forum

Hit circle effects

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
Alright, I've seen a few skins on youtube that have like a "watermark" effect on hit circle.

My skin has an effect that makes the circle bigger and shade over time fast. I just find this can mess things up, confuse and stuff.

Just would like to remove the effect, so when I hit a circle it just disappear from the screen and nothing more. Any ideas or you guys know if its possible and what file I have to modify?
Fatal3ty
lighting.png (delete 300er? > hit300.png and hit300k.png) simply make a transparent. Then there is also no longer distracted. :D

And the Hitcircle who click at a slightly enlarged and immediately disappears, you can not remove it, unfortunately. Remove it only works if you make the Hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png transparent. Then you have the default-0.png to default-9.png make a Hitcircle.

Cons: no color combo and combo numbers not worked over 9 :)
Advantage: effect is gone :)

Personally, I would not recommend it. Take prefer the first above what I have written.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
I'm trying to understand you but its kind of hard :(

My lightning.png is a very small dot in middle of screen (I don't know the use for this file)

300 and 300k is transparent.

hitcircleoverlay and hitcircle are OK for nice view of the skin.

So, what can I do ?

Here is the link for my skin if you want to take a look (its mostly nikov5 with some modifications for more clear view) https://mega.co.nz/#!HAZXGBgY!arg4T7Ngi1Zs5f1PRw9E1-8aj5ZuIL8tAWPXXcc-bqY
Fatal3ty
I cant download with mega.co. Upload with dropbox, mediafire or puu.sh please :?

Screenshot have since passed it to look at your problem.

Did you lighting.png also made transparent?
Haskorion
Just disable Hitlighting in the options:
incelost
My lightning.png is a very small dot in middle of screen (I don't know the use for this file)
Its explained inside the skinning-tutorial:

Basically you lighting.png s colours will be multiplyed with the current combo-colour and pop up after you activated hitobjects. To see this effect, you will need to enable Hitlighting in the options.

If you dont your hitcircles to fade out, the only way I know is described here (first method).
(Maybe there is some versioning-stuff too, idk).

Please use the skinning-support-thread next time.
Topic Starter
pingal1ty
Meh too much technical details, I just want to delete the effect, is it that hard? :<

Btw the lightning effect is disabled in my osu options.

I play all maps by default without video or storyboard. and 100% dark background.

The only thing it annoy me is the note not instadisappearing and showing that fade effect.

I saw on youtube an effect that is even worst because is like a watermark and really distracts you, so if this can be tunned, probably can be removed aswell.

I tried to read that thread but it also talks about sliders, and I'm not talking about sliders but single notes.

Any ideas or files around to help me with it?

PS : Mediafire link here https://www.mediafire.com/?obgvxmyt7engg1q
Fatal3ty
This effect can not be removed except how to make my description Hitcircles transparent and defaults to make a Circle unfortunately. That's all it is. I was disturbed nothing, since it anyway disappears very quickly. :(

Example and no fade: http://youtu.be/Q3bk4SqZ6KA

Your skin until I look tonight and where your problem lies. :?

Edit: Your Hitcircle and Hitcircleoverlay is Peppy Standard. Take the darker or a little transparente Hitcircle frame and find it less. :)
osanai
anyone know how to modified hit circle kamui skin to looked like the new reimu one? same color, just deeper and more transparent...

looked really nice..
yanQQ

osanai wrote:

anyone know how to modified hit circle kamui skin to looked like the new reimu one? same color, just deeper and more transparent...

looked really nice..
Make another topic..
jaraid

Fatal3ty wrote:

lighting.png (delete 300er? > hit300.png and hit300k.png) simply make a transparent. Then there is also no longer distracted. :D

And the Hitcircle who click at a slightly enlarged and immediately disappears, you can not remove it, unfortunately. Remove it only works if you make the Hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png transparent. Then you have the default-0.png to default-9.png make a Hitcircle.

Cons: no color combo and combo numbers not worked over 9 :)
Advantage: effect is gone :)

Personally, I would not recommend it. Take prefer the first above what I have written.

i already tried it,it still wont turn off
Zelzatter Zero
This is a 5-year-old thread...

Also this thread is NOT relevant to your problem as you asked in another thread about turning off hit lighting, while this thread here discuss how to disable hit animation.

Please, read the whole thread instead of bumping threads like this.