Sweaty hands affecting my pen grip

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Cyan Yoshi

Gumpyyy wrote:

You could try holding it differently
I've tried many different grips and they still all result in my losing grip of the pen eventually :/
cheezstik
Try turning a fan or some A/C on, you shouldn't be sweating if your room's cold.
Green Platinum

cheezstik wrote:

Try turning a fan or some A/C on, you shouldn't be sweating if your room's cold.
Then we have this problem t/281379
-sev

-LeeP- wrote:

go back to mouse
I know this is meant as a joke, but playing with mouse when you have sweaty palms is hell. I've been having this problem for a week now and I'm forced to stop and wipe my hands during breaks. Otherwise I lose my grip.
buny
his palms are sweaty
leepdesu

Kaienyuu wrote:

I know this is meant as a joke, but playing with mouse when you have sweaty palms is hell. I've been having this problem for a week now and I'm forced to stop and wipe my hands during breaks. Otherwise I lose my grip.
That's very sad. :C
bigfeh
Yeah, you probably have hyperhidrosis. I do too, and it sucks
(EDIT: just for clarification, yeah, it's genetic. So it's not like we can do anything about it)

There is, however, treatment available. I've been taking oxybutynin for the past few months and for the first time after I started I was able to walk barefoot and write on a piece of paper without wetting it (huge bump in quality of life etc. etc.)

Bottom line is go see your doctor! I know it isn't gonna get any better if you wash your hands or play holding paper, though I found that playing with a towel on my lap turned out to be very useful.
Saphirshroom

Green Platinum wrote:

Perhaps also dehydrate yourself so much your body doesn't have the resources to sweat
Fucking brilliant.

Whenever I have sweaty hands I ignore them.

thelewa wrote:

Sweat is just a feeling, you can get used to it.
...or something similar to that anyway.
Yuudachi-kun
What if you used deodorant on your hands?
sayonara_sekai
deodorants dont prevent sweating.

rubbing a strong antiperspirant on your palm might work, give it a shot. - dr phil
Yuudachi-kun
I thiught deodorants had anti persperents by default.
bigfeh

Kheldragar wrote:

I thiught deodorants had anti persperents by default.
Yeah, some of them do. Aluminium salts play that role, but in that intensity, you need a whole lot more than what you can get in a "normal" deodorant (if there's even any antiperspirant in it). There are some other options with high(er) concentrations of antiperspirants, but they're not as common - contact dermatitis, for instance, is commonly caused by these.
sayonara_sekai
some stick deodorants might have a very small amount of it but if sweating is a serious issue to you it really isnt enough to prevent anything.

sprays have no sweat preventing qualities whatsoever for obvious reasons (its scented air)

#deaodorantchat
Topic Starter
Cyan Yoshi

bigfeh wrote:

(EDIT: just for clarification, yeah, it's genetic. So it's not like we can do anything about it)

There is, however, treatment available. I've been taking oxybutynin for the past few months and for the first time after I started I was able to walk barefoot and write on a piece of paper without wetting it (huge bump in quality of life etc. etc.)

Bottom line is go see your doctor! I know it isn't gonna get any better if you wash your hands or play holding paper, though I found that playing with a towel on my lap turned out to be very useful.
I've thought about doing this before but I wasn't sure if it was big enough of an issue. I just tried wrapping a paper towel around my pen and it helped drastically. Although it got soaked after an hour of playing I fell like this was the solution I was looking for. I'll bring it up next time I go see the doctors though, so thanks for the suggestion.
bigfeh

Cyan Yoshi wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

I've thought about doing this before but I wasn't sure if it was big enough of an issue. I just tried wrapping a paper towel around my pen and it helped drastically. Although it got soaked after an hour of playing I fell like this was the solution I was looking for. I'll bring it up next time I go see the doctors though, so thanks for the suggestion.
This goes beyond osu!. It was, for me, a huge improvement to overall life quality. But in the mean time, a paper towel might be able to help - make sure to play with an actual towel too, as that helps a lot.
B1rd
maybe you can get something permanent to put on your pen that will not be affected by sweat. For example you could wrap some sort of cloth around the pen
Dumii
If your problem is your palms sweating, blowing it with a fan probably isn't going to help much.
Personally, I'd recommend simply doing what Bauxe / Rika have suggested, and putting a cloth over your pen whilst using it.
Granted, it will be more work to clean the cloth every now and then, and may slightly affect your aim, but will probably be most effective in solidifying your grip on your tablet pen
ZenithPhantasm

This.
Lucanite
His knees weak, moms spaghetti
kai99
i remember when i saw this thread like a year ago i was like wtf but now i have the same problem
Piefayth
Those of you who are suggesting deodorant, just get an anti-antiperspirant hand lotion. I bought one to try that arrived today, and uh, my consistency is out of control. We slip free now, bois

Edit: Just got my second best play ever
Double edit: And another top 5 play. This is great :!:
DavidStojke

buny wrote:

his palms are sweaty

knees weak, arms are heavy
farcryz
mom's spaghetti
lonely
Wash your hands with washing up liquid, that helps dry your hands and clear your hands free of any excess grease/oil's.