forum

Followpoints and AR10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MiloSx7
I really want to get better at HR and the first thing i want to get used to is the approach rate.
I was practicing HR for more than a month now. I can't say I haven't made a SINGLE move or improved at all. I did. I'm able to FC 4.5* stars songs (4.3 w/o HR)
One thing that made me think a lot about it is the actual follow point. It appears before the circle does, therefore I'm not focusing on the circle but on the follow point line, which left some really bad habits like not looking at each circle, I was just looking at the center and somehow mashing my way through the song.
I disabled it. Played 2 days, really really hard, 4-5 hours HR AR10 only. Right now, it appears much slower than it did before, my aim and reading in general improved. I put back my follow point in my skin and looks like the bad habits I had partly disappeared...
I want to perfect it. Does follow point has anything to do with reacting? It eases it up, I guess turning it off would make you react better since you have to look at the whole screen and each and every circle instead of just relying on the follow point line completely, like I did. Is that even a bad thing? Do you have your tips?

Aye thanks for the tips in advance
koromo
I used to play with follow points before, learned and played HR like that for over a year until I decided to get rid of them on a whim back in January last year. AR10 was indeed harder to read right after removing them, but it wasn't anything too bad, got used to it in a week.

There is nothing wrong about relying on follow points a little bit, but you will need to learn to actually read the AR and not just the follow points if you want to get good at HR.
cheezstik
I was in a very similar situation, I'd already somewhat developed accuracy enough to keep up with OD9.8+, so AR10 became the hard part of HR for me. A couple months of casually playing HR, and I still couldn't read AR10. Someone gave me the advice to remove followpoints to help get used to it faster, so then I played maps with complex patterns at AR10 and no followpoints and after a couple days, I seemed much more used to it and I enabled followpoints again. I definitely think disabling followpoints helps you learn AR10.

With followpoints on, I can even keep up with AR10.8 somewhat, I've done a couple AR10.8 FCs in the past couple of days with reasonably low tries, and little use of memory. Of course just like anyone else I can't read it, but my reaction time has at least improved enough to play at that AR somewhat.
buny
follow points only help if you initially have trouble reading that map
ZenithPhantasm

buny wrote:

follow points only help if you initially have trouble reading that map
Topic Starter
MiloSx7
All right, i disabled them and I will be practicing without them until I can play AR10 with ease