forum

Jonathan Coulton - Code Monkey

posted
Total Posts
show more
Echo
You should put a break between 00:54:30 (6) and 01:03:68 (1) in both easy and normal. Other than that both maps look fine.
Topic Starter
bitor
I added the break where Echo mentioned. It's not very long, but it does make a big difference. I also went ahead and made a Hard mode, but it seems I may have made it too hard, since it got listed as Insane. I don't see how I could possible make a harder difficulty for this song, so unless I decide to make the "Normal" difficulty a bit harder, and there are no major bumps in my Hard mode, I'm gonna call this song done.
awp
This map is now officially terrific. It's not just a matter of following the "guidelines" - yeah, it's properly spaced, and properly timed, but your patterns also have exceptional flow. I'm going to see if I can con someone into getting this ranked tonight~

Hoping to see more.
Fraeon
Runk'd.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
What would possess you to think it's good to put the offset that far in? Not only is it way too far in, it's wrong too! >=(

When I tried changing your offset, because it was so late in the song, all the sliders went wonky. So, I found a new, early offset that works much better. Try setting your offset to 660 and go from there. The offset like that is spot-on, but the editor has resnapping/recalc issues.
machol30
This is awesome!! It's very addicting. I gave you a 10 out 10. :) (almost SSH rank'd Hard... )

edit: actually, this is probably the best we have so far on this site, if not one of them. ;)
Topic Starter
bitor
Thanks awp! And thank you too, buraimaster, I'm really flattered. I'll definitely doing more beatmaps in the future now! I'll probably do "Re: Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton next, it's a song about an office worker who's now a zombie, and just wants to eat his co-workers brains, in case you've never heard it.

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

What would possess you to think it's good to put the offset that far in? Not only is it way too far in, it's wrong too! >=(

When I tried changing your offset, because it was so late in the song, all the sliders went wonky. So, I found a new, early offset that works much better. Try setting your offset to 660 and go from there. The offset like that is spot-on, but the editor has resnapping/recalc issues.
Remember, this is my first beatmap so I'm not even sure how most of it works. Heck, I didn't even know I could change the beat snap divisor until I started the Hard difficulty. And it wasn't until a couple play throughs on Hard that I noticed some of the notes, even though I hit them perfectly, weren't coming up as a perfect, so this is probably my problem. It's going to be a hassle to fix this, but I do want this to be perfect so I'll mess with it tomorrow.
peppy
Unranked on request from Hitoshirenu. Offset is wrong. All scores have been deleted.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I figured out why they went wonky-- I have my snap divisor on 1/6. >_>

Anyways, the offset at 660 would completely fix the song! Some of the sliders need to be fixed afterwards, but at that offset? Perfect timing. Once fixed up, it'll be returned to ranked status.
peppy

Hitoshirenu Shourai wrote:

I figured out why they went wonky-- I have my snap divisor on 1/6.
If you mean sliders, this is a bug with the latest public (I'll assume you were using public to mod. Its might be a good idea to use private for modding for now) when your divisor is different to the creator's. This is only noticeable in edit mode - so checking in play mode works fine.
Topic Starter
bitor
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
You forgot to resnap your notes on easy and normal, and you didn't even modify hard. Fix the offset on hard, please, and then use the RENSAP function. Timing > Resnap.
Topic Starter
bitor
Can anyone check to see if it uploaded correctly last week? All the difficulties should be timed right, and resnapped now.
peppy
Hi bitor.

Can you please do a standard submission just once more for this? The normal difficulty isn't updating properly. Once this is done this is ready to be re-ranked.

In other news: *hiring osu! code monkey*
awp
"This job fulfilling in creative way"

What a load of crap
Topic Starter
bitor
It's been days since I last uploaded this beatmap, and it's not ranked yet... Bumping so maybe someone can see.
peppy
Sorry, was too busy to follow this one up.

Ranked
Topic Starter
bitor
That's okay Peppy, I understand. Now to finish my other beatmap.
Dark Deception_old
I was the first one to clear it yesterday. ^-^
IsThisASignoftheEnd
When I download it, hard doesn't come with it. What's wrong here?
moya
Nice map col
Edit: Cool* Sorry fr typo
Shohei Ohtani

bitor wrote:

It's been days since I last uploaded this beatmap, and it's not ranked yet... Bumping so maybe someone can see.
Mapping in 2018