really care as long as im having fun.

Yauxo wrote:

The low end PC line also doesnt mean anything. Your PC can be shitty, that doesnt change the fact that AR11 is above anything normal-human reaction.
Try playing at 30fps and you will understand what i meant.

Yauxo wrote:

And seriously, if you want to prove your point, please go ahead and play an AR11 map for me. Not a 10 second 2* AR11 one, a real map on AR11.
I actually dont want to prove it, what you think of what im saying is completely up to you not me lol
And sorry i have 30fps handicap right now cant do even AR9.
Winnie
Let's clear things up, on a 2k ranked perspective. This graph demonstrates my play from 4.2k to 2.5 k

From what I have read I want to clear something up. I have a year 2000 computer and it is absolutely trash that I play on 800x600 and you can't say anything about this, but I tend to play on 1366x768 because I can get a decent fps rating of 120 , but that isn't the problem. If you do have 30 fps that fucking blows but you can't make the assumptions of if I had higher fps I can play better, it doesn't work that way. As for ar11 you don't need to react to play the song. This graph demonstrates my DT experiences, I have tried to get faster and faster and I have broke the wall in doing so and shooting up ranks. Once your eyes and hands can keep up with the speed of ar11 you don't ever need to react anymore as you instinctively play the notes with sheer will. Once you consistently practice DT forever and ever you can become faster and faster. Depending on the song you have to use reactions due to the way it's formulated and mapped out, but that can be said for most songs that are high bpm. You guys can argue my point all you want, but the main point I want to get accross is. Get good, you can play anything, there is no limit to how far you can go unless some BS happens, but you don't necessarily need to play ar11 on reactions. ;)
Deva

Kocari wrote:

If you do have 30 fps that fucking blows but you can't make the assumptions of if I had higher fps I can play better, it doesn't work that way.
This actually isnt an assumption because i legit play better on 120fps than on 30fps (if 30fps one can be called playing at all) and probably anyone would lol
Yauxo
Can we please get back on topic? I know I went kinda offtopic as well, but goddamn, just stop with all of that AR talk now
S-rank_old
Make followpoint appear between everynote except spinners pls
Adder
Yes
make it go through every note, those 12 12 12 12 patterns are really confusing to do
making a followpoint go from the center of a spinner to the next circle is possible too
also having followpoint is easier to read the timing of notes
won't happen
Ruth
Yes Plz! i need it too, i think the game can get so much better whit this
Pituophis
nah
Adder
Bump
Paxas_old
In theory, if a map is FCable with followpoint then it is also FCable without them. But this game is about "physical execution", not "theory", you can be #1 with just the intelligence and knowledge of a 7-year-old.
show more