forum

[invalid] Raise max amount of qualified maps allowed per day

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
show more
Bara-
Please
Having to wait for Qualification is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard

But... Removing the half of the BN so the cap isn't reached earlier is like 1000x worse
Why on earth should you punish BN for doing their job?
Sakura
What the hell?
Lust
Lach you know all too well that isn't going to fly in the new system. We are simulating modding v2, where anyone can nominate a beatmap once they reach a certain modder score. It would be unfair to those who hit the score requirement to be demoted. Sure slowing down is always good, but you can't expect 100+ people to slow down/not do anything at the same time.
Sonnyc
Was gonna link a puush, but already something was here lol and lol again haha
Sakura
I guess i'll just get my monthly icons via bubbling instead
neonat

Sakura wrote:

I guess i'll just get my monthly icons via bubbling instead
meii18
For me is better to raise max amount of qualified maps :)
LordRaika

Lust wrote:

Lach you know all too well that isn't going to fly in the new system. We are simulating modding v2, where anyone can nominate a beatmap once they reach a certain modder score. It would be unfair to those who hit the score requirement to be demoted. Sure slowing down is always good, but you can't expect 100+ people to slow down/not do anything at the same time.
agree....
especially what will happen to other mode?
BN here just doing their job...

if what they qualify is really bad, QAT can DQ it and the BN got some punishment, simple and fair isn't it?

so i really agree on raising the cap especially give some other mode a different cap or whatever
Starry-
To be completely honest, I don't specifically think raising the cap will solve our issue because there will be a point where it'll be the exact same, provided we have more mappers and BNs in the future. I believe there has to be a new dynamic in terms of ranking a beatmap and quality control.
Perhaps raising the cap slightly will give us a temporary fix until a new modding system arrives. There definitely needs to be some sort of change, though.
Sakura
More BNs per map to get it qualified?
Sonnyc

Sakura wrote:

More BNs per map to get it qualified?
3 nominates for a qualify will be the best alternative for now imo, and will need a discuss in the RC forum then o.o
Lust
3 nominations for qualify is how things are actually supposed to be in moddingv2 iirc
Lach

Lust wrote:

3 nominations for qualify is how things are actually supposed to be in moddingv2 iirc
If this is already supposed to be a simulation, and that is intended to be part of the new system why isn't this already happening? What we have now is something like running large scale theoretical simulations on your dads old desktop pc, as none of the actual framework for the system is in place (aside from adding a lot of people to the old bat group)

Either cut the size of the team, or raise the map limit and the QAT head count.

Also, is this much of an issue on week days? As I recall, weekends almost always hit the limit.
Lust
A lot of how things are now still linger on old legacy ideas in order for things to transition smoother. I'd agree though, we should be simulating modding v2 more than how we are doing things currently.
Bara-
If it'll become 3 for qualify, how will it be for approved? 4?
Lust, please reply to my pm
Stefan
Something mode-specific needs to be done. Else, that what Starry- wrote:

Starry- wrote:

To be completely honest, I don't specifically think raising the cap will solve our issue because there will be a point where it'll be the exact same, provided we have more mappers and BNs in the future. I believe there has to be a new dynamic in terms of ranking a beatmap and quality control.
Perhaps raising the cap slightly will give us a temporary fix until a new modding system arrives. There definitely needs to be some sort of change, though.
Birdy
first to vote fuck yea
Kibbleru

Sea_Food wrote:

Lach wrote:

Looking at those recently qualified maps, maybe the solution is not to increase the limit, but to slow the fuck down. Either that or remove half the BN.
But thats what i said
its too late to go back now lol. also that would be retarded

also this

neonat wrote:

People now have to wait for the limit reset each day, this is going to lead to a snowball effect and the amount of maps waiting for qualification is just going to keep increasing. This imo isn't going to healthy.
Bara-
/off-topic
I have the feeling all stars here are from BN, right?
I'm on phone, so I can't tell
/me runs
xxdeathx

Starry- wrote:

I lol'd
Eni
How about this: Limit the amount of Nominations an individual BN can use per week/month.

This will make the Nominations worth more and prevent spamming ranks due to punishment if disqualified.
Shiranai
Just quoting this,

Yes, I support the idea!
Idk will be raise up to 10 or 15 slots, but in my opinion 8 slots in a day is kinda too small due too many of BNs now
- Marco -

Project Railgun wrote:

How about this: Limit the amount of Nominations an individual BN can use per week/month.

This will make the Nominations worth more and prevent spamming ranks due to punishment if disqualified.
neonat

Project Railgun wrote:

This limits the BN once again, which shouldn't be the case in the future. If he feels 6 maps deserves nomination and he has a limit of 5, why prevent him, it's his decision. That is akin to limiting the amount of mods a person does.
xxdeathx

Project Railgun wrote:

What's wrong with someone like Sonnyc? He's contributed incredibly to the amount of ranked maps.
Starry-
A limitation like that would just make the BNG Point System redundant, and such a limitation is definitely not the way to go about things anyways.
I'm still keeping to what I said in my previous post, though. p/3842369 Perhaps the new system being 3 nominations for qualify might actually be good, I'm not sure how it will turn out in regard to the situation we have right now.
Lanturn
Apparently as I've been told, the new ModdingV2 will require 3 nominations, why not start now?

If we're trying to imitate this new system, we should already be trying to do 3 nominations for a rank, or at least with this current system, 2 bubbles 1 heart. I don't see the harm in it and it Will help prevent DQs. The only question remains is if the BNs can keep up with the influx of maps we get daily to mod/nominate, but with the new application system coming in march and 100+ BNs already, I don't see this as being a problem.

I'm all for raising the requirements for nomination (2->3 / 3->4/5 (for approval) before raising the max amount of qualified maps. Either or does work for me, but I think the former is the better approach at this stage, considerring what we have in store for us in the future.

we could also apply both even if wanted.

tl;dr I basically just agreed and repeated with what Lust was saying. lol
Lally

baraatje123 wrote:

/off-topic
I have the feeling all stars here are from BN, right?
I'm on phone, so I can't tell
/me runs

not really,fully supporting Starrys idea aswell

if in the case would be 3 you'll go like :

1 BN
2 BN
3 BN

wich would be really nice,but more BNs are needed since the mapper community is huge and trying to do tripple job is hard imo too,but if you see in multiple mapsets you already need more BNs so is already started a little bit the modding v2

ewww
peppy
What the FUCK is a BN?

The 8 map limit is not changing anytime soon. If individuals are spamming ranks then I will limit it to one-per-user-per-day.
Cerulean Veyron
Good idea, ppy! One-per-user-per-day sounds best.
Yangu

peppy wrote:

What the FUCK is a BN?
Beatmap Nominator (New BAT) :P
Lach

peppy wrote:

What the FUCK is a BN?

The 8 map limit is not changing anytime soon. If individuals are spamming ranks then I will limit it to one-per-user-per-day.
The fact that you don't know what the BAT has become is cause for concern.
Lally

Lach wrote:

peppy wrote:

What the FUCK is a BN?

ai...ai...ai.... *sigh*
Kibbleru

Lach wrote:

peppy wrote:

What the FUCK is a BN?

lol

well see how this goes for now.
yes i think the best option for now untill we increase the max is make it 3 BN's per ranked map.
other wise stop adding BNs. because the # of ranked maps will just snowball
captin1
no, it's not one person spamming ranks, it's the fact that the team has expanded massively.
peppy
I can see that.

The limit is still not changing. This limit is one placed and managed by me and is on a separate level of logic to the approval process. Figure out how you will deal with this, but it is not changing for the forseeable future.
Lust
Guess we better start brainstorming how to deal with this, then.