forum

[osu!mania] Editor: new feature on SV change

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +22
show more
Harbyter

richardfeder wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Is pressing f6 really to big of a deal?
Yes. You have no idea how pain it is. Did you see how many green lines are there?

i doubt he can even map a o!m song with SVs so better ignore.

Btw i support this feature, sometime i map/mod songs with lot of SV and this will be really helpfull .

Bara-
Ohh
Didn't read good xD
I thought it was for applying only
For modding or checking it's very handy

For the mapping part, this has been requested before (that you could easily add hitsound/SV changes)
Edit: t/258503?hilit=+Green+point+editor
CharlisMadCut
This thing looks good ! Have a star ! :D
- Marco -
Yeah \:D/
Gumpy

marcostudios wrote:

Yeah \:D/
peppy
This would be encouraging using excessive sv changes, which isn't something I can see us doing in the default editor.
Kamikaze

peppy wrote:

This would be encouraging using excessive sv changes, which isn't something I can see us doing in the default editor.
In o!m we tend to put loads of sv changes into maps (some maps have over 2k green lines) and it's very fun to play, so why not?
arviejhay
This is YESSSSSSSSSSSS to me
Bara-

baraatje123 wrote:

For the mapping part, this has been requested before (that you could easily add hitsound/SV changes)
Edit: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/258503?hilit ... int+editor
Did anyone of you read this?
arviejhay

baraatje123 wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

i Already did :)

I want that to happen too. :)
LeiN-
just, WOW.
- Nya Pass -

peppy wrote:

I think that niceSV can express rhythm better and make a beatmap diversification。
More important is that i think mapper need that,The default version is not convenient (realy。。
Topic Starter
richardfeder

peppy wrote:

well actually this function serves mainly for pump/jump sight reading effects in Keybeat type rhythm game which
1) doesn't make charts messy at all (actually exactly the opposite);
2) requires a lot of inherit timing points, which is not true for std charts; and
3) is an essential part of the game mode.

The main idea is that this function would simply makes life easier. Instead for encouraging using excessive sv changes, this is in fact a great tool for modders/QATs to recognize/modify excessively used sv change. For those who love sv changes, no matter the editor has this function or not, they spam sv changes anyway, and vice versa: for those who never use sv changes, they don't use it anyway.
Starry-
I actually really like this idea, throwing a few stars~

baraatje123 wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

If something like that would be applied, it definitely wouldn't be within the mania editor.

This request really makes it easy to add SV changes and it seems really convenient if it was implemented in such a way like the original post. And hence, a separate request was made for this convenience (and being in the mania editor itself).

And no it doesn't particularly encourage excessive usage of Slider Velocity changing at all. I'm pretty sure most of the playerbase do not even like excessive SV changes (hence community reactions to smooooch and Monster (DotEXE Remix), so I don't see maps using this feature to abuse Slider Velocity in such a way would not be welcomed. If anything, the implementation of this feature would allow much more ease in editing the SV changes in normal maps (easily adding more SV points inbetween two to smooth it out and make them feel natural).

Really like this idea and I'd like to see it happen.
abraker
Yes please, and looks good too!
O2MasterFX
This is just great!

I suport this but can't support. ._.
Flanster

- Nya Pass - wrote:

peppy wrote:

I think that niceSV can express rhythm better and make a beatmap diversification。
More important is that i think mapper need that,The default version is not convenient (realy。。
Or confuse the player to the point of unplayability, not everyone is an o2jammer.
While I agree that speedchanges makes the map more fun but some speedchanges in maps just ruin it all.
All depends on how they're used.
Topic Starter
richardfeder
Guys,
This is not about speedchanges. This is all about a tool that makes modifying speedchanges much easier ;w;
Bara-
THAT could cause weird/overusage of/missuse of SV changes (according to other people here)
Evanesce
This is an awesome idea, have a vote from me :D
Akihiro
That design looks really convenient.

I don't see why it would encourage abuses though :?:
Before a map gets ranked, it gets checked by a lot of people.

And if someone wants to do stupid stuff, they already have the tools to do so. Just takes more time.

Denying that feature for that reason feels kinda dumb imo.
lenpai
Slightly experienced SV mapper here (even negative ones but that's a different discussion.)

Support! (Weird, I don't have any votes)
This is a defenite must have for smooth and steady SV usages.

As for those who say that SVs will be abused and blah. Maps with crap SVs are very unlikely to be ranked so what's the problem?
Ciyus Miapah
i want this on STD mode >.<
Tanomoshii Nekojou
Oh please. Approve this! :D :D :D
abraker
We need more maps like this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/376358
ovnz
supernecrobump we really need this
arviejhay
Bump! Needing this right now.