Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Soaprman

Yoshi348 wrote:

Easy
01:09:437 (4,5) - spacing a bit too short
lol whoops. fixed that.
AIMod has a few things it says makes this Hard difficulty, but they're slightly too long spacings on long pauses anyway so I wouldn't call them hard at all. It's still in development anyway.
people's opinions > AIMod's opinions. if people think the spacing is fine then it's fine.

Normal
00:10:271 (1) - Too close to the end of the previous slider for the time gap.
ehhhh I'm going to leave this as it is. If I spaced it "properly" it would look ugly.
00:39:173 (4) - Not a problem, I just love the hitsound for the slider here :)
thx bro. I think the taiko sounds work really well in this section.
As for the difficulty, I'm not that good at saying what exactly is normal here. Development difficulty mod puts in hard for having objects within 137ms of each other which is over the normal limit of... 140ms. lol. Who knows?
3ms... pfft, who cares. I think this is a normal. I might label it "normal+" if that wasn't so ugly.

Hard
The whole part before the break - Now these are intuitive jumps. Good work.
01:07:801 (3) - oh god what how are you supposed to read that? Not sure this is even rankable, but then again I even hate those sliders that have a short little hidden loop before the big one.
ahahahaha this slider rules. I guess it could be kind of confusing though, yeah... I'll change it.
01:19:253 (1)-end of song - WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!? Holy shit man. It took me several run-throughs in the editor to figure out what the hell you where doing here... apparently it's 1/8s mixed with 1/2s mixed with 1/4s all in a super spaced out (but constant) distance snap. It might be hard for you to see since you designed it, but it's pretty much impossible to read especially when the "path" crosses over itself plenty of times. This should not be in a map that is not Insane, if it should be in any map at all.
I actually don't think this is so hard to read. well, maybe except 01:22:797 (2) since it changes direction like that. I'm going to leave this until there is more consensus that it needs changed though because I like it how it is.

Thanks for playing/modding!
Topic Starter
Soaprman
I can't see myself making any extravagant changes to this map so.... off to Pending!
Teras
Oh.. This song is awesome. Have it on my cellphone ^^

Star,
Teras
[Hard]

00:54:305 (1) Move this note to 00:54:441 and fix spacing? Sounds better to me than at it's current position

EDIT: I will look through this map again when I have time for it. ^^
Hijiri Tezuka
Did the diff I said, hope you get this Ranked :)

Download: 07th Expansion - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (Soaprman) [Oyashiro Beatrice's Curse].osu
Topic Starter
Soaprman

Teras wrote:

[Hard]

00:54:305 (1) Move this note to 00:54:441 and fix spacing? Sounds better to me than at it's current position
Agreed. This happened to apply to all difficulties. Good find!

Oyashiro Beatrice: sorry, but I don't really need any extra difficulties on this. I guess I should have said that as a response to your post... oh well. I appreciate the effort though!
soulfear
akiko shikata is the artist.not 07.
Teras
Tried to redownload.. "The beatmap has not been uploaded correctly. :?
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Try it now. I was in the middle of full resubmit shenanigans. :P
Yoshi348
Lol at the replacement wacky slider. Messes with your head without actually being a problem.

So yeah, take my praise up there, and notice that I'm not as bewildered by the end of Hard as I was before, and we're adding up to a great beatmap. I'm not 100% sure on the last couple jumps but I suck at them so I'll bow to other modders' judgements. The set tilts a little towards the hard end but the Easy is sufficiently easy and importantly, not boring or underdeveloped, so yay.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Maybe I should spam this in mod queues or troll #modreqs or something... ugh...
Teras

Soaprman wrote:

Maybe I should spam this in mod queues or troll #modreqs or something... ugh...
Do it. Mods won't come to you :P

Also.

Do something about the last part in hard.

1:19:934 - 1:24:024 I didn't notice that these notes did not have any tick between each other until I checked it in the timeline so I would suggest if you could move them together so it's possible to read them. because right now I can't..Maybe it's just me. But apart from that this is the only thing bugging me in all your diffs. So I'm sure that this will get ranked soon.

Edit: Yep, double mod post ftw.
Don't Kudosu for this. It's jsut my personal opinion about that part.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Alright. Two people mentioning that the end of hard needs changed = it maybe actually does need changed. So I changed it.

Thanks for swinging by again!

I have a bit of spare time tonight. I guess it's a good time to promote this map a bit, huh?

Teras wrote:

Don't Kudosu for this.
OK FINE THEN I WON'T
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Alright, it's at 8 stars now. EVERY BAT PLS POST IN THIS THREAD NOW
Dusty
I saw you were mapping Akiko Shikata and I love Akiko Shikata songs, so here I am :p

aww, you didn't map the full version :(

Uncapitalize the "Ni" in the title? That's how Wiki romanizes it, probably because ni is a particle and not a real word or something.

[Easy]
Yeah, right, this is a Normal, especially if you OD+1 it :<
00:13:816 (the break) - Hey, this is an awesome part, map it D:
A song this short doesn't need breaks anyhow.

[Normal]
Yeah, right, this is a Hard, especially if you OD+2 it :<

[Hard]
and IMO the wtf spacing at the beginning and end and those 1/4 triples makes this Insane but eh it could go either way
01:07:801 (3) - uh >____>
Topic Starter
Soaprman
About the full version: I didn't know about the full version when I started this. I have learned about it since then though... I dunno if I'd want to map it after already mapping this but if you or someone else wants to collab on it I'd be up for it maybe?

About the title: I'll full resubmit with the name change sometime tomorrow. Thanks for pointing that out!

About the difficulty names: they are indeed quite borderline. I've seen ranked difficulties with the same names that are harder than these, though, so I'll keep them as they are. Names like "Normal+" are just kind of ugly so I won't go that route.

About the break: I like it how it is. It's the title sequence connecting the opening skit to the main performance. (also, there are a few parts that have the same structure later in the song and I feel they are repetitive enough) It is a good part of the song, though!

About the slider: I don't know why. But it works. "No scene is worth a line; no movie is worth a scene" but there is precedent for such a thing to be ranked, so I should be able to keep this thing in.

Thanks for stopping by. If your Akiko Shikata map still needs modded tomorrow evening, I'll give it a look.
Topic Starter
Soaprman

Soaprman wrote:

oh, also, how do you move the title scroll thing to another point in the song? Do I need to get with a BAT to do that? I want it moved to 13:816 (same place the title shows up in the video).

I also want the "Na" colored red if possible.

ohhh, forgot to cross this out since Larto was nice and did it for me.
oh hey, this gets undone if you full resubmit. ANY BATS VIEWING THIS THREAD: I need it moved to 13:816 again.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
bump! Sooner or later I'll have some time to get kudosu to promote this map some more...
Teras

Soaprman wrote:

bump! Sooner or later I'll have some time to get kudosu to promote this map some more...
Have 2 kudosu stars from me then. Should help a little ;)
pokedigi

Soaprman wrote:

Soaprman wrote:

oh, also, how do you move the title scroll thing to another point in the song? Do I need to get with a BAT to do that? I want it moved to 13:816 (same place the title shows up in the video).

I also want the "Na" colored red if possible.

ohhh, forgot to cross this out since Larto was nice and did it for me.
oh hey, this gets undone if you full resubmit. ANY BATS VIEWING THIS THREAD: I need it moved to 13:816 again.
Beats seems OK. But you should take attention to the distance between notes. Some of them are out of average. To make a spooky circumstance, strange jumps between notes are not necessary.

It's an important reason that why modders ignore your beatmap. Try to use "Distance Snap" button on the bottom of right.
Teras

pokedigi wrote:

Beats seems OK. But you should take attention to the distance between notes. Some of them are out of average. To make a spooky circumstance, strange jumps between notes are not necessary.

It's an important reason that why modders ignore your beatmap. Try to use "Distance Snap" button on the bottom of right.
Sorry. I just dropped by to see if people have modded the map any yet and I saw this. Distance snap is not the cause of not getting a map modded. Maybe it's that soaprman isn't posting it in queues? Distance Snap is never a reason for modders to ignore the beatmap unless they're stupid.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
yeah, I just need to promote the map more, that's all. I doubt much, if anything, is wrong with it at this point.

To the queues!

(also, hyper thanks for the stars, Teras)
aRiskOfRain
Easy;

00:07:272 (1,1) - Spacing.
00:10:544 (1) - No new combo.
00:38:082 (1,2) - Spacing.
00:53:623 (5,1) - ^
01:09:982 (5,1) - ^
01:13:527 (6,1) - ^

Normal;

This is much more like a hard than a normal.
00:07:272 (1,1) - Spacing
00:12:180 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Not suitable for a normal at all.
00:59:622 (4,5,6) - Spacing.
01:09:846 (5,6) - Too hard for a normal.
01:12:710 (4,5,6) - Spacing.
01:18:162 (3,1) - Spacing.

Hard;

00:39:991 (7,8) - Stack this properly; turn the grid off, distance snap 0.0x
00:59:622 (6,7,8) - Put the 6 where the 8 is and vice versa.
01:12:710 (6,7,8) - ^
Topic Starter
Soaprman

DiamondCrash wrote:

Easy;

00:07:272 (1,1) - Spacing.
I moved the 1 from above the slider to below it to ease the spacing some. It would look ugly if I put it off to the side where it "should" be. (yes, I know I could change the shape of the sliders but I don't want to :()

00:10:544 (1) - No new combo.
Done.

00:38:082 (1,2) - Spacing.
2 is like 8/10 of a second away from 1. I don't think the small spacing should throw off too many. OD reduced by 1 though.

00:53:623 (5,1) - ^
^

01:09:982 (5,1) - ^
Alright, you have a case with this one. :P I changed a few things around.

01:13:527 (6,1) - ^
Moved some stuff, changed a slider.

Normal;

This is much more like a hard than a normal.
yeah, it probably is lol...

00:07:272 (1,1) - Spacing
My only guess about this is that you're inclined to click the circle early because it's close distance-wise to the end of the slider before it. I rediced OD by 1 to make this a bit easier to read. Let me know if that wasn't the issue or if this is a bad fix, because I like that circle where it is. :(

00:12:180 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Not suitable for a normal at all.
Alright. I removed the jumps.

00:59:622 (4,5,6) - Spacing.
Reduced it a little bit. It's still a little wider than normal because I think it fits this part of the song well.

01:09:846 (5,6) - Too hard for a normal.
Reduced 5 to a single circle.

01:12:710 (4,5,6) - Spacing.
Same as the last 4,5,6.

01:18:162 (3,1) - Spacing.
I changed the formation.

Hard;

00:39:991 (7,8) - Stack this properly; turn the grid off, distance snap 0.0x
Oh hey, I never thought of doing it like that. Neat trick. Thanks!

00:59:622 (6,7,8) - Put the 6 where the 8 is and vice versa.
01:12:710 (6,7,8) - ^

This would make the spacing easier but it would also de-emphasize the 6. I'm going to leave these as they are.
Thanks for dropping by!
Sekuyi
Everything fine with me ö.ö
Have a star :) *
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Cool. Thanks for playing!
wiedz
this hitsounds fits the song
nice map, star :3
h3k1ru
Hi. I suggest u to use "07th Expansion" as Source, and delete it from tags.
Also ur bg image has been already used at this ranked beatmap: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17425
Why don't try to find another good one?
And delete that 2 (o.o) unused .osb files.

Take my star :3
Topic Starter
Soaprman

h3k1ru wrote:

Hi. I suggest u to use "07th Expansion" as Source, and delete it from tags.
Also ur bg image has been already used at this ranked beatmap: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17425
Why don't try to find another good one?
And delete that 2 (o.o) unused .osb files.

Take my star :3
I actually had it set as 07th Expansion from the beginning but changed it to what it is now. I'm sure either way is fine but how it is now is probably more consistent with how opening themes like this tend to be done.

The other map with the same image was submitted a full month and a half after mine. I don't think this is an issue though. Background pictures get duplicated all the time. :P

Those .osb files... I have no idea how those even got in there. I'll delete them.

Thanks for dropping by!
GladiOol
[General]
  1. Rename [Hard] to [Insane]
  2. [Normal] to [Hard] &
  3. [Easy] to [Normal].
[Hard]

00:12:725 (1) - Remove New Combo.
00:13:271 (1) - ^ (Looks more epic in my opinion if you delete both New Combo~)
00:59:622 (6) - Add New Combo.
01:07:801 (3) - Unrankable, even though you can hold your mouse on it. I'd recomend making it a 0.5x slider or just make it longer.
01:12:710 (6) - Add New Combo.

[Normal]
  1. Increase Overall Difficulty by one.
00:10:544 (1) - Remove New Combo.
00:37:264 (1) - ^
00:51:442 (2,3) - Ewww, not even symmetrical! Please fix or remap.

[Easy]

01:19:253 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Pretty hard ending, please add in some sliders there!

Starred~
Topic Starter
Soaprman

GladiOol wrote:

[General]
  1. Rename [Hard] to [Insane]
  2. [Normal] to [Hard] &
  3. [Easy] to [Normal].
Alright.

[Hard]

00:12:725 (1) - Remove New Combo.
00:13:271 (1) - ^ (Looks more epic in my opinion if you delete both New Combo~)
"looks more epic" is a fantastic reason to do something. Done.

00:59:622 (6) - Add New Combo.
Yep.

01:07:801 (3) - Unrankable, even though you can hold your mouse on it. I'd recomend making it a 0.5x slider or just make it longer.
I made it curvy so it's a little more apparent what's going on.

01:12:710 (6) - Add New Combo.
Yep.

[Normal]
  1. Increase Overall Difficulty by one.
now that it's being renamed to Hard, this is definitely a good idea.

00:10:544 (1) - Remove New Combo.
00:37:264 (1) - ^
Yep.

00:51:442 (2,3) - Ewww, not even symmetrical! Please fix or remap.
yeah, I guess those were a bit ugly... fixed.

[Easy]

01:19:253 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Pretty hard ending, please add in some sliders there!
Done.

Starred~

Thanks for playing!
TheVileOne
General

Song and source shouldn't be the same. It looks weird. Remove source.

Delete .osb and full submit.

Normal

Fine

Hard

00:10:008 - I feel a note should go here. Stacking it on the end of 00:07:272 (1) - works fine. After that reapply distance snap to 00:10:271 (1) - .

Insane

00:02:364 (8,1) - This jump throws me off. 00:03:455 (1) - is an empty note. Empty note + jump = not good. Delete this note and make note 2 part of the white combo. It plays much better.

00:05:636 (8,1,2) - Still this jump is sporadic. I suggest you move 1 inward instead so you're moving forward instead of back.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/23948

The spacing roughly matches 00:07:272 (1,2,3) -

00:57:168 (7,8) - Does this have to be a jump. I think it plays better properly snapped.

01:18:435 (1,2,3) - Umm spacing??

Good song. I love the artist. I like the very unique spacing. Well done.
Topic Starter
Soaprman

TheVileOne wrote:

General

Song and source shouldn't be the same. It looks weird. Remove source.
alright yeah, that looks kind of dumb on the song select.

Delete .osb and full submit.
I just did this grrrrr. I'll wait until a BAT says this is bubble-ready and I'll be like "wait let me delete this osb now" because I dunno how it came back. If anyone can tell me what causes it to come back, please do. Maybe it's clicking "design" or something.

Normal

Fine
yay

Hard

00:10:008 - I feel a note should go here. Stacking it on the end of 00:07:272 (1) - works fine. After that reapply distance snap to 00:10:271 (1) - .
Sounds good. Done. The distance isn't perfect from 1-2 but I like it how it is now.

Insane

00:02:364 (8,1) - This jump throws me off. 00:03:455 (1) - is an empty note. Empty note + jump = not good. Delete this note and make note 2 part of the white combo. It plays much better.
It's an empty note in the song but I think the hitsound does good things to the rhythm and maintains symmetry with the 8,1 after it. I'm going to leave this as it is.

00:05:636 (8,1,2) - Still this jump is sporadic. I suggest you move 1 inward instead so you're moving forward instead of back.
the "moving forward instead of back" rationale is good. I changed this to look similar (but not identical) to your screenshot. It plays better like this. Good find.

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/23948

The spacing roughly matches 00:07:272 (1,2,3) -

00:57:168 (7,8) - Does this have to be a jump. I think it plays better properly snapped.
this actually is spaced the same as the other stuff in the combo. (except 1-2, but who's keeping count?)

01:18:435 (1,2,3) - Umm spacing??
Symmetry. I might change this if more people say they don't like it... we'll see what happens.

Good song. I love the artist. I like the very unique spacing. Well done.
Thanks!
Thanks for stopping by! #modreqs really works!
lovhin456
Hi ~

General;
- BG must be 1024x768 or 800x600
- Use this colors
Combo1 : 70,36,134
Combo2 : 247,247,247
Combo3 : 208,4,4
- Add (TV Size) on the title
Follow this viewtopic.php?f=56&t=24443

Normal;
- You have some ugly sliders...fix them, curve better the sliders you have, don't overlap notes/slider
- Use 1/4 snap divisor
- 00:12:725 (1,2,1) >> remove finish
- 00:13:816 >> remove finish, add whistle
- 00:30:175 >> new combo ??
- 00:35:083 >> ugly, do this instead ??
- 00:41:626 (1,2-1,2) >> Try to make slider points like this
- 00:51:442 (2,3) >> ughh, too curved, looks bad
- 00:54:441 >> kiai time starts here, make a section before this one at 00:54:168, for changing sounds
- 01:07:801 >> you can totally make this look better

Hard;
- Open AIMod for spacing errors
- 00:34:537 (1,2) >> delete these notes
- 00:39:173 >> kind of ulgy
- 01:07:801 >> umm, symmetry

Insane;
- Well placed notes (timeline) but not really that appealing on the playfield

* For all diff, make the last timing section soft
* Star ~ :3

0_o
THIS is the kind of anime music that I like ^_^
Don't be put off by the large post, there are lots of explanations and pictures and such so it's not as bad as it looks :P

[General]
I feel like the combo colours are a little too light and vibrant compared to the song. Lowering the yellow and red colours a few shades fit the mood much better imo. Replacing the white with a dark blue looked pretty nice too (I was never a fan of white hitcircles :U)

[Timing]
While your timing gets notes in the right places, the metronome and snapping is actually incorrect. Assuming the current BPM and offset is correct:
BPM: 73.35333..
Snapping: 1/6
Time signature: 4/4
Tick rate: 3
I'll include the slider speeds to use in the mods of each difficulty.
Be sure of course to go recheck all of your notes after this is done. You'll notice the metronome will sound much better now ^_^

[Normal]
Slider speed: 2.4
00:12:180 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - I'm gonna be a nitpicky music geek here. Since the music splits notes up into groups of three, it doesn't make musical sense to split these into groups of two. Maybe do something like this instead?
00:52:260 (3) - I know from watching my siblings try this game that stacked notes - especially sliders - are tough on newbies since the hitburst obscures the approach circle. Consider unstacking?
00:53:623 (5) - This is an awkward note to hit, to me it plays better merging 4 and 5 into a slider.
00:56:350 (3,4) - Similar to the above, 4 is a little awkward to hit as well. This could be remedied by shortening 3 to end at 00:56:898, then making 4 a slider from the next white tick to where it is now. (this all also applies for the next part like this) I know it kind of messes up the pretty pattern, but I really do think it plays better.

[Hard]
Slider speed: 3.0
00:12:180 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Same as Normal
00:57:713 (4) - Still a little awkward, but seeing as it's Hard it's not as much of an issue. Feel free to change it if you want though.
00:59:622 (4) - Spacing from 3. It didn't really throw me off, but it did strike me as odd since everything else in the map is properly distance snapped (from what I could tell)

[Insane]
Slider speed: 3.6 (lucky you, you hit the limit :P)
00:54:714 (2) - This is much uglier than the slider in the other diffs ;_; Maybe try making it look more like this:
00:56:759 (4,5,6,7) - Again with the groups of 3: musically it doesn't make sense to have two groups of 2 here. I would recommend unstacking these and making it a stream. This goes for the rest of 4-note stacks like this as well: either stack them all or unstack them all.
00:57:713 (8) - This is 100% opinion, but I feel like this note would be better if it was lower and to the left of 7. The reason for this is that it follows the pitch of the lyrics, and musically I just feel like the next note being stacked under this one sounds right. But again, this is purely a suggestion; I probably have a higher sensitivity to that kind of stuff than other people do so take of that what you will :P
01:01:257 (1) - Remember to make this a ctrl-h of the previous slider
01:18:435 (1,2,3) -While I did catch this after a playthrough or two, it is pretty hard to catch if you don't know what's coming. I know you defended this before, but I throw my advice here anyway: I would make 1 were a vert and h-flip of 01:17:344 (1), then make 2 an h-flip of the new 1.

Nice map, great music and great work with the hitsounds. *4u
IceBeam
[Normal]
00:10:271 (1) - Anti-jumping might be tricky for beginners.It's Normal,though...So,reduce distance,if you can work something else out.
00:52:260 (3) - Allign with (2)
01:02:348 - Add a clap or some other hitsounds? Sounds a bit rough w/o it.

[Hard]
00:09:999 (2) - Allign.
00:53:487 (5) - It looks just..awful.I suggest you to make a straight vetrical slider 00:53:078 - 00:53:487 and stacked circle at 00:53:623.
01:17:617 (1) - It's a bit close..better increase the distance.

[Insane]
00:09:999 (2,3) - Stack em with 00:08:363 (2,3)?
00:52:260 (3) - Allign better.

Nice map,star~
Topic Starter
Soaprman
oh wow, I come home to three mod posts? That has to be a new record. I'll handle these posts one at a time. (my responses are in blue)

lovhin456 wrote:

Hi ~

General;
- BG must be 1024x768 or 800x600
SPOILER
[attachment=2:b8930]uminekobg.jpg[/attachment:b8930]
Oh, so we're not allowed to take a smaller one and let osu! upsize it? Fair enough. Thanks for doing the work for me here.

- Use this colors
Combo1 : 70,36,134
Combo2 : 247,247,247
Combo3 : 208,4,4
So basically you want the yellow color gone and the others adjusted a wee bit. I remember seeing another color mod another post down so I'll figure out something...

- Add (TV Size) on the title
Follow this viewtopic.php?f=56&t=24443
I thought about it but "TV Size" seems so awkward next to something that, well, isn't on TV. Are game openings subject to "TV size" names too? If they are, I will switch it.

Normal;
- You have some ugly sliders...fix them, curve better the sliders you have, don't overlap notes/slider
I'm actually quite fond of my dumb slider shapes. I'm going to keep them unless they really hinder playability or something.

- Use 1/4 snap divisor
I used the snap divisors I needed to do what I did? Not sure what point you're trying to make here.

- 00:12:725 (1,2,1) >> remove finish
- 00:13:816 >> remove finish, add whistle
I removed the three finishes you pointed out (might be leftover from sloppy mapping or something, idk). I didn't put in the whistle though.

- 00:30:175 >> new combo ??
I think it's more visually appealing as it is now, even if your suggestion lands the combo marker on a white line (which I guess is why you suggested it).

- 00:35:083 >> ugly, do this instead ??
SPOILER
[attachment=1:b8930]stuffff.png[/attachment:b8930]
see above comment about slider shapes.

- 00:41:626 (1,2-1,2) >> Try to make slider points like this
SPOILER
[attachment=0:b8930]stufff _1.png[/attachment:b8930]
how do you even notice something like this, lol

- 00:51:442 (2,3) >> ughh, too curved, looks bad
ok yeah, these could stand a minor decurving at the joint. Also a better stacking.

- 00:54:441 >> kiai time starts here, make a section before this one at 00:54:168, for changing sounds
nah, I don't care for kiai that much.

- 01:07:801 >> you can totally make this look better
I can and I will.

Hard;
- Open AIMod for spacing errors
no thanks.

- 00:34:537 (1,2) >> delete these notes
alright.

- 00:39:173 >> kind of ulgy
see above comment about slider shapes.

- 01:07:801 >> umm, symmetry
I tried my best with this thing. I improved it a bit by turning off grid snap. It's not pixel-perfect but I don't care to work on it anymore.

Insane;
- Well placed notes (timeline) but not really that appealing on the playfield
can't please everyone~

* For all diff, make the last timing section soft
but it's silent so you don't hear sounds anyway? Whatever, I'll take your word on this. :P

* Star ~ :3
Thanks for dropping by!

(one modpost down, two to go!)
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Note: my login to the forum timed out while I was writing this and I don't feel like typing all the responses up again so don't hate me for just saying "yep" a lot lol

0_o wrote:

THIS is the kind of anime music that I like ^_^
I had a feeling this would be sufficiently unkawaiidesu!

Don't be put off by the large post, there are lots of explanations and pictures and such so it's not as bad as it looks :P

[General]
I feel like the combo colours are a little too light and vibrant compared to the song. Lowering the yellow and red colours a few shades fit the mood much better imo. Replacing the white with a dark blue looked pretty nice too (I was never a fan of white hitcircles :U)
I will do something about the colors after I finish other stuff.

[Timing]
While your timing gets notes in the right places, the metronome and snapping is actually incorrect. Assuming the current BPM and offset is correct:
BPM: 73.35333..
Snapping: 1/6
Time signature: 4/4
Tick rate: 3
I'll include the slider speeds to use in the mods of each difficulty.
Be sure of course to go recheck all of your notes after this is done. You'll notice the metronome will sound much better now ^_^
you... music nerd! I fixed this though since it doesn't seem to break anything.

[Normal]
Slider speed: 2.4
00:12:180 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - I'm gonna be a nitpicky music geek here. Since the music splits notes up into groups of three, it doesn't make musical sense to split these into groups of two. Maybe do something like this instead?
yep

00:52:260 (3) - I know from watching my siblings try this game that stacked notes - especially sliders - are tough on newbies since the hitburst obscures the approach circle. Consider unstacking?
yep

00:53:623 (5) - This is an awkward note to hit, to me it plays better merging 4 and 5 into a slider.
yep

00:56:350 (3,4) - Similar to the above, 4 is a little awkward to hit as well. This could be remedied by shortening 3 to end at 00:56:898, then making 4 a slider from the next white tick to where it is now. (this all also applies for the next part like this) I know it kind of messes up the pretty pattern, but I really do think it plays better.
yep

[Hard]
Slider speed: 3.0
00:12:180 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - Same as Normal
yep

00:57:713 (4) - Still a little awkward, but seeing as it's Hard it's not as much of an issue. Feel free to change it if you want though.
left as it is, would break the pattern too much if I changed it

00:59:622 (4) - Spacing from 3. It didn't really throw me off, but it did strike me as odd since everything else in the map is properly distance snapped (from what I could tell).
yep

[Insane]
Slider speed: 3.6 (lucky you, you hit the limit :P)
00:54:714 (2) - This is much uglier than the slider in the other diffs ;_; Maybe try making it look more like this:
yep (not exactly like yours, but as pretty as patience will allow)

00:56:759 (4,5,6,7) - Again with the groups of 3: musically it doesn't make sense to have two groups of 2 here. I would recommend unstacking these and making it a stream. This goes for the rest of 4-note stacks like this as well: either stack them all or unstack them all.
yep

00:57:713 (8) - This is 100% opinion, but I feel like this note would be better if it was lower and to the left of 7. The reason for this is that it follows the pitch of the lyrics, and musically I just feel like the next note being stacked under this one sounds right. But again, this is purely a suggestion; I probably have a higher sensitivity to that kind of stuff than other people do so take of that what you will :P
yep

01:01:257 (1) - Remember to make this a ctrl-h of the previous slider
yep

01:18:435 (1,2,3) -While I did catch this after a playthrough or two, it is pretty hard to catch if you don't know what's coming. I know you defended this before, but I throw my advice here anyway: I would make 1 were a vert and h-flip of 01:17:344 (1), then make 2 an h-flip of the new 1.
I just redid this part. Easier than fixing it.

Nice map, great music and great work with the hitsounds. *4u
Thanks for playing! Onto post 3...
Topic Starter
Soaprman

SadKangaroo wrote:

[Normal]
00:10:271 (1) - Anti-jumping might be tricky for beginners.It's Normal,though...So,reduce distance,if you can work something else out.

00:52:260 (3) - Allign with (2)
I would do this... but they are no longer stacked.

01:02:348 - Add a clap or some other hitsounds? Sounds a bit rough w/o it.
gonna leave this as it is... I have a pair of claps soon after it, don't want to pack it too tight.

[Hard]
00:09:999 (2) - Allign.
alright.

00:53:487 (5) - It looks just..awful.I suggest you to make a straight vetrical slider 00:53:078 - 00:53:487 and stacked circle at 00:53:623.
yeah that slider was kind of dumb looking. I didn't use the straight slider but I did do a slider with a circle under the end like you suggest here.

01:17:617 (1) - It's a bit close..better increase the distance.
alright, yeah. I widened it some by putting 5 beneath 4.

[Insane]
00:09:999 (2,3) - Stack em with 00:08:363 (2,3)?
haha oops, forgot to do this when I messed with this part before. Fixed.

00:52:260 (3) - Allign better.
yep.

Nice map,star~
Thanks for dropping by!

And that's all the posts! Now to actually do the colors and full submit...
Topic Starter
Soaprman
And the full submit is up. I didn't do the (TV size) thing that lovhin456 suggested because I'm not so sure about it. Anyone here know of a precedent for this to be done with game openings?

edit: also adding this in case a BAT wanders by: I NEED THE TITLE SCROLL MOVED TO 13:816.
show more