forum

Snapping / Aim Practice

posted
Total Posts
show more
deletemyaccount
When you play, just actively try to snap onto each note, even ones with small spacing. You'll find that it eventually becomes very natural to do once maps start to have bigger jumps in quick succession.

As for improving aim, I guess you should probably try to challenge yourself and play maps that are hard but not hard enough to get less than 95% in (or something along those lines).
ZenithPhantasm
Play more.

Play more jump maps.
naliem
Play more. I have problems with snapping, but I'm getting a lot better by playing ar10 (HR) maps like Kyoumei no True Force. But this maps aren't meant for your level, so only play more and more.

PD: jump compilation maps are good.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/287978
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/399016
buny
forcing yourself to snap is detrimental

whether you snap or you flow, it depends on your grip. Snapping is also insanely hard on patterns that are on a linear line, as they require you to completely stop your hand and move again repeatedly, whereas patterns like stars allow you to shift your momentum

which is why stars are the easy patterns in the game
Cookieiz_old_1
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/43714 is fun with dt and jumpy!
CPTW
Not really said yet but smaller circle size also helps improve aim since you're more likely to miss if you're not aiming for centre of circles
sayonara_sekai
edit your favorite jumpy maps to cs4-5 and go crazy
B1rd
yep, linear lines are second only to squares in difficulty. I don't even know if you could call stars patterns, they're indistinguishable from normal jumps.

CPTW wrote:

Not really said yet but smaller circle size also helps improve aim since you're more likely to miss if you're not aiming for centre of circles
what just an inspired observation. you deserve a medal.
ZenithPhantasm
Just slap on HR
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

yep, linear lines are second only to squares in difficulty. I don't even know if you could call stars patterns, they're indistinguishable from normal jumps.

CPTW wrote:

what just an inspired observation. you deserve a medal.
Can you give me an example of a linear line?
B1rd

Kheldragar wrote:

CPTW

B1rd wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

ZenithPhantasm

B1rd wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Well you know, I could've been an annoying cunt and said that a linear line is redundant but okay.
Shakira

B1rd wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

well played. 10/10 dick move :3
buny
how else can you explain a linear line?
linear line patterns are literal linear lines. i am not too sure how it could be any simpler other than drawing the circles on the line
ZenithPhantasm

buny wrote:

linear line patterns are literal linear lines. i am not too sure how it could be any simpler other than drawing the circles on the line
Rekt
Shakira

buny wrote:

that is actually so true lol
Yuudachi-kun

buny wrote:

Yes, draw the circles because I don't know if you're refering to airman/wahrheit type jumps or Nigdy malo or this shit since you're not descriptive at all.
buny

Kheldragar wrote:

buny wrote:

Yes, draw the circles because I don't know if you're refering to airman/wahrheit type jumps or Nigdy malo or this shit since you're not descriptive at all.
they are back and forth jumps, also considered zigzags, there is a difference
Genki1000

Kheldragar wrote:

buny wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2716723
Yuudachi-kun
I thought that was a spaced stream. Now I'm confused.
gh0st-
Snapping helps for aim

HD helps with consistency

When doing shapes look at every note individually, do not see it as a whole shape or bad things will happen.
sayonara_sekai

gh0st- wrote:

When doing shapes look at every note individually, do not see it as a whole shape or bad things will happen.
this is what I do and bad things still happen