forum

What type of mechanical switches should i use?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Noobsicle

DevilHachi wrote:

Ask me anything?
why can't you use google? there's even a box next to the osu! logo on the website for your own convenience

it looks like this if you don't know what it looks like

use reds use browns

you can't click fast if your fingers aren't fast, don't be that guy that blames their perfectly working peripherals for their lack of ability

all mechanical keyboards make sounds
Topic Starter
Haven
:lol:

Noobsicle wrote:

DevilHachi wrote:

Ask me anything?
why can't you use google? there's even a box next to the osu! logo on the website for your own convenience

it looks like this if you don't know what it looks like

use reds use browns

you can't click fast if your fingers aren't fast, don't be that guy that blames their perfectly working peripherals for their lack of ability

all mechanical keyboards make sounds
Well, i just did a google search.
Everyone seems to say that " Use reds FFS "
I'll better go use them but ? Some peoples says that you should use Blue's?
Why :)

Wait? You edited and said browns?
Why browns?
Noobsicle
it's a minor difference, red is linear while browns have a bump at the actuation point, but they both have the same key press force (45g / 45cN)
don't bother with blues unless you like typing a lot

i think browns would suit you better for mania, as the bump will give you an indication whether or not you have actuated the key. that being said, it doesn't really matter what you get, you'll get used to either switch soon enough. if you end up playing osu! standard in the future, just get reds

your previous thread had some decent keyboards listed, google them and decide which one you want
Topic Starter
Haven

Noobsicle wrote:

it's a minor difference, red is linear while browns have a bump at the actuation point, but they both have the same key press force (45g / 45cN)

i think browns would suit you better for mania, as the bump will give you an indication whether or not you have actuated the key. that being said, it doesn't really matter what you get, you'll get used to either switch soon enough. if you end up playing osu! standard in the future, just get reds

your previous thread had some decent keyboards listed, google them and decide which one you want
Well, i type alot so may i ask if Browns works good for typing?
Noobsicle
yeah they're great
buny
personal preference, but if you need to know the difference then just google the already thousands of existing guides
Kasiansan
I use black switches for me, but its just because I got use to them, after having to use them for so long. Find a store that sells mechanical keyboards, and give them all a quick keystroke.
Topic Starter
Haven

Noobsicle wrote:

yeah they're great
How about this keyboard?
CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate Brown Switch

Or what Brown switch keyboards would you recommend?
Yuudachi-kun

DevilHachi wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

yeah they're great
How about this keyboard?

This is a good keyboard and I have the one with blues.
Gumpy
any of them.
Noobsicle

DevilHachi wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

yeah they're great
How about this keyboard?

that's fine

i'll recommend anything that isn't razer
Topic Starter
Haven

Noobsicle wrote:

DevilHachi wrote:

that's fine

i'll recommend anything that isn't razer

I hate razer.
I had one before :S
Well, the only thing i like from razer is the razer death adder 2013 edition ( Mice :D )
Topic Starter
Haven
Will this work for osu?

Func KB-460 Mechanical cherry mx blue

Nvm just heard that they suck for gaming.
jasian
Any keyboard with red switches is fine.
Topic Starter
Haven

litejason wrote:

Any keyboard with red switches is fine.
Do you know any keyboard with mx cherry red switches that uses a swedish layout?
Yuudachi-kun

litejason wrote:

Any mechanical keyboard is fine.
ftfy
Sh0keR

DevilHachi wrote:

Noobsicle wrote:

yeah they're great
How about this keyboard?

The thing about brown switches keyboard that it doesn't make the clicking sounds like any other switches, and you said you want to be able to hear the click. ( even though it doesn't matter since you probably won't hear the clicking during the song or notice it enough to make any difference)
I use CM Storm Quickfire Reds, I really enjoy and recommend it, and it takes sometime to get used to but it's worth.
If you really want to know the difference between all of them, google it.
ZenithPhantasm
Steelseries QS1 switch.
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

Reds are better. Whether you know you actuated it or not doesn't matter because in a fast paced game such as mania I doubt you can react in time to correct the error. Red allows for more stamina in the long run.
Green Platinum
Keyboard for Mania D:

Get an FP7-EMP
zwoots
Once you go black you never go back.

:3
Kaysie_old
I suggest red switches - it's what I use and works for me (I'm a speed stepmania and FFR player so...)
Blues if you want more accuracy (don't really recommend), blacks for more stamina. I like speed so... reds for me.
(browns aren't bad.. but just go reds)
Nathan
Any switch is fine, but I don't recommend getting blues if you live with others
woqx

sukiNathan wrote:

I don't recommend getting blues if you live with others
Absolutely agree with this, I use blues and my flatmate couldn't stand when I played osu. The noise is also terribly annoying if you don't have good isolating headphones. Other than that they're great and I don't see why people say they're terrible for gaming, that's just bs in my opinion. It's very subjective since the only difference between the Cherry MX switches is how they feel, their quality is always the same so if you can you should definitely try them all out and then decide for yourself.
Yuudachi-kun

sukiNathan wrote:

Any switch is fine, but I don't recommend getting blues if you live with others
Fuck others
gavin898
If you want the sound on the click, blue switches will do that.
But I personally dont like blue because I feel that there is a delay when multi taping the key at high speed
So I gift away the blueswitch

Brown and red are fine for me
Topic Starter
Haven

Green Platinum wrote:

Keyboard for Mania D:

Get an FP7-EMP
Well, i'd still like a new keyboard for everyday use.
Topic Starter
Haven

zwoots wrote:

Once you go black you never go back.

:3

Legit, I'm watching a video atm and they just mentioned it in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgRMEyC-K2E
At 8:39 xD

Idk how you did that man?
Knit_old_1
Typewriters are pretty nice for osu!.
Infevo

gavin898 wrote:

If you want the sound on the click, blue switches will do that.
But I personally dont like blue because I feel that there is a delay when multi taping the key at high speed
So I gift away the blueswitch

Brown and red are fine for me

blues indeed have a further reset point. i did the same. switched to reds quickly for that reason. though i liked the feedback of blues and the click sounds it was rather distracting as well.