forum

[Archived] Randomly logging out?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sup A Noob

TheCounterrorist wrote:

Just saw this post and I am from singapore too. I agree with the country thing. I just downloaded osu! and don't have a single map. Srsly this must be the country thing. I can't even play except for the one already downloaded
So I'm assuming you can't download a single map?
TheCounterrorist

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

TheCounterrorist wrote:

Just saw this post and I am from singapore too. I agree with the country thing. I just downloaded osu! and don't have a single map. Srsly this must be the country thing. I can't even play except for the one already downloaded
So I'm assuming you can't download a single map?
Yea. Not a single map
Sup A Noob

TheCounterrorist wrote:

Yea. Not a single map
Can I have the problem in detail?
TheCounterrorist
Ok. When i first log on, i come to the start of the forum content page. Then, when i go to the beatmaps section, I look up and see that i am not logged in. Next i try to download it anyway. But they then say that I need to log in, and thus i get transported back to the forum page. Even trying to log on through the bar on top always seem to transport me to the main forum page. I think this only applies to the beat map section as i can still post this

Edit: i just tried again and but when i looked at the top , i saw a different account: xResonate . This is seriously getting glitchy. In fact this reminds me of another game which uses forums too

Edit again: I noticed that xResonate is also in Singapore. This may be because of the whole country thing, as it applies to multiple games
Sup A Noob
What's your ISP? Singnet, Starhub or M1?
TheCounterrorist
I think its singtel.
Sup A Noob
Then I believe it is the ISP problem. We now either call them and hope they fix the problem, or live with it.

I guess it's time to close the thread since the root to the problem is found.
sydwert
I've been getting this problem as well. Firefox and Singtel.
Workaround: download from the beatmap's corresponding forum thread.
UtsukimiJerry
do you guys ever try cleaning your cookies on your browsers? it could help.
TheCounterrorist
To Crimson_SoulZ:Already tried not working,

To sydwert: What do you mean
UtsukimiJerry

TheCounterrorist wrote:

To Crimson_SoulZ:Already tried not working,

To sydwert: What do you mean
what he mean is that you need to go to a beatmap's thread and download from there
sydwert
Don't know why, but the problem seems to have disappeared. Now I'm downloading just fine.
Did somebody file a complaint to Singtel or something?
TheCounterrorist
Tried that did not work
sydwert

TheCounterrorist wrote:

Tried that did not work
It might take a few tries. Reload the thread until you are asked to log in, then once you have, the download should work.
oddysea682
Im also getting this and its really annoying
I use chrome
matthewtck
hi everyone...am from sg too...have this problem all day long.... whenever i try to download beatmaps the thing just tell me login..okay..i login and went back to the page and i am logout again...i am kinda of piss of by this logout thing...
Sup A Noob
I have already confirmed that this is the ISP's problem. The ISP in question happens to be Singnet and the most permanent but possibly ineffective solution would be to barge into their office and tell them to stabalize their internet. I also suspect it might be something to do with the Youth Olympics since the internet connection there is really powerful.

I will check back here months after the Youth Olympic Games. For now, please perform the alternatives, which has been written all over this thread, but for convenience's sake I will type it down again. I might just do a tutorial if I feel like it.

1) Don't click 'Beatmaps'. Click it's subcategories.
2) Don't download beatmaps in their respective downloads page. Go to the beatmap's forum thread.
3) For people with sharper eyes. If you hover your mouse over the beatmap link a group of links will appear below. You can directly download and go to the beatmap's forum thread from there.

Logging out while surfing the forums happens randomly, so there is no way to get around it. Just be sharp and notice when you are logged out.
matthewtck
sometimes...i can't even log in
TheCounterrorist
I tried all the methods but it doesn't work. If there are more methods, pls tell
ste4lth_old
i using singtel also cannot DL beatmap but mine friend can.
*he also using singtel*
matthewtck
then idk le