forum

Clans - A detailed suggestion.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11,204
show more
Bobbias

Liiraye wrote:

Jesss wrote:

Despite all the support given, i personally say NO to this.

Why?
Indeed. Peppy's already working on a team system and clans are a proven way to improve the community around a game. StarCraft 2 launched without clans, and that's one of the features people were legitimately angry about not having. I honesty don't get why we don't already have clans, to be honest.
- Marco -
It would be fun with clans :D
Also it can be ranked like contry ranking :D
Hanyuu
wow i think last time i seen this it was 1200 stars or around that
Osyplayer111
this request is dead actually :c
great pity ...
Flanster

DaFlameHaze wrote:

great pity ...
I highly doubt that :P
Osyplayer111

LoliFlan wrote:

DaFlameHaze wrote:

great pity ...
I highly doubt that :P
I hope I'm wrong :c But there are no signs of activity
Bobbias
To be fair, DaFlameHaze, it takes forever for some suggestions to be implemented. I think the main reason this thread is slow is that it's an older thread and almost everything anyone can say has already been discussed.
Osyplayer111
Bobbias , I mean that there is no information about the progress . It looks like "Clans ? Oh , fine ! I will add this feature !" (about 1 year ago) .
Nothing is changed since Peppy added a link with "beta-teams" :c
Blitzelt
i think we should give up about this feature and lock this old thread :p (Half kidding) :D
deadbeat
DaFlameHaze, do remember that osu! is mostly developed and maintained by one person. at a guess, i'd say this is something that will be slowly worked on when there is time to do so
Osyplayer111

deadbeat wrote:

DaFlameHaze, do remember that osu! is mostly developed and maintained by one person. at a guess, i'd say this is something that will be slowly worked on when there is time to do so
Fine ;\
MarioBound
I think we are too small of a community to have clans.
Wait for some time, maybe it can become a reality.
Osyplayer111

MarioBound wrote:

I think we are too small of a community to have clans.
Wait for some time, maybe it can become a reality.

3,366,720 users ... enough i guess .
AVAmaniac
i really want this Request approved by peppy
Mira-san
I really like this idea.
We'll see soon. :D
Sayuki Fujimi
Very interresting!
Deventious
Suggestion, maybe make it so there is clans that work altogether, but they're more so just there for grouping purposes. Inside when people want to compete, they can invite their friends from the clan to do 2v2, 3v3 ect., that way despite the smaller community, people can still make the game more of a social experience instead of just purely on solo performance.
Supported.
Jacqli
you guys never give up are you?
Oinari-sama

Jacqli wrote:

you guys never give up are you?
People are aiming for the star lol aka "9000"

Hmm... I'm gonna make clan Kitsune when this is implemented (if I'm still around that is)
KinkiN
OMG someone gives more than 200 stars. Nice ~
Richard2q2
awesome :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Off topic: How the fuck did this go from 463 stars to 2858 in just over 4 months...? What in the actual fuck O_o...

Thanks for the support!

On Topic:

For what it's worth, the idea of clans/teams in osu! can be implemented much clearly now that the game has gone much further in development then when I suggested AND revised the idea. I suppose additions CAN be made, but my enthusiasm for anything as of late is a bit of lack-luster. Get postin' people.

=Edit=
Going through some posts, I notice the negatives and the people just hanging crap on the idea, but lets get this straight:

1. You clearly didn't read the full post, where I stated it was changed from Clans to Teams, I just couldn't edit the thread title at the time. Please don't tl;dr and then come here and post your shit. You're simply making yourself look even more stupid then you actually are.
2. This isn't an FPS where it's "Scrim me bro" or "Only elite ppl!" crap. The idea was to create more interaction between people. One team of people, 2-4, then meet up and play another team of people and play osu! together. This lessens the barrier around player interaction. The idea is to get more gameplay going and less "I did this score <screenshot>" or "I'm playing this <song>" in #osu and cramming as many specs as possible in, or spamming on the idea to get that. It's to get people to play with you, not watch one person. Please.
3. This won't do anything to the community, unless you spastics make it do something. Calm down. The community has, and will continue to remain, divided. Tablets vs Mouse. Standard vs <mode>. <playstyle> vs <playstyle>. <country> vs <country>. Stop being so melodramatic. You sound like someone who's afraid to change their roll of toilet paper because you're afraid the empty roll will rebel and cause your full rolls to refuse movement.
4. If you're a self centred prick and are going to put your 2 cents in against my comments: I don't check the forums often. As I said, 4 months and a bit was probably the last time I came to the forums, so you're wasting your efforts.
BlueStarYoshi
this is a good idea

+Support
Seikunai
Make this happen, now.
Slith
This could be a great add on to play multiplayer with friends
Jalatiphra
shut up and take my money... mmhh i mean stars :D
Bheaze

qlum wrote:

I think the core community of osu! is a little to small for clans.
I feel this is exactly why we need something like clans
Topic Starter
[Sean]

Bheaze wrote:

qlum wrote:

I think the core community of osu! is a little to small for clans.
I feel this is exactly why we need something like clans
As of this post:
3,497,353 users, 9,726 online now.

I highly doubt the community is much too small for this idea.
Necturion
I love this idea!! :)
Myen_old
Support Stars
VentaroXLolicon
i want have it !
hinaskye
So its been ages since ive looked at osu! forums or played osu!, tho i've slowly came back to beat my friend (who has out-ranked me now).

After reading this feature request (i never knew about this until i saw the star count and wondered o.O wonder what this is about..) it sounds like a really neat idea! +1 support from me!
Abel
so many stars.... please add this
Erotc
This would need to be calculated in a ratio to make it fair that the clan as a whole contributes instead of just 1 player in a clan. That way it can be even?
ILoveChaoFan
I strongly agree. :D
Dznutz
Clan emblems/insignias, or is that too much. Overall, I'm down for this feature. You got my vote 8-)
throny
You got every votes I had left.

This an awesome idea and I would really like to have this implemented.

PLEASE PEPPY <3
Nipok
Very good idea, do it peppy ! pls :((
Choclodous
I want this.
MoGu
Good idea. Support!
show more