forum

Clans - A detailed suggestion.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11,206
show more
Mashley
I hope this never gets added. The community does not need to be divided even more.
KinkiN

Mashley wrote:

I hope this never gets added. The community does not need to be divided even more.
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/teams

Really sorry for breaking up your hope :D
Azer

thelewa wrote:

anyone want to join my elite clan no scrubs allowed

pfft my elite clan is the real elite clan, fite me scrub.
VentaroXLolicon

Otonashi Yuzuru wrote:

Mashley wrote:

Really sorry for breaking up your hope :D

Thats is nice, so in next time its come right ?
Osyplayer111

Mashley wrote:

What are you talking about , bro ? What community ? W-w-what ?
Bariton
star ~
n_n_old
yespls
Saturnalize
I don't think we need clan.

First of all, I don't want to hear clan wars. It's disgusting.

Second, We have regional channel already. There's also game mode channel. Pretend that it's your clan.

Third, in my opinion, having a clan would reduce the area of community friendship, since we're focusing to add friends to clan.

Fourth, there's no profit. Joining a clan in osu! won't make your skills better. It won't produce money to pay peppy.

Aside from that, the community is good enough without clan.
Osyplayer111

Loli Cjj wrote:

I don't think we need clan.

First of all, I don't want to hear clan wars. It's disgusting.

Second, We have regional channel already. There's also game mode channel. Pretend that it's your clan.

Third, in my opinion, having a clan would reduce the area of community friendship, since we're focusing to add friends to clan.

Fourth, there's no profit. Joining a clan in osu! won't make your skills better. It won't produce money to pay peppy.

Aside from that, the community is good enough without clan.
Take a look at the stars amount . It will be added .
deadbeat
it's already underway :p
Saturnalize
okay.png :<
Drace
Interesting, I don't see anything wrong with this. Support~
GoreObsessed

deadbeat wrote:

it's already underway :p
i want it naw
also
>power level
Luso1221
Me gusta
+1
Nokeru
I think it's a nice idea, although I think that bad players (or new players) who want to join a team won't be taken because of being new or bad.
But let's see if this will work :'D.

Off topic: I'm hungry; give me something to eat and a prize for reading all ;_;
TeaNana
Well Maybe it's a good idea. It's Can Motivate People To Become Better For Your Team.
NotEvenDoomMusic
This thread got my attention and some of my votes. It really would be an interesting feature and I would empathize with the idea very much but there are some flaws (which probably many people already pointed out; I'm sorry, I didn't read through the thread thoroughly).

As an example; the chat would be the flooded of [360NOSPIN] or [0ZU] (bad examples, I know) clantags all over the #osu, #lobby or any #country channels.
As much as I like to see those clans growing into good, active and healthy clans and making people more competitive... some are immature and advertising in a spamming-fashion. Meaning, even after they got punished (silenced or whatever) they'll continue doing it. You may think 1 is not so bad... there are some billion people living on this planet and almost 3 million Osu! players, some sharing the same traits as the other. Multiply 1 by approx +1000 and handle the spam they'll cause.
I wouldn't be really happy if I were mod, or any user that likes to chat in #osu or #lobby or whichever channel they're in.

My recommendations would be that the player can choose if they either want the tags to be "On" or "Off" in the Options.

Um... also, is the original poster still active...?
warwolfz
You got my precious support XD
Lunarhiro
God I wish I could vote again ;n;. Not getting any votes to give out though. XD
Pettchanashi
Great idea! Take my 5 stars *-*
Maneuver

Nokeru-Chan wrote:

I think it's a nice idea, although I think that bad players (or new players) who want to join a team won't be taken because of being new or bad.
But let's see if this will work :'D.
Support but also ^, still, new player should join team with new player to improve and have fun, and compete instead of joining the "cookiezi" clan and don't know what to do there, or improve until you can join that team. Don't know about leaving team, TRAITORS those thing..

let's see how this will work out =)
enik
Hope there will be clan channel and a separate F9 tab for clan members to see who's online, it would be so cool, I can't wait.
YunoFanatic
Im sorry but tired of reading post XD but n addition Only Osu!Supporter can only create an clan therefore the clan maybe lessen mini clans..

though this might approves but not very sure!
Graphite Edge
support +1
Abel

YunoFanatic wrote:

Im sorry but tired of reading post XD but n addition Only Osu!Supporter can only create an clan therefore the clan maybe lessen mini clans..

I really dont like the idea of <SUPPORTER ONLY>
its like the supporters have a special power like "OMG im supporter, watch me, im cool and I can create clans" no thanks
I would like that only people with an amount of play count could do it... +40k or +35k....
or +100k /runs
YunoFanatic

Abel wrote:

YunoFanatic wrote:

I really dont like the idea of <SUPPORTER ONLY>
its like the supporters have a special power like "OMG im supporter, watch me, im cool and I can create clans" no thanks
I would like that only people with an amount of play count could do it... +40k or +35k....
or +100k /runs

but thats what its stand for S-U-P-P-O-R-T-E-R btw do you mean there is a maximum amount for clans?
Kagamin3-chan
There shouldn't be a maximum amount for clans, or later groups of users wouldn't be able to make their own clan. Also you shouldn't be able to join more than one clan.

And +10k playcound should be enought to create a clan
Osyplayer111
Up .
Pold
Maybe we should need 2 different things,
* Clans are big and could have features like "clan chat", "clan members" in Online users (F9), but without ranks (i mean clan rankings), no clan tournaments or stuff like that.
* Teams are small and made for competitive play, you could have team games, 1v1 2v2 3v3, team rankings, and all kind of competitive stuff

Good idea, hope to see this some time soon...
(Sorry for my poor English, if noticeable)
Yuzeyun

Abel wrote:

+Let it be all modes counted, then.
- L A U R A -
The playcount stuff is shit... i often play offline (have at least 10k plays offline) to practise streams an singletaps. And so this is stupid, because playcout doesn't say hiw active a player will use the clan. The supporter idea is nice though, because you pay supporter and get a reward like this. :P :) it would'nt be bad for ppy, maybe more people will buy suporter. I'm looking forward to this feature :)
CXu
Then don't create a clan, join one.
KinkiN

CXu wrote:

Then don't create a clan, join one.
nc one

btw i don't see this will be happening anytime soon
Ameko
(´・ω・`)
Jesss
Despite all the support given, i personally say NO to this.
Liiraye

Jesss wrote:

Why?
Bobbias

Liiraye wrote:

Jesss wrote:

Why?
Indeed. Peppy's already working on a team system and clans are a proven way to improve the community around a game. StarCraft 2 launched without clans, and that's one of the features people were legitimately angry about not having. I honesty don't get why we don't already have clans, to be honest.
- Marco -
It would be fun with clans :D
Also it can be ranked like contry ranking :D
Hanyuu
wow i think last time i seen this it was 1200 stars or around that
Osyplayer111
this request is dead actually :c
great pity ...
show more