forum

Clans - A detailed suggestion.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11,204
show more
Doomsday
I guess clans could work pretty well in osu! now, since the player base is pretty large.
second_wave
I was always for fun, but you have to understand that competition is the dynamic that likes most people. If you pay attention, the main global Osu tops and do not find interest in the game, because the ranking system and they tired a bit.

I'm not a global top, but with six billion points I'm a bit disinterested in the game, and that does not happen to me, if not to many people.

Osu can be fun viewed from a competitive standpoint, and at the same time, maintain the interest of the old players for a long time.

The clans, teams or squads, or whatever you call them, are something that would achieve a dynamic much more fun than the current one in Osu, is something to consider.

"I guess clans could work pretty well in osu! now", The perfect phrase to sum up everything I said.
Natteke
I like this idea a lot!
Then we can play clan wars :3
Feno_old

Sakura301 wrote:

Ehh where to start, ppl usually go multiplayer with friends (at least for me) which feels less stressful and more fun, competitivity against random ppl "PvP" is one of the most stressful things for me and having clans just promotes this except in groups, im ok just playing multi against my friends and stuff. I dont like this idea at all
The Clan/Team/Squad would be optional though,if you find it stressful then stay far away from clans xD An alternative is join but you don't need to take part in the competitive side of it. Kinda like if you're in an MMORPG and you hate fighting people,you can just stick to the PvE part and do instances or whatever but can still join a guild and have fun with guild members,that's what I do :D

I personally like the idea,it's definitly interesting to imagine how it'd turn out ^^
MMzz
Just realized Roko could bring back T@ikoM@ster with this. 0w0
Sir Minelli
I have yet to see what peppy thinks about this.

I don't see why not.
ekopret8ks
Somebody should make a poll, clans, squads, teams. Which name do you prefer?
Esupanitix
Do it.
second_wave
Bump for justice.
Hanyuu
great!
Nakata Yuji
The only problem I can see with this is that the top players are going to form their own niche, and all the other clans aren't really going to have much of a chance in these clan battles. But on the other hand, I see tournaments working well, maybe some tournaments having a limit to the total total score of the participating clan members. This could be really fun, and it would move osu! away from rank whoring, which is something I'm done with. Trophies for winning some tournaments could be shown in the profile, which truly will accentuate the player's ability.

Also, I think it would be better called a circle. The clans here aren't so much to wreck ass, but more to form friendships.
Astom
I preffer Guild :3 but Clan or Squad is good too.

SUPPORT :3
Lemon Water_old
I support this idea.
second_wave
Do it
Galkan
Hell's no, I do not want make MMORPG out of this game :roll:
We don't need this.
Natteke

Galkan92 wrote:

No one is asking you to do anything with osu, noob
Galkan

Natteke wrote:

Galkan92 wrote:

No one is asking you to do anything with osu, noob
Okay, special version for you, in other words:

I don't support this. It's as same useless as suggestion about implementing voice chat >.>
rockit_old
I think clan's in osu! (Taiko, CtB) are good coz------------------>more help for newcomer&beginners; more activity; straight matches are funny!

so...why not?
qlum

rockit wrote:

I think clan's in osu! (Taiko, CtB) are good coz------------------>more help for newcomer&beginners; more activity; straight matches are funny!

so...why not?
I never heard any clan helping the newbies in any game, they mostly lough at them.
Shohei Ohtani
In every game, there's a kinda newbie clan (ie. Taiko Beginner Team) that doesn't actually do anything, but just makes it so newer people can go "Make me a sandwhich, I'm in a cool clan."
Nakata Yuji

qlum wrote:

rockit wrote:

so...why not?
I never heard any clan helping the newbies in any game, they mostly lough at them.
You've been playing the wrong games brah
the last 3 mmo's i've played have
Ekaru
I've joined clans that have helped newcomers in freaking Nexon games.

We're talking MapleStory here. Yes, those kinds of clans are in MapleStory. Also, DFO and other games that are known to have stupidity everywhere (DFO is a fun game BTW).

In other words, I agree with Nakata here. There are plenty of clans/guilds that help newer players in many MMOs. osu! has some helpful people on it so there would most likely be some of those here too if it was implemented.
qlum

Ekaru wrote:

I've joined clans that have helped newcomers in freaking Nexon games.

We're talking MapleStory here. Yes, those kinds of clans are in MapleStory. Also, DFO and other games that are known to have stupidity everywhere (DFO is a fun game BTW).

In other words, I agree with Nakata here. There are plenty of clans/guilds that help newer players in many MMOs. osu! has some helpful people on it so there would most likely be some of those here too if it was implemented.
actually I wasn't talking about mmo's. I don't play mmo's because I hate grinding.
Musty
nice idea
My MultiGamingClan purpose too
second_wave
Bump

.... for justice.
lkjl23
Wishy
Anyone read this?
Accelerator-kun
I think clans are a great idea. We don't need new forum sections (but it would be great). It's enough to talk via Skype, Steam, Xfire, TS, etc...
Clan war in Team VS mode would be great.
Mukku

NeverDie wrote:

To think such a great idea that was suggested over a year ago has no sign of being implemented till this day is very saddening.
^

glad theres a potent necromancer to bring this back up!
zertap
I very much approve of this! Great idea, as I have too been hoping for user made groups (like bats, devs, mats etc.) for group stats (a little like bf3 platoons).
Stefan

Ekaru wrote:

I've joined clans that have helped newcomers in freaking Nexon
I stopped to read at this point.
MMO =/= MMORPG
Cho_old
So has there been any word on whether this is even being considered ?
Accelerator-kun
Support. If we can already do a team VS, why we can't use it for clan matches?
Archangel Tirael
I think that the word "clan" is
more suitable for MMORPG,
but not for rhythm game. I
think that for osu! would be
more suitable name "Team"
or "Crew" such as DMT.
vipto
Great idea!! Gogo peppey!

Here, have bump :3
SuzumiyaBR
Good idea

Clan = All Countrys

example : Clan A = Brazil , Japan , Korean , Indonesian ,etc

What's wrong Championships osu?
Country X has only 10 players, where 3 are good>>>>result = bad

Championships Clan ?
Clan A ( members of Brazil , Japan , Korean,etc ) VS Clan B ( indonesia , norway, saudi arabia,etc )

OWWWWW this is really Great idea

The championships will be even more disputed
Sakura
inb4 World War III to decide who gets Cookiezi or White Wolf.
Yarissa
i think it's an okay idea, since it promotes a sense of community. i'd vote if i had stars
Ame-Michi
oh know, i click it! i don't want it~
SuzumiyaBR
My sugestion

Ingame Today

Future with Clan

Clan Pro ( Name of Clan ) + logo + Clan Pro --- 19/100 ( 100 online each clan or 1000 )
+++++ Competitive game
show more