forum

Modded consoles?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
A Cynical Asian
So does anyone here have modded consoles, softmodded or hardmodded?

If you do, what can you do with it, and what kind of modded-console exclusive content do you have on the console?
Just to clarify, DS R4 cards and siimilar don't count as "mods".

• PlayStation (modded to play burned discs, Japanese and American, I think)
  • Wii (cIOS, ISO backups, homebrews; softmodded)
  • PSP (CFM, cXMB, ISO backups, homebrews; softmodded)
NicoNicoNiii
Well almost all my devices are modded but first thing comes to my mind is my psp. Its a 2004 and i use it to play/emulate nes,snes,gba and many more.

edit:I mostly play jrpgs on the nintendo emulators.
Topic Starter
A Cynical Asian

NicoNicoNiii wrote:

Well almost all my devices are modded but first thing comes to my mind is my psp. Its a 2004 and i use it to play/emulate nes,snes,gba and many more.

edit:I mostly play jrpgs on the nintendo emulators.
Nice, is your PSP a PSP-1000 series like mine? I know those have perma-softmods.
AutoMedic
I have a perma softmodded psp 2003 model . Feels gud mang
NicoNicoNiii
I meant 2000 model when i said 2004 hehe. Also yes its permamodded.
Gumpy
Nope can't be bothred to mod them.
DeletedUser_3905941
-modded ps2 to play iidx
-modded wii to play "backups" :^)
-modded xbox 360, coolrunner something
-ps3 jailbreak

and yet i don't use them anymore
HDHR Crutch
Homebrewed wii. - Using that for CTGP mario Kart wii and a port of quake.
Jailbroken Ps3 - CoD hax!11!!11

That's it, not much in comparison to others.
Gumpy

- Sentinel - wrote:

Just going to put you on the list of reasons why I stopped playing MW2 with my friends also fuck you.
HDHR Crutch

Gumpyyy wrote:

- Sentinel - wrote:

Just going to put you on the list of reasons why I stopped playing MW2 with my friends also fuck you.

pls i no aimboats I swear i legit quicksc0per

Actually in all seriousness I only used it for Messing around with stuff in spec ops lmao.
Gumpy

- Sentinel - wrote:

pls i no aimboats I swear i legit quicksc0per

Actually in all seriousness I only used it for Messing around with stuff in spec ops lmao.
Good
Green Platinum
Why would I mod my consoles when I already have a snes and super gameboy? Nothing else is worth playing
sirscrafty_old

Green Platinum wrote:

Why would I mod my consoles when I already have a snes and super gameboy? Nothing else is worth playing
Well, there are people still developing games for those. Sort of.
I know that the last SNES game developed was made in like 2007, and it was by an independent creator. So, we can kinda look at that as SNES 'modding'.
Karuta-_old_1
I have a ps2 where I just blocked the scanner so I could run backups

and a psp 2000 that uses a custom rom that runs Kingdom Heart BBS without any problems (and bricked it once)
TakuMii
Hmm, let me see...

-Hardmodded PS1 (modchipped for backups... old modchip doesn't have anti-AR/AP nor region-free so I need to use a bootdisc for certain games)
-Softmodded original Xbox (hotswapped harddrive with PC to transfer over the Ndure softmod installer, then used FTP to update/customize UnleashX + install emulators/DLC. Plays backups too)
-Softmodded Wii (cIOS, cMIOS, .WADs, emulators, etc. Use it mainly to play GC backups and Project M)
-Sony Ericsson Xperia Play /w custom ROM (if that counts. Rooted, emulators, light storage/RAM usage, etc. This phone is terrible when stock TBH... although it's really not that much better when modded)
-Softmodded 3DS XL (4.5 CFW, plays .CIA backups. Was a pain in the ass to set up, and I still feel incredibly limited with what I can do with this... I might just revert to 9.2 OFW and buy myself a GW3DS and/or go legit once I get myself a job)
sirscrafty_old
I have a modded Wii, only for PM.