forum

37 play counts later and counting...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ethoteric
No but seriously. I can barely even get a C. A friggidy diggidy C on a normal play of a song :cry:

Anywhaaaays...YELLUR MY GOOD FELLOW OSU-ERS~!
I'm here to get hand cramps and whatnot along with you guys huehuehue...

Edit: Yeah I just now realized I didn't do a proper introduction. Oops. The name's Emily and I dunno why but I think some of you guys already think I'm a guy, judging by how some of you guys replied to me using "man" and shtuff lol totally understandable. But nah, unfortunately (lol) I'm a girl. Freshly turned 18 this past November and I'm kind of lovin' this whole new adult approach thing my dad is taking since he's been pretty strict throughout my entire child and teenage-hood. I enjoy listening to music (and playing osu of course is an added bonus. duh xD ), watching shows, movies, & anime, eating junk food, hanging with friends as much as I possibly can (since it's rare that I can go out outside of school), skyping to do just about anything with my baebae :P, learning how to drive (sadly but I am getting pretty good at it. still need to work on backing up out of a parking space and braking smoothly so I don't end up tailgating), playing an mmorpg called Rift (taking a little hiatus), and Penny Boarding when I don't feel too lazy and such :p

So yup. Not-so-boring, maybe a little too detailed intro, but better than what I had before 8-)
7ambda
If you're having trouble with normal difficulty, go back to easy difficulty and work on getting a constant high accuracy. After that, switch back to normal. Consistent practice will eventually make you good.

If that doesn't work for you, consider changing your play style. I suggest using the keyboard (x and z keys) to tap notes instead of using the mouse for clicking and dragging. Using the keyboard takes a lot of practice to get the hang of, but it's worth it in the long run.
Topic Starter
Ethoteric

F1r3tar wrote:

If you're having trouble with normal difficulty, go back to easy difficulty and work on getting a constant high accuracy. After that, switch back to normal. Consistent practice will eventually make you good.

If that doesn't work for you, consider changing your play style. I suggest using the keyboard (x and z keys) to tap notes instead of using the mouse for clicking and dragging. Using the keyboard takes a lot of practice to get the hang of, but it's worth it in the long run.
Oh I tried going back to Easy but since it's soooo painstakinglyyyy sloooowwwww, I get frustrated after a couple seconds and end up going back to Normal lol. I'd rather keep practicing with Normal now since I'm kinda sorta getting the hang of things now.

And I've been playing around with different play styles as well. Yeah in the beginning I was using the mouse like you said and that was only just okay for Easy but I find that using a tablet is much better. Thank BuddhaJesus for my tablet being of use now since I can't draw for shiz. Dunno why but I'd rather not use my keyboard..something to do with my left arm's inability to be comfort...yeah.

But thanks for the helpful tips~
Gumpy
uhm play more
welcome too I guess
inflex
Hey bro, welcome!
Like one person told me, there's no way to get better in osu than practice! Practices makes perfect :)
a1l2d3r4e5d6
'sup man! o/

Welcome to the osu! lyfe.

Don't worry man, most ppl are like that at the beginning (I got a D in the tutorial ;~; )
Just keep going for it and you'll eventually git gud.

Just be careful with constant hand cramps. RSI is not a very nice thing to have. :p
inflex

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

'Just be careful with constant hand cramps. RSI is not a very nice thing to have. :p
You scared me ;_; how to avoid?
Topic Starter
Ethoteric

LCS Destiny wrote:

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

'Just be careful with constant hand cramps. RSI is not a very nice thing to have. :p
You scared me ;_; how to avoid?
Yeah seriously lol. I take breaks when needed but since I ragequit a lot, I end up taking more breaks than actually practicing xD
Nathan
Welcome =w=/
Topic Starter
Ethoteric

sukiNathan wrote:

Welcome =w=/
Thank ya ~ lol
Mofu kun
hi

welcome
Topic Starter
Ethoteric

MoF10 wrote:

hi

welcome
Hiya and thank ya~
Fuko's a cutie, isn't she? xD
Eddy EX
Welcome to Oss and remember to take breaks to avoid rage :3
K a r u t a
Welcome to osu!!
If easy for u are to slow, Try using DT.
I agree easy no mod is way to slow.
I constantly use DT and HR on Easy and Normal
and DT on Hard
If u need friends.
Add me lol
I would love new friends. ;) :D :)
Topic Starter
Ethoteric

-Drake- wrote:

Welcome to Oss and remember to take breaks to avoid rage :3
Tyty~ and yeaaah I do that often huehue cx
Topic Starter
Ethoteric

Gold1122 wrote:

Welcome to osu!!
If easy for u are to slow, Try using DT.
I agree easy no mod is way to slow.
I constantly use DT and HR on Easy and Normal
and DT on Hard
If u need friends.
Add me lol
I would love new friends. ;) :D :)
Err...DT? HR? I think I know what you're talkin about with those mods and I'd look it up on osu right now, but I'm heading to school soon lol so I'll check it out later. And I shall add you as a friend too~ :)