forum

Characters you like from anime you hate.

posted
Total Posts
show more
NicoNicoNiii
Wow i read this as Characters you hate from anime you like. There are probably some but cant think anyone in particular.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Lisa from The Sacred Blacksmith (aka: Seiken no Blacksmith)
A Cynical Asian
How about Asa Shigure from Shuffle!?
Shuffle! was just completely awful. One of the few animes I've just completely dropped. >:(
tanteiRE

Green Platinum wrote:

tanteiRE wrote:

Suzuha and Mayuri from Steins;Gate
Celty from Durarara
Nana from Elfen Lied
Thats a bizarre list of anime to hate.
Yeah, I guess. Durarara and Steins;Gate are pretty popular. However, Elfen Lied is undeniably an abomination.
Green Platinum
Never watched Elfen Lied, First ep didn't motivate me to watch it but i always hear good things about it. Interested in hearing why
A Cynical Asian

Green Platinum wrote:

Never watched Elfen Lied, First ep didn't motivate me to watch it but i always hear good things about it. Interested in hearing why
The main character's character development and a good love story that's better than Twilight. But seriously, it's pretty good.
Green Platinum

A Cynical Asian wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

The main character's character development and a good love story that's better than Twilight. But seriously, it's pretty good.
That's the general compliments I hear about EL (Not so sure on better love story than twilight tho) but I am interested in hearing tanteiRE's objections especially since they called it an abomination. Although I think I am more in tune with Cynical's tastes.
NicoNicoNiii
Elfen lied's manga is pretty much a god compared to its anime. Would recommend it be c a us e animr version sucks.
tanteiRE

Green Platinum wrote:

Maybe the good things you've heard about it are actually parts of the manga (or they were said by very shallow minded people). The anime is quite different. (my explanation will be a bit long and is kind of a summary of the anime)
SPOILER
Well, Elfen Lied is basically about an OP psycho girl. She has horns and 4 extra invisible arms that grow out of her back that can pass through anything. You've watched the first episode, her powers are well demonstrated there by killing many people. Many will say those people are not innocent, some will say they deserved it, but I disagree.
Then she crashes, naked, at some "random" dude's home, accompanied by his cousin (whom many fans of the show hate because she gets jealous a lot, but I think she's underrated and is one the nicer characters of the show). However, she is nothing like the girl who only recently murdered many people, she is now barely short of a lovable and stupid puppy.
The plot "progresses", the facility she was kept at sends two supporting characters to capture her. One is this buff military soldier dude who gets badly injured, whom Lucy (the psycho chick) could have easily killed but did not (which is very odd considering she did not hesitate to kill anyone else), the second is person like Lucy (Nana, the only character I sincerely liked), and while Lucy could have easily killed her, Lucy settles for amputating her four limbs. Why she did not settle to kill two people who were after her and decided to kill all the other people beyond me.
Eventually, Nana comes to live with them and is joined by a not very important character who was a victim of child abuse..
Eventually, we find out Lucy is the childhood friend of the "random" dude she crashes with, whose his sister she killed along with many other people, including more children, as a child "incapable" of controlling her own powers.
Shit happens, Lucy fights the organization that kept her and used her for experiments, undoubtedly killing more people, and it becomes ambiguous to whether she survives or not. However, in last few scenes, someone rings the door bell to random dude's home and it's most likely Lucy.
I had several problems with the show. One was the plot holes, including that of which Lucy coincidentally did not kill several people who were of importance to the plot when she easily could have. Another was the fact that the anime portrayed Lucy as an "antihero" when in fact she's either mentally ill, the villain of the story, or both. What Lucy did was unforgivable, and on top of it, she kisses the random dude, all the proof I need she was not even sorry for what she did (a sorry person would have thought they didn't deserve love or anything similar). I've come across people who talked about "redemption," but Lucy did not even redeem herself.
This is why Elfen Lied is an abomination. It is an anime that tries to justify pointless killing. Some of the people Lucy killed may have not been entirely innocent, but as a result of their deaths, their families will grieve. On top of that, it was not even out of self defense. She killed them in cold blood.
Green Platinum
Seems reasonable not sure I believe the manga being god tier though scenario seems pretty generic.
tanteiRE
lol I've actually never read the manga I just know it's different from the anime.
A Cynical Asian

NicoNicoNiii wrote:

Elfen lied's manga is pretty much a god compared to its anime. Would recommend it be c a us e animr version sucks.
You have a point there. But I did sincerely enjoy Elfen Lied as an anime as well, although it may be because Elfen Lied was my first "real" anime I watched.
Athrun

Green Platinum wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Ribbons Almark from Gundam 00
p/3781629/

Is Gundam 00 Good or not?
It just depends on your taste of anime. My taste is all about mecha so it suits me. Anime is 2007.
Green Platinum

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Is Gundam 00 Good or not?
It just depends on your taste of anime. My taste is all about mecha so it suits me. Anime is 2007.
But this thread is about anime you hate.
Athrun

Green Platinum wrote:

But this thread is about anime you hate.[/quote]

I just hate that guy in the anime.
Renevant

NicoNicoNiii wrote:

A friend told me the ending was slaughtered and not worth reading iirc
i could be mixing this up with Deadman wonderland though

i have read neither so idk, should i read elfen lied?

uh OT: Henrietta from The Familar of Zero
Luna

Renevant wrote:

A friend told me the ending was slaughtered and not worth reading iirc
It's the other way around, the Elfen Lied anime completely butchered the manga's ending. The manga is superior in all regards.

Renevant wrote:

i have read neither so idk, should i read elfen lied?
It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but I also don't regret having read it. It tries a bit too hard to be edgy, but if you like that style of manga, go for it.
Renevant

Luna wrote:

It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but I also don't regret having read it. It tries a bit too hard to be edgy, but if you like that style of manga, go for it.
I see, I'll add it to my manga-to-read list and give it a shot.
Thanks!
Navizel
Kotonoha from School Days
Yukihira Furano form Noucome
Uryu Minene from Mirai Nikki
Ruri from Nisekoi
Topic Starter
Pituophis
Hinata from Naruto, The black guy from sao, Lisanna from Fairy tail. potato from shingeki no kyojin.
Hidden-

Pituophis wrote:

Hinata from Naruto<...>
this ^ though I don't want to be too judgmental on a anime I haven't seen much.
Nekolike
takane enomoto from mekakucity actors
DeletedUser_3473174
-
- K a t h -
I like Shana, but I didn't like Shakugan no Shana :/
Charm
Inori from Guilty Crown

Actually liked Mana as well
Cocolites
kurumi from date a live
Apex_old
untitled
Topic Starter
Pituophis
Kongou from KanColle.
pandaBee

Navizel wrote:

Ruri from Nisekoi
If you hated Noucome then you are probably a soulless monster.
Green Platinum

pandaBee wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Ruri from Nisekoi
If you hated Noucome then you are probably a soulless monster.
I don't hate the series but I don't see what's particularly likable about it either. It only has a handful of moments and the second half was a letdown.
LonsdaleMax
Actually a good question.
Kousaka Kirino. I hate this boring little sister.
Kuroneko <3
Takeshi Kida
I hate the Chitoge Kirisaki of Nisekoi, since she entered the anime, was ruining the beautiful couple of Onodera and Raku ;_;
Kibbleru
lilith from trinity seven
Green Platinum

Takeshi Kida wrote:

I hate the Chitoge Kirisaki of Nisekoi, since she entered the anime, was ruining the beautiful couple of Onodera and Raku ;_;
Characters you LIKE, Anime you HATE.

What couple between Onodera and Raku? it's not like either of them would ever take the initiative.
[Superstar]_old
Funny, I would actually say I liked Chitoge but didn't really like Nisekoi xD
Many people here would send me to hell for this; but I dislike Onodera.

Still gonna watch the second season though rip
Green Platinum

[Superstar] wrote:

Funny, I would actually say I liked Chitoge but didn't really like Nisekoi xD
Many people here would send me to hell for this; but I dislike Onodera.

Still gonna watch the second season though rip
People will just "I'm on team X" like they always do
-Nya-

Green Platinum wrote:

[Superstar] wrote:

Funny, I would actually say I liked Chitoge but didn't really like Nisekoi xD Many people here would send me to hell for this; but I dislike Onodera. Still gonna watch the second season though rip
People will just "I'm on team X" like they always do

I'm on no-ones team to be honest. I like all the female characters in nisekoi. I'm just curious to see who Raku's going to end up with.
Asada Shino
Uhhh check my name and picture

I enjoyed the novel far more than the anime and the pacing I felt was just horrible and I dropped it yet still watched little tidbits of it with other people. I think the cave scene spanned 2-3 episodes?
When reading it, it definitely played out better in my mind but hey that's what imagination does (not to mention I can read at my own pace)
-SayaKai

Takeshi Kida wrote:

y u not join their fight.

Akame from Akame ga Kill
[ LJ ]
Roy mustang from Full metal alchemist