forum

The Anime Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I'm surprised that there wasn't one already, seeing as to how just about all of my beatmaps have been from anime. So, let's dedicate this thread to the animated delight that we all know and love!

Seeing as to how I've seen WAY too many anime to list, I'll just name my "Top 5" anime that I love. Not necessarily in that order, though. ^_~

MY TOP 5
One Piece
Bleach
Naruto
Gurren Lagann
Claymore

Anyone else have a similar list? Well then, ADD IT! =D
Motto_old
Only a top five? And no category distinctions? Is this currently watching, or of all time? Oh boy, what to choose ...

And in no particular order other than alphabetical:
Animation Runner Kuromi-Chan
Azumanga Daioh
Black Lagoon
Code Geass
Crest of the Stars
Eureka Seven
FLAG
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Guyver 2006
Heroic Age
Interlude OAV
Kaleido Star
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's
Mahoraba Heartful Days
Mai HiME
Monster
Nodame Cantabile
Noein
Noir
Seirei no Moribito
sola
Starship Operators
The Melancholy of Suzumia Haruhi
Yukikaze Operation

One Peice, Bleach, and Naruto, are standard shounen and aren't really considered my favorites. I do watch them, I just don't expect much from them as the pacing and countless filler episodes gets on my nerves sometimes.

Gurren Lagann was good for the laughs, I mean, by the end SPOILERS: they were chucking galaxies around like throwing stars, lol. END SPOILERS.

I agree with you that Claymore was really good, at least in the beginning. I didn't like how it ended, I felt that it was a real let down.
JacoPOP
I'm not a huge anime watcher, but i can tell i LOVE the studio Gainax series.
Evangelion and Abenobashi are my favourites..

I absolutely fell in love with "Kareshi kanojo no jijō" (I don't know the Eglish translation, i know the italian one but i don't think you care..)
Another classic is Slam Dunk, and Arale.

Anyway i usually watch short series (30 episodes or less) because I easily get bored..
peppy

JacoPOP wrote:

I absolutely fell in love with "Kareshi kanojo no jijō" (I don't know the Eglish translation, i know the italian one but i don't think you care..)
His & Her Circumstances.

Classic and great series :). Although I preferred the first half muchly in comparison to the second.
chan
Did someone say top 5 anime list? I think I have only watched ~5 anime series to completion:

(alphabetically)
Afro Samurai
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Honey & Clover (1)
Kanon
Kogepan
FLCL
Read or Die
Stellvia
and possibly Neon Genesis: Evangelion, not sure if I missed any eps...

Whilst I maintain greater than moderate interest in anime, I'm no diehard fan of it. I happen to miss one or two eps of most series I've watched, but the list is not particularly extensive.
... and Karekano (from what I watched a looooooong time ago) is a pretty cool series
JacoPOP

chan wrote:

FLCL
Oh my god that one is C R A Z Y

peppy wrote:

His & Her Circumstances
Almost the same as the italian translation. I loved it..
You know.. finding myself crying on front of the TV on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE is something peculiar..
I agree, the final part of the story is a bit boring.
Loginer
I watch a little every now and then, mostly on YouTube. I'm currently following a hilarious anime called Genshiken. :lol:
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai

Loginer wrote:

I watch a little every now and then, mostly on YouTube. I'm currently following a hilarious anime called Genshiken. :lol:
I already watched Genshiken. I'm looking forward to watching Genshiken 2. =D
Level-Up!
I like a fair amount of anime, but my favourite anime would have to be Keroro Gunso(u). (The English dubbed name is Sgt. Frog)
kaosblaze
Not-quite-a-top-anime-but-more-like-a-list-of-anime-that-I've-actually-watched...list.
FLCL
Ganketsou
Rizelmine
Death Note
One Piece
Naruto
Shaman King
Bleach
Those Who Hunt Elves

Yyyyyeah. That's about it.
peppy
Ok. This might be a bit excessive but lets go! Following is the list of series I have kept over the years on my ftp. Any series I think I won't rewatch, didn't finish, or finished and thought it was crap doesn't make it on this list. The bold ones are my favourites - series that left an impression on me.

Azumanga Daioh
Aishiteruze Baby
Angelic Layer
AIR TV
Battle Programmer Shirase
Bokura Ga Ita
Card Captor Sakura
Di Gi Charat
Death Note
Ebichu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Full Moon wo Sagashite

Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu
FLCL
Genshiken
Honey & Clover I/II
H2
Ichigo Mashimaro
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Kanon
Kare Kano
Kodomo no Omocha
Love Hina
Love Hina Again
Mahou Senshi LOUIE
Mahou Sensei Negima
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Nadesico
NANA
Photon
Paranoia Agent
Pitaten
Read or Die
Stellvia
School Rumble
Sensei no Ojikan
To Heart
Topic Starter
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Nice, peppy, lots of good ones on there. Though everyone, be thankful that I'm not compiling a list in here of all the anime I've seen. XD
Rod_old
I'm more into manga than anime... but nowadays I'm not really much into any of them, ever since I got a DS. Blame the vg addiction q:

Anyways... Top 5 Anime
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
3. Samurai Champloo
4. Berserk

5. Dunno. (Even though I've watched more than 5 anime series, I don't really recall any who should REALLY deserve this 5th place... Well, but I guess the anime I've most enjoyed, aside from these four, was Kanon Remake)

And Manga... well, there's been so long I've read manga I can't even remember my favourite ones. But the first place would most surely be Naoki Urasawa's Monster.
Turbam!!!
Well, I'm not very big into Anime, I rarely watch it, but I do enjoy the ones that I watch.

My absolute favorite has got to be
Hayate: The Combat Butler

I also enjoy the Devil May Cry one, but then again, I'm biased.
Speaking of being biased, I also enjoy the old Zelda anime.
Kylecito

Turbam!!! wrote:

Well, I'm not very big into Anime, I rarely watch it, but I do enjoy the ones that I watch.

My absolute favorite has got to be
Hayate: The Combat Butler

I also enjoy the Devil May Cry one, but then again, I'm biased.
Speaking of being biased, I also enjoy the old Zelda anime.
is the zelda anime the same as the cartoon thing?

'well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!'

'LIIINK MAH BOOOI'

edit: ok it isn't the same, but here's a bonus video with the most irritating catchphrase ever
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM
Manabeast
Well, I have a folder of 250 gigs of anime. I don't really have a "top 5", but these are the ones I liked enough to re-watch:
GunGrave
Gurren Lagann
Texhnolyze
Serial Experiments Lain
Paranoia Agent
Outlaw Star
Excel Saga
Fate/stay night
Black Lagoon

Right now I'm blazing through some romance comedy to get a taste of the genre. Ouran Highschool wasn't bad, Air made me cry (At the art as well as the story MY GOD HER EYES ARE LOWER THAN HER NOSE), Kannon is eh so far, Clannad I'm liking but I don't see a point.

Series I'm following now:
Clannad
Hayate the COmbat Butler!
Gundam 00
One Piece
Sayonara Zetsoubo Sensei
Neuro (When the hell are those subs coming? I've only seen episode 1 ; ; )
Ivalset

Kylecito wrote:

edit: ok it isn't the same, but here's a bonus video with the most irritating catchphrase ever
I was waiting for him to get stabbed at the end with his kidney stolen.
Homestarrunner
my list is crazy....

• In some random order
Death Note
Ranma 1/2
Case Closed
Yu-yu hakusho
Love Hina
Mahou Sensei Negima
Shaman King
Hikaru No Go (I have a Go board, i'm pretty decent at Go)
and
Inuyasha
Koopser
Hmm.

Well, my favorite anime of all time is One Piece XD

But I also like:

Shaman King
Gintama
Konjiki no Gash Bell
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro (Pretty recent, started this month, I've read the manga before and saw 1 episode, so I know it's good XD)
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
Katekyou(shi) Hitman REBORN!
Death Note
Sexy Commando Gaiden! Sugoyo~ Masaru-san!
Gag Manga Biyori (1 and 2)
Busou Renkin

and hopefully if the rumor is true, Pyuu to fuku! Jaguar will be added into my list (The manga makes me laugh so hard, so I assume that the anime will do the same XD)

90% of my list comes from Shonen Jump XD

Neuro (When the hell are those subs coming? I've only seen episode 1 ; ; )
If we're talking about the same series, I know how you feel! I'm waiting for more episodes!

Hopefully, "NEET Fansubs" will give this series some love, since they already did episode 1, and I have a feeling that they willl sub more ^_^
Holy Hell_old

JacoPOP wrote:

chan wrote:

FLCL
Oh my god that one is C R A Z Y
FLCL is actually an incredibly decent coming of age story, though I wouldn't call it completely crazy. I actually thought Abenobashi told a similar story far better than it, anyways.

Back to the topic on hand, I couldn't honestly decide. I've seen such a vast amount I couldn't even begin. I'll simply state what I watched last season that I really loved:

Dennou Coil, Gurren Lagann, Higurashi Kai, Code Geass (thought the story-telling fluctuated in terms of quality-- very all over the place), Lovely Complex, Hayate no Gotoku, and Zetsubou Sensei are the first that come to mind. This current season I'm watching...

Genshiken season two, Neuro, Kaiji (because I loved Akagi), CLANNAD (for some reason), Gundam 00, Shion no Ou, Blue Drops, ef, and Higurashi Kai with Hayate no Gotoku, those final two carrying over from last season.
awp
I myself am a bit picky when it comes to anime. I'm not a fan of the template save-the-world never-ending types, myself. Top five would have to be

1 - Death Note
2 - Serial Experiments LAIN
3 - Chrno Crusade
4 - Trigun
5 - Texhnolyze oops no
EDIT:
5 - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi - Romantic-Comedy-LAIN or not, it was enjoyable and had Phoenix Wright references in it

Right now I'm watching Makai Senki Disgaea - a lot of the humour in it is just poorly regurgitated from the game, but unlike most animes based on videogames (as rare as that is) this one actually stays true to the series. I find the english vocals a lot better than the JP in Disgaea, which is the opposite of customary, but it hasn't been 'dubbed' yet so JP it is.

Keroro Gunsou would have been up there, but...It was fantastic for the first 12 or so episodes, and then went downhill.
Manabeast
As far as Bildungsromans go, you really can't beat Gurren Lagann. I mean, sure, FLCL is about growing up (Or not growing up until you need to), but Gurren Lagann is about the smallest robot a human could fit in becoming the biggest robot ever created. Along with a kid going from whiny scaredy-cat to Captain GARlock.

Also, zomg someone else actually saw Texhnolyze.
awp

Manabeast wrote:

Also, zomg someone else actually saw Texhnolyze.
You and I are cool. I thought we had established this already >=O
[deleted user]
my top 5 animes (in no particular order) are: serial experiments lain, texhnolyze, ergo proxy, armitage III, and death note
I am cool now too ok ;) ;) ;)
Beginner_old
the anime i watch are bleach, naruto, deathnote, devil may cry (a little), chobits, tales of symphonia (arent much eps.)
and some other but not that i was rlly intrested. i did like the anime movie from FF7
show more