forum

[invalid] Option to Hide Unavailable Beatmaps from Search

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MandyJS
I've tried searching the forums, so hopefully this hasn't been requested in another thread, but I would really love it if there was a new option added to the beatmap search (the ingame search is where I was having this problem, but this could be true for the site as well) which would remove any beatmaps that are no longer available for download.

I realize that these maps must be taken down when companies claim the copyright, but when I'm looking for new songs to play, it's very disappointing to try to download them, only for them to say "This download is no longer available." It's happening more and more lately.

So please, can you add an option to filter these unavailable beatmaps out so that only songs which are downloadable will show up in the search results?

Maybe this could be added as a new option in the dropdown box:

Display: All
Ranked
Ranked (Available)
Ranked (Played)
Qualified
Pending/Help
Graveyard

Thanks!
peppy
osu!direct hides them.

And no, it's not happening "more and more" for what it's worth. I will not be hiding results from web search.
Topic Starter
MandyJS
Thanks for the reply :)

Please could you tell me the steps for hiding them in Osu!direct, because that's exactly what I was looking for, since this is where I'm facing this issue?
peppy
This may be a recent regression due to the search backend changes I've been working on. I'll look into it.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix unavailable downloads appearing in osu!direct results. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150203.7.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Topic Starter
MandyJS
Awesome! I just tried it and it all seems to be working perfectly. Thanks so much for this speedy fix!