forum

[Archived] BIG Lag on new PC .. Help plz : (((

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kashim-FMP
um first Thing. I'm not good at English ; ( .
So my problem is . Don't now why but i got ~3-5 fps when i go to Full-screen . If i disable full-screen fps goes to ~200-240.
Normally when i play in full-screen i have something like a 1300fps . I don't now what is going on. I've try that function Low-end PC but that doesn't work -__-
My pc:
Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 630 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: DDR3 4GB 1333MHz OCZ Gold (2x2GB, DualDDR, CL9)
Video Card: Gainward NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1GB DDR3
UtsukimiJerry
what the heck. your pc should be able to run osu properly without any lag. I suggest you run an antivirus scan and spyware/malware scan. because it could be something that is disturbing the game.

also your operating system is?
Topic Starter
Kashim-FMP
Im using win7. I've disabled antivirus and it still 4fps -. - Hmm i've checked some other games . Battlefield BC2 is running like always 40fps but Aion is lagging too. Also ive notice that the antialiasing is smoother that always. Maybe something is wrong with graphic drivers? I never changed any thing in NVidia panel. I try to update graphic driver and disable everthing in nvidia panel.
Intermezzo
If updating doesn't work you might want to revert your drivers to 196.21 as the latest ones are having some issues. If you do be sure to uninstall the previous driver first in the control panel.
Topic Starter
Kashim-FMP
um im using Drive Sweeper 2.1 to uninstal drives. I've updated graphic drivers to 197.45 and in NVidia control panel i set Use 3D Application settings. And that works . ^_^ I think the problem was that something was wrong with 3D settings because i always use : Use advanced 3D image settings OR that i always install new drivers without uninstalling old ones. The same thing was in my old pc. But i wasn't trying to fix that. Im thinking about defragm. and stuff. I want to keep my new PC Clean ^.^ Anyway ... Thanks you Guys ; )

PS. Sorry for my bad English xP
bam38320
I got the same problem but on an OLD PC, about, 2000-2002

A COMPAQ,

what can I do ???

Please...
Topic Starter
Kashim-FMP
On my old PC i have GF7600 1GB ram and Athlon XP 2200+ and i have ~200fps. To get that score first i've instaled Registry Booster (there was something like a 300 errors in regisrty O.o) then defr. all hdd update drivers and that all i do. I don't now what pc do you have but osu should run fine if you do that ^ ^
Randy96
Have you tried Open-GL?
HarryHy
Do you have a multiple monitor setup in your system settings?

I have no idea what might cause a large decrease in FPS if you go fullscreen, unless it's trying to put the image onto another screen, or something. (This being, if the suggestions about updating/reverting drivers doesn't help)

Worse comes to worse, unless you have a horrible resolution: you should just play windowed mode if it gives a lot better FPS.
awp
in my experience stuff chugs whenever an external application (or the os itself) does anything with alpha-transparency. First noticed this when Windows Live Messenger updated from the low spec version to the one with semi-transparent alert pop-ups. Slowed my GPU right the fuck down.

On the other hand you could run osu! full screen with task manager running in another window assuming you have another window and monitor CPU usage. Things should run faster when in dedicated full screen if I'm not mistaken.