forum

Wireless Mouse Help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Parasyche
Ive been playing with a wireless mouse for a bit, and sometimes it randomly lags up. just wonderig if im gonna have to suck it up, or can i fix this? ^-^
Mofu kun
this a usb or bluetooth mouse?

also, i would recommend getting a wired mouse, because i used to use a wireless mouse, and i had the same problem. Wired is typically better for gaming.
Topic Starter
Parasyche

MoF10 wrote:

this a usb or bluetooth mouse?

also, i would recommend getting a wired mouse, because i used to use a wireless mouse, and i had the same problem. Wired is typically better for gaming.
i use a usb mouse. xc
DahplA
I'd highly recommend getting a wired mouse. Even a slight bit of lag can mess up your synchronization of your two hands. Getting a wired mouse is* top priority.
El Koko
i play wireless no lag. but wired is 100% no lag so you should get one instead of your wireless.
ZenithPhantasm

DahplA wrote:

I'd highly recommend getting a wired mouse. Even a slight bit of lag can mess up your synchronization of your two hands. Getting a wired mouse it top priority.
This.
shortpotato
maybe ur mouse is running out of battery
otherwise i recommend getting something not wireless i.e tablet :D
leepdesu

El Koko wrote:

wired is 100% no lag

DahplA wrote:

I'd highly recommend getting a wired mouse. Even a slight bit of lag can mess up your synchronization of your two hands. Getting a wired mouse is* top priority.
wired is best this shouldn't be a question
unless you buy a tablet gg
Mofu kun
wireless = lag/latency

you shouldn't be doing gaming without a wired mouse
bigfeh
When going for wireless, you'll either want to spend big bucks to get a really good mouse (I've heard good things about the Steelseries Sensei Wireless, but it sells for a salty 160 US dollars). Wired is the way to go most of the time, though

A tip, and I'm speaking from experience here, is you don't want to have ANYTHING between your mouse and the base (or whatever's connected to the actual computer). You might also want to check the mouse batteries, because old batteries can cause that kind of problem.
Gumpy
My mouse can do wireless, but that's bad so I use it wired :^)
cheezstik
Wireless shouldn't have too noticeable of a delay or lag issues if you have any decent wireless mouse (microsoft / logitech should be fine). That said, why bother with wireless? Even with my laptop, when going for portability, I prefer wired, because I don't really need to take my mouse that far away from the laptop, and the wires don't bother me, I'd rather have wires instead of a tiny usb receiver that's easy to lose.

bigfeh wrote:

(I've heard good things about the Steelseries Sensei Wireless, but it sells for a salty 160 US dollars).
Wouldn't recommend most steelseries mice, or any mouse with a laser sensor for osu (or at all, but apparently pro fps players recommend and like them) as laser = built in acceleration that you can't disable no matter what, and you wouldn't want acceleration in osu.
Athrun
I use a wired mouse. But the wires just make me jump randomly and messes me up :C
Flanster
I've been using wireless for half a year and have no problems with lag/latency on osu! or other games. It all goes down to what you're buying.
bigfeh

cheezstik wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

(I've heard good things about the Steelseries Sensei Wireless, but it sells for a salty 160 US dollars).
Wouldn't recommend most steelseries mice, or any mouse with a laser sensor for osu (or at all, but apparently pro fps players recommend and like them) as laser = built in acceleration that you can't disable no matter what, and you wouldn't want acceleration in osu.
I have a Sensei [RAW] and I can tell you (as is the case with most reviews out there) that the acceleration on this sensor is near nil if you're not using an incredibly low CPI, in which case you shouldn't be using this mouse anyways. I'll have to agree with you on Logitech and Microsoft, though, because they make superb mice.