forum

[invalid] Raise max amount of qualified maps allowed per day

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +32
Topic Starter
Ayachi-
As topic, there are more BNs now and 8 slot of qualified maps isn't enough IMO
Maybe raise it to 10 or 12?
Please leave your suggestions
Myxo
Yes Please o3o
Lust
I think this is much needed for a few reasons. I already disclosed some of this in the BNSG but I'll present them again here.

1) As the mapping and modding community grows, the output of qualifiable maps will do the same. As we move towards a more community-centric system, we shouldn't shy away from having more maps qualified each day (shouldn't force a lot of mappers to wait either). More BNs means more maps will be pushed forward.

2) As it stands, those with certain timezones can have their maps qualified faster, as some have to wait until the cap is refreshed. This leads to a cycle of maps being qualified right at the refresh which leaves little room for other maps outside these times.

3) From what I've heard, the QAT is limited with a certain amount of slots due to the cap of 8 maps a day. With a higher cap, we can have more QAT members available to assist and provide valuable insight (even though the selection process is quite rigid).

4) More maps can cycle through the system, allowing more players to enjoy more mapsets at a time. I know that I tend to stalk the qualified/newly ranked maps for things to play.

i propose a cap at 16 perhaps, or maybe 8 maps per mode.
I wonder if modding v2, when it arrives, will have a raised cap/no cap at all. Maybe this will come with the new site?
Suimya
I totally agree with this. They should be raised up imo <3

Since we have more then 100 BNs now ></
Lach
As long as there's enough competent people eligible for QAT, I don't see why not. 12-14 is probably a good area. This would benefit everyone because there's more room for modes other than standard.
Bara-
Shouldn't this belong in Ranking Vriteria?
Lust

baraatje123 wrote:

No, because this is a technical limit as opposed to a rule in the ranking criteria.
Lanturn

baraatje123 wrote:

Loctav told us to post this here.

Anyways, I'm all for this. 12 is a good number, 15 is 105 per week which is about the amount of BNs we have currently, but that might be a bit too much to handle with the current amount of QAT we have. If we double the amount of QATs though, then 15 definitely is an option.
LexiaLovesU
I completely agree the amount is so low and the ranks for the day were gone so quickly

Edit 666 posts hype xD
Sea_Food
The limit exist so that QATs have enough time to go trough every qualified map and unrank them incase they dont fit the ranking criteria. The limit should be raised when we get more HIGHLY ACTIVE QATs and when they reach good enough coordination that different QATs work on specific maps than others, instead of all working on same 5 maps and the other 3 maps going un noticed. The limit should not be raised just because we have 100 or 10 000 BNs.

If there is a problem that the limit is reached too fast then the solution is to get more QATs as i mentioned above or to demote BNs so that there are not too many. The easy way out the OP suggested would just break the system.
Kibbleru
yeah, with the new wave of 22 BN's and the continuously growing mapping community, i think we're going to need this.

yesterday's cap was hit very fast

Sea_Food wrote:

The limit exist so that QATs have enough time to go trough every qualified map and unrank them incase they dont fit the ranking criteria. The limit should be raised when we get more HIGHLY ACTIVE QATs and when they reach good enough coordination that different QATs work on specific maps than others, instead of all working on same 5 maps and the other 3 maps going un noticed. The limit should not be raised just because we have 100 or 10 000 BNs.
imo there are plenty of potential QATs already, anyway the limit and # of QATs should be raised proportionally so as the limit raises so does the # of QATs

anyway the reason we don't have more qats is because the limit isnt that high yet
Bara-

Lust wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Shouldn't this belong in Ranking Criteria?
No, because this is a technical limit as opposed to a rule in the ranking criteria.
Oops, didn't know that xD
But I agree
But then more BN should advance to QAT, so it can get keeped up (like Sea Food said)
Sea_Food

Kibbleru wrote:

anyway the reason we don't have more qats is because the limit isnt that high yet
Shouldnt it go the other way around? You dont want first raise the limit and then realise "bloody hell there are so many qualified maps and the QATs dont have time for all of them we have to get more QATs now"

What you do want is after the QATs feel like "hmm there are plenty enough of us now, with time to spare" then you raise the limit.

Like if the OP was a QAT then this suggestion would be more valid.
Topic Starter
Ayachi-
There won't be any new QATs unless the limit is raised
Sea_Food

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Why?
Topic Starter
Ayachi-
the amount of QAT is capped
BeatofIke
I'm pretty sure that the 8 cap limit was part of the old system?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
xxdeathx
Good idea!
xasuma
I like this idea. 12-14 sounds very reasonable as of now.
Lust

Sea_Food wrote:

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Why?
Not sure ourselves, its just something that has been stated. Read my post for the justifications behind all of this.
Eni
I agree. The cap should be raised in correspondence with the number of BNs. Example:

Given 280 BNs, Cap = Math.round( (280totalBNs / 7daysPerWeek) * 1.0restrictingMultiplier )
Where restrictingMultiplier can be a float if overall growth needs to be lowered (i.e. 0.5 will produce 20 cap, etc.).
Topic Starter
Ayachi-

Sea_Food wrote:

If there is a problem that the limit is reached too fast then the solution is to get more QATs as i mentioned above or to demote BNs so that there are not too many. The easy way out the OP suggested would just break the system.
Why would you demote BNs when no one did something wrong and has negative score
This is modding v2 when the system allows more users to join the BNs
8 maps per day
30 days per month
240 maps per month
2 icons (if no approval maps) per map
480 icons per month
Assume that there will be 240 BNs in the future,
it will be about 2 icons per BN
and that is not enough score for them.
Starry-
Definitely needed as we get more and more people promoted to the BNG.
Only problem is the lack of QATs to compensate for the cap increase, if it was to be implemented, considering that currently QATs are capped and there is no plans to change that soon.
Ozato Fumika
This has to happen
Julie

BeatofIke wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the 8 cap limit was part of the old system?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
^ I think this o.o
Since look at qualify today and yesterday (with counting DQ) already over 8, and no DQ for "amount of qualify per day has reach 8"
Xinely
Yep agree with this idea too ><

I just woke up and wanted to qualify a map but suddenly the system said already full lol
Kibbleru
yeah happened to my map too. lol it now has an icon but cant qualify it
Lally
hope will happen o3o
Rumia-
good point lust.
i think differentiate each specific mode is better. its not fun for other mode player to only rank 1 map per day while std mode has 7.
because autoconvert suck to core
Rakuen
nice...
Minhtam
I support this, but this would be contingent on the schedule of those who actually have to go through every beatmap and check it for quality. We don't want to overwork the guys who volunteer to go through all of the maps - they got their own lives to handle too.
LexiaLovesU

minhtam1638 wrote:

I support this, but this would be contingent on the schedule of those who actually have to go through every beatmap and check it for quality. We don't want to overwork the guys who volunteer to go through all of the maps - they got their own lives to handle too.
There is 17 QATs raising the rank limit up a bit won't hurt and tbh if the rank limit does get raised I would assume that more QATs will be added
Sonnyc
haha someone did made a post xD

More BNs -> More Qualified maps -> More mappers -> More BNs
Cerulean Veyron
I wonder if it'd be maximum 15 due so many TV Size maps getting qualified and going to damage my monitor
Starry-
Hinsvar
Six maps qualified in 5 minutes.

uuuh guys

...And yeah, as everyone can see, maps are getting qualified faster lately, so...
neonat
People now have to wait for the limit reset each day, this is going to lead to a snowball effect and the amount of maps waiting for qualification is just going to keep increasing. This imo isn't going to healthy.
Lach
Looking at those recently qualified maps, maybe the solution is not to increase the limit, but to slow the fuck down. Either that or remove half the BN.
Cerulean Veyron
Wow, what a waste guys. I'll change my mind to redo it maximum 20 maps being qualified each day.
Sea_Food

Lach wrote:

Looking at those recently qualified maps, maybe the solution is not to increase the limit, but to slow the fuck down. Either that or remove half the BN.
But thats what i said
show more