forum

Spitfire Special - (MLP skin for standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
iiko
This skin is so gooood~ <3
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri
The ranking-retry image is broken, apparently osu! doesn't support it. I am sorry. The file is in there for one that matches the color if you can deal with the color difference in the pause screen. There is nothing I can do.

If you don't like the slider sound, I recommend duplicating one of the counting sounds (they are silent) and renaming it. That will have to do until I can come up with one.

And thanks a ton Sakuya. =D I'm glad to hear that you liked it.

Highly recommend re-dowload. I fixed some of the lower rez images. Thanks.

The options download has been removed, and instead included in the .osk. The PSDs are no longer available, I'll provide them if I receive enough requests. Thanks.
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri
Target Practice mod icon has been updated. New version is available.

New health bar will be included tomorrow, although I have permission from the maker of the current one. I'll need to add credit to Kutsuu for the health bar.

Next, if you guys know who made the original score numbers (they are in the optional files under "Thin Red") it would be cool if you let me know. I re-did them (resize, re-center, re-color) so I don't know if I need permission, but I'll ask anyway.

Next thing up for upgrade will be the mod buttons, and mode background. I don't want to flood it with too many overpowering images though... so let me know if I should add it.

And finally, if the skin gets some love I'll make elements for the other game modes. Standard only for now.

I'm also taking requests (don't expect them to be finished quickly though) so feel free to let me know. I'm still new to this, so I imagine that I'll get much better with some time.

P.S. - If someone is willing to make a video to demo it that would be awesome. I was working on one, but my video editing and whatnot are not that great atm... and I don't have much time with work and school (plus modding, streaming, working out, blah blah blah) ... Much love to other Spitfire fans.
Vuelo Eluko
Quite nice, ztrot would be jealous
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri

Riince wrote:

Quite nice, ztrot would be jealous
Thank you very much. I put a lot of work into it. I hope it shows.
Tasteyy
good skin just from the looks. :D
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri

Tasteyy wrote:

good skin just from the looks. :D
Thank you, yeah, since it's character based it is mostly going for a certain visual bang so to say. Although I did try to keep the playfield pretty minimal. Although it does still have star2... and some minor lighting.

If you try it out let me know what you think. ^_^
-HakureiReimu-
Very Nice looking skin :D GJ Capt ;)
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri

ManOfNoPV wrote:

Very Nice looking skin :D GJ Capt ;)
Thank you very much. If you ever have any input let me know. ^_^
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri
Doesn't seem anyone wants the other modes, which is fine for me. I'll be working on another skin soon, although suggestions are welcome. Thanks everyone that gave the skin a try. The lack of negative comments makes me think I must be doing alright.

Trust me though, there will be more and I'll try to bring the same kind of quality and care in the future.

Capt Spitfire
argoos100
It's a very good skin. Only thing I dislike is the collapsed text. nevertheless it is a very good skin. Keep make skins !!
lol
Its a nice skin, I like the cursor and circle designs as well as the menu on the map selection screen. My only dislike is the blue map thumbnail thing (I have no idea what its called)
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri
Forgot to mention, feel free to use my stuff. All I ask is that you credit me, post in the thread, and a link back would be super swell. I'll make a 1 stop shop for my elements after I get another skin or two out. Fair warning, the folder might be really massive. I have tons of extra stuff that nobody ever sees for one of a dozen reasons. Anyway... once again, thanks everyone for your support and encouragement.
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri
Spinner changed slightly. I'll add score@2x soon. I might entirely re-do it, but ti'll take a bit because I have to recreate the numbers at a higher resolution. I didn't realize it would ever be an issue. Anyway, enjoy!

Also, removed Dropbox download to make updating a little easier. I'm sorry that you guys lose out on a DL option, but I feel it's for the best.
Mahogany
I'm very picky about the skins I use, but at the very least, I have to say that the back button is impossibly cute and I'm now using it in my personal skin ^_^

Edit: Here's some actual criticism

-I really like the numbers

-The cursor is very hard to see during Kiai Time (Especially since I use 0.5x size, but even when testing at 1x I wasn't always fully aware where my cursor was)

-The reverse indicator on a slider can also be difficult to see during Kiai Time

-The miss icon is hard to see

But I've managed to gain 2 PP while using this skin so I declare it a success!

Thanks!
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri
Well, someone pointed something out that I didn't notice before. Circles, overlays, and the like are hard to make unique. Turns out mine are a lot like the ones in some Phaze skin... even though I'd never seen or heard of it.

I put my PSDs in the file again, screw the size... do what you will with them. This skin is finished, and as far as I'm concerned if people like anything that they see they can use it. Of course I'd love for you to tell me, but hey, it is what it is. I'm done getting bent out of shape by something that prbly wasn't an original idea anyway.

Osu! is too small a community for anger and finger pointing. Well, this post was pointless, just had to get it out there I guess. Cya.
Topic Starter
Hiutsuri
Well, working on some minor updates, anyone who liked this skin just check the thread every now and again. Gonna try to do some work on it this weekend. As always my PSDs and whatnot will be in the PSD folder. Anyway, have a great night everyone.
ColdTooth
Favorite pony ^ㅂ^

Also, keep up the good work o/
corvoattano15
Il keep an eye on this skin right now send me a reminder when its done if you can
Mlpfluttershy
nice skin I love it :) :D :oops:
furikuri
I like it
LST official
i cant download this skin
bonchie

ColdTooth wrote:

Favorite pony ^ㅂ^

Also, keep up the good work o/
ColdTooth LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL!
PaciDashie
the skin link dont work sadly...