forum

Highlight an user's messages on chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Hareimu

(Sorry for bad photoshop skills and questionable image quality, lol)

Well, lemme explain. Sometimes, lots of users send messages so fast that the player (you) can't read all the messages quietly, mostly because of bad connection or because of flood.
What I'm suggesting, should you ask? In the image, you can see the cursor pointing to an user's name, and magically, the other usernames get darker, letting the one you pointed with your cursor "highlighted", letting you free to read that user's messages in a more easy manner. Obviously, the image doesn't show it that well, because... huh, it's a mock-up of how can it be, it's not perfect.
So, what do you think?
Sea_Food
I think that its a good idea exept it does not fix the bigger problem. Which is that the person that you try to follow has his post separated in multiple chat windows because the window is so small.

To fix this problem I would enhance your idea that after you keep the cursor on top of the name for like 5 seconds, the other post compleatly fade out and you will only see the post made by that one user right next to each other. Not like it would leave an empty space but the users comments would all come together.
- Marco -
This is great :D also, i like seafood's idea.
FrzR
Interesting. Great idea. =w=)b
Sakura
If you're having a 1 on 1 conversation why not use PM?
Sea_Food

Sakura wrote:

What if you are not having a 1 on 1 and instead want to follow what someone has been saying on #osu
leepdesu

Sea_Food wrote:

Sakura wrote:

What if you are not having a 1 on 1 and instead want to follow what someone has been saying on #osu
I assume this will work for more than 1 person? If so you can follow multiple people's conversation without someone interrupting e.g. "JOIN MY LOBBY" and then mods going "#lobby pls"
Gumpy

Fr33z3R wrote:

Interesting. Great idea. =w=)b
TinyTrail
I like the idea alot, but what about having multiple chat windows that would be convenient.