forum

Expander - aura

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shoga
whoever bubble this map and it get ranked, will have a 2-month supporter
Ritzeh
i posted just so his phone would notify him that someone posted on his beatmap thread
ffstar
this map is so nice
Ritzeh
i posted just so his phone would notify him that someone posted on his beatmap thread
mithew

Mel wrote:

i'm so ready for 2037
Mel
same
bananannian
same
Karen

Shoga wrote:

whoever bubble this map and it get ranked, will have a 2-month supporter

Weed wrote:

whoever bubbles this map ill give 1000 yen (that's japanese currency)
quoting here in case you edit them ╮(‵▽′)╭
Kroytz
still got a few more years dw
Topic Starter
Midge
i mean, if a bn showed interest, i'd take this out of graveyard.
Ritzeh
whoever bubbles this map, i'll give them a pat on the back. and $5

also page 11 hype
Ritzeh
posted just so his phone would notify him that someone posted on his beatmap thread
-Atri-

mithew wrote:

Mel wrote:

i'm so ready for 2037
And my map will ranked at 2078, so stay tuned
Shoga
I see no problem with this ####################################################################
iza-
i don't know if a mod will help here, but i really want to see this ranked or at least bubbled
(this is also to try in vain to get midge to try again to get this ranked and to have his phone notify him that someone posted something)

i will try to find as many things wrong with this map as possible, and most of them will be pretty nazi
if i find the same things as monstrata that you already rejected, then just ignore it please bc i couldn't remember everything monstrata talked about

[beyond extreme]
by the way, i think this is pretty playable even for a 19k; i passed it HD with B (pretty much a sight read except for the beginning), but i think i could get an A if i practiced
but tbh star difficulty is pretty broken
  1. 00:02:706 (5,6) - right now, the cursor movement is a little bit weird here since the slider path changes the cursor direction, so try something more like this?
    or
  2. 00:03:563 (2,3) - same thing here, so try moving 2 down like this
  3. 00:05:620 (3,3) - consider stacking these notes, it's just a bit off anyhow
  4. 00:08:363 (2) - maybe curve this slider up, pointing towards the other note, like this (i tried to keep your pattern similar to what it was before)
    if you do, perhaps try to repeat the same motion here, 00:08:878 (2,3)
  5. 00:11:963 (3) - i know that you are mapping the drums here, but maybe change the slider direction when the melody comes in. maybe move the slider's curve thing to the white tick instead of afterwards, maybe try something like this:
  6. 00:13:849 (3,4) - perhaps straighten out the (3) slider and point towards the (4) slider. stack (4) onto the sliderend of the next (1). i think it would look more clean
  7. 00:16:763 (4,5,6,7) - i think you may have the wrong rhythm here, so either make (4) shorter to the white tick, or extend it to the next red tick, as i only can hear a triple there and not a quad.
  8. 00:17:792 (2) - ocd wise, can you line this up with the next slider
  9. 00:19:335 (1) - from this to 00:22:420 (3) - i think you should change your NC'ing here to emphasize the melody, like you did from 00:14:192 (1) - to 00:18:306 (1)
  10. 00:25:506 (1) - to keep the flow the same, change to something like this?
  11. 00:25:678 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - i am in love with this pattern :)
  12. 00:31:163 (2) - for flow, maybe ctrl g
  13. 00:34:420 (1) - i don't really like the kickslider here, because i think it's really confusing rhythm wise, but i still think it's okay
  14. 00:41:792 (1) - i know you increase spacing here because the SV increases too, but maybe put a little bit closer to the next note, just to make it a bit easier
  15. 00:47:792 (1,2,1,2) - wow, this pattern fits the music so well
  16. 01:02:192 (1) - i don't think this slider needs to be this complicated, lol.
  17. 01:07:506 (1) - in order to give a better visual cue for where the next note is going, consider rotating 180 degrees and stacking: like this
  18. 01:13:849 (1,2,1) - keep same spacing here, i don't hear anything in the music to merit one having a bigger jump than the other.
  19. 01:20:363 (2,1) - try moving the (1) referred to here out farther, just like the slider-circles get bigger, because i feel like the (1) slider should be in the same place in reference to the (2) circle to the slider-circles
  20. 01:24:478 (2) - move down to x:376, y:368 so that 01:24:135 (1) - points to the circle for aesthetics
  21. 01:24:649 (1) - point the slider to the next note, for aesthetics
  22. 01:34:249 (1) - in the music, there is a shimmer, so maybe reflect that in this slider!
  23. 01:36:135 (1,1) - make a bigger jump here, there is a loud note in msuic
  24. 01:38:363 (1) - maybe move to the right and slightly up here, so that it better follows the slider swirl of the previous note
  25. 01:48:135 - i would love it if you added a short 1/8 or 1/4 slider here with high SV for the loud note in the music!
(sorry about the change in skin for screenshots)
if you need any clarification about anything whatsoever, just say so in your response, and i will clarify it :) or pm me in game
seriously though, most of my mod is unneeded tbh, i think it probably could be ranked even without this

since it seems that just the beyond extreme diff is preventing this from rank, i won't mod the other ones, unless you say anything about it and i'll be sure to mod the other diffs too! also if you want me to look back at it again, i'll be sure to! i'm sure i missed a ton of things that i could have said

i'm a big fan of your mapping! your racemization is especially awesome :3

tons of luck finding bn's! :D
Topic Starter
Midge
i appreciate the sentiment.

unfortunately, i have no plans to take this map out of grave any time soon. when i was attempting to rank this, every bn i had asked said no. every single one either ignored me or said no. i mean that i had LITERALLY sent a message to ALL bns at the time. i don't want to go through that again. the only reason monstrata even touched my map was because a well known player who i'm good friends with suggested the map to him. of course, he told me to follow up with him on irc, but when i did, no reply.

the problem with this map wasn't that it wasn't ready. the problem with this map was me. i'm not a well known mapper. i don't have bn friends, and i dont have friends who have bn friends. you can't just rank something like this without those kinds of connections. i'm certain that if someone like sukinathan or hw or someone with an established mapping history tried to rank this, it'd be ranked no fucking problem. but i'm not those people. i'm just a nobody.

that's just how the system works.

so unless a bn approaches me, i am not going to touch this map. sorry.
iza-
D: i'm really sad that you feel this way about ranking things

i hope a bn does approach you about this map or any of your other maps (and maybe that might happen with the new bn's but i sadly highly doubt it)
i guess looking into the future tho, if you have any other maps that you want to rank i'll be really happy to mod it for you! just let me know

i really hope that one day you get back to this map and finish it off. :3 it's been waiting for 2 years already..
-Atri-
No worry i might need to wait for my map ranked In 2078 because of that
mithew
i think this should be ranked :)
Ritzeh
posted just so his phone would notify him that someone posted on his beatmap thread
Mel
if something ever happens
http://puu.sh/rBVKB/5f8227eeeb.osu
Shoga
Mel
Loved when
mithew
loved :o
Topic Starter
Midge
never. osu is lame.
Shoga

Midge wrote:

never. osu is lame.
When USA is communist maybe osu! is not lame.

p/s: Page 11 hype
Destirox

Midge wrote:

i appreciate the sentiment.

unfortunately, i have no plans to take this map out of grave any time soon. when i was attempting to rank this, every bn i had asked said no. every single one either ignored me or said no. i mean that i had LITERALLY sent a message to ALL bns at the time. i don't want to go through that again. the only reason monstrata even touched my map was because a well known player who i'm good friends with suggested the map to him. of course, he told me to follow up with him on irc, but when i did, no reply.

the problem with this map wasn't that it wasn't ready. the problem with this map was me. i'm not a well known mapper. i don't have bn friends, and i dont have friends who have bn friends. you can't just rank something like this without those kinds of connections. i'm certain that if someone like sukinathan or hw or someone with an established mapping history tried to rank this, it'd be ranked no fucking problem. but i'm not those people. i'm just a nobody.

that's just how the system works.

so unless a bn approaches me, i am not going to touch this map. sorry.
wow I am surprised to see this message
anyway there is another one on 'mapping styles' that work the same way as this
good luck for all people like this..
rakuskoin
when will it ranked?
Poncho
are aura'ing?
Weed
bump cc:
mithew
make sure to shoot your stars for loved :)
Ritzeh
anything new from the dude
Shoga
Ritzeh
happy new year
mithew
the stars paid off
Ritzeh
i love a nime
sionKotori
mimu