forum

PP stages, how I see it

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cocaine dog
Hello, a lot of people like myself want to rank up as fast as possible and here is what I've seen while ranking in this game:

Phase 1: Just starting out, playing whatever suits you or gets you to play more, looking for challenges.
Phase 2: Wanting to pass insane maps or certain ar=8-10 maps, reaching for the grinding phase.
Phase 3: I feel like people will do everything from this point differently, but I just
farmed ar=9 tv size maps and a few longer, improving aim, accuracy and streaming. This got me to around 2400pp.
Phase 4: "The jump" When I started out playing "easy" ar=8 +DT I ranked up soo fast which equals wanting to play more.. This will continue to about 3500pp.
Phase 5: I am personally here, this is where you try to get the HR (+HD?) scores 200-270pp or good nomod fc's, and practice everything HR can give you. This will of course like everything else help you in the future. Around here you might also pass maps like The Quick Brown Fox or certain hard unranked maps.
Phase 6; For the PP! At this point you're probably at 4200pp and you just do whatever you can to have fun, gain pp and improve.
The extreme ar=8 songs 270-310pp for PP, ar 10.3 pass for fun or some intense unranked maps most players can't pass.
Phase 7: Congrats you're probably within rank 100 getting top 50 scores on extremely difficult maps and your effort and retrying has paid off in whatever you feel or gain for it :)

This is my view on it, some people do it extremely different and some very similar. I could add more for the beginner phases but I feel like that is different from person to person. Last 2 I have no experience with so correct me if you'd like.

Hope this helps anyone in any way! :P
E m i

Cocaine dog wrote:

ar=8 songs 270-310pp for PP
?
also, od9 is the best pp
Nub1
I stopped in phase 4 ):

I cant even DT
jesse1412
IDK man I've been transitioning from stag 6 to 7 for about 3 years, also skipped the hr stage.
YamiHikari
Guess I'm only in Phase 3..
silmarilen
im still in phase 4 and i have 4700pp already
Yuudachi-kun
What about the nomods stages. :(
Kwonaiden
Where is the stage where you get a thrill when you wanna just fc songs that are challenging to you and get a kick from the nerves and adrenaline rush when you get to the final moments of the fc and dont give a chit about mods or rank?
E m i

Kwonaiden wrote:

Where is the stage where you get a thrill when you wanna just fc songs that are challenging to you and get a kick from the nerves and adrenaline rush when you get to the final moments of the fc and dont give a chit about mods or rank?
this approach can apply to any of the stages listed in the OP
it's pretty fun :D
B1rd
from noob to top 100 in 7 easy steps
-sev
Where's the stage where I'll have to schedule a visit to the doctor due to right hand pain?

I guess it's before the ar8+ dt stage for me.
buny

jesus1412 wrote:

IDK man I've been transitioning from stag 6 to 7 for about 3 years, also skipped the hr stage.
well, according to this stage 6 is the only stage you're allowed to have fun

top50 is easy, if you're in the top 100 then i hope you're getting in the top 10 of "extremely difficult maps" because top50 on those hard maps isn't a feat at all when you're a double digit rank
but then again it really depends on the map
Rio-
I'm between phase 6 & 7 by pp amount, but still struggling with phase 5...
Vuelo Eluko
phase 7 in my head
probably 4 in reality, although i still play quite a bit of nomod especially lately
7ambda
I feel like I'm at semi phase two. All I want to do is develop a really fast, accurate reading and clicking speed.
E m i

F1r3tar wrote:

I feel like I'm at semi phase two. All I want to do is develop a really fast, accurate reading and clicking speed.
i know, gotta go fast 8-)
Topic Starter
Cocaine dog

Kwonaiden wrote:

This is for gaining PP though, inbetween here you will and can of course play whatever you feel like doing for fun.

Kheldragar wrote:

What about the nomods stages. :(
I feel like FCing nomod maps doesn't give close to the same amount of PP as with mods, atleast not as "easy". It's more for fun or catching up with friends or w/e with easier maps that give smaller amounts of PP. ( I do this if you look at my top scores :) )
Also the TV-size phase is nomod though.

buny wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

well, according to this stage 6 is the only stage you're allowed to have fun
Once again, this is purely for PP. Everyone likes to play fun maps sometimes and they will. Everything is practice in this game :D
zwoots
<1000 PP - beginner
1000 PP - shit
2000 PP - bad
3000 PP - mediocre
4000 PP - half decent
5000 PP - decent
6000 PP - pretty okay
7000 PP - good
B1rd

zwoots wrote:

<1000 PP - beginner
1000 PP - shit
2000 PP - bad
3000 PP - mediocre
4000 PP - half decent
5000 PP - decent
6000 PP - pretty okay
7000 PP - good
actually pretty accurate.
yiingzk
my acc worst i cant even hr or hd and i focus in ar8 + dt . IM DT LOVER , thats why i stop improving T^T .
show more