forum

[added] New beatmap category for good unrankable mapsets

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12,918
show more
Hexas
Yes Please!
Kynan
3000 votes in 4 days gg
Yauxo

marcostudios wrote:

inb4 invalid
The pain would be real.

This is probably the fastest star-growth Ive seen. Peppy, input pls
Chirimu-Chan
That would be... darn that writing stuff

Take my Mone....eeh Stars!
sullyjhf
oh baby a triple

anyway this is a super super good idea have all my stars
Celleste

Default wrote:

blourgh wrote:

Would they even have to code a completely new system? I feel like they could just rank those maps but make them give 0 pp like tag4 maps.
Idk, that would be quite confusing, especially if somebody fc'ed a map without knowing it gives no pp
Then all we'll need is a popup message on the corner saying something like "this map is an unranked map. You will not get any pp by playing it."
sirusi
I support this.
But you can't simply put a leaderboard on every single submitted map (or you can?).
There must be some selection system.

Anyway 4 days already 3400 stars wow.
People are throwing every star they have, what if this is moved to invalid?
Comet
Threw 2 stars on, this needs to be a bloody thing.

Also it likely got at least half the stars because good ol' Captain Jacky (CookEasy) decided to post about it on reddit
Timorisu

VMzOlliver wrote:

I support this.
But you can't simply put a leaderboard on every single submitted map (or you can?).
R E A D T H E T H R E A D
Granger

Lanturn wrote:

te-te-te-te-tewi~
I wonder how the scoreboard on the DtB would work, since the goal is to get no points... the scoreboard would show the worst plays.

Also: Wtf stars. O_O Last time i checked this it was at like 10 stars...
- Marco -

Granger wrote:

Lanturn wrote:

te-te-te-te-tewi~
I wonder how the scoreboard on the DtB would work, since the goal is to get no points... the scoreboard would show the worst plays.

Also: Wtf stars. O_O Last time i checked this it was at like 10 stars...
Magic :D
peppy
Basically what you're saying is bring back the old "approved" system, for those who have been around long enough to remember it.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_4329079

peppy wrote:

Basically what you're saying is bring back the old "approved" system, for those who have been around long enough to remember it.
Yup, I didn't know it used to be like that until yesterday. I came quite late to osu :)
semantics
Infeh
Supooort all the way!!!
Kris-
Didn't read through the thread, but if this is going to be a different classification of beatmap, perhaps an idea for this category's way to determine a map deserves approved status:

Any player who can pass the map with a B or higher can vote, once a map reaches X number of votes (1000? Not good with values), it becomes "approved".
Sea_Food

Kris19642 wrote:

Didn't read through the thread, but if this is going to be a different classification of beatmap, perhaps an idea for this category's way to determine a map deserves approved status:

Any player who can pass the map with a B or higher can vote, once a map reaches X number of votes (1000? Not good with values), it becomes "approved".
Yeah you really are not good with values. With that kind of requirement it wpuld be almost impossible for any map to ever reach it
Bauxe

Kris19642 wrote:

That's pretty much saying only easy unranked maps will be able to get the leaderboard.

I see this more as a way to add more competition between higher ranks, since it gives them harder maps to compete on.
Geo
Nakano Itsuki
I personally love this idea so much. (Too bad I have no stars)

One thing though, (I dunno if I missed or not)
How do people tell the difference between unranked maps that are going for rank, and those who are mapped for graveyard?

I think it would be nice to have a new category in BSS, where apart from Pending, WIP, another should be added like, "Gimmick" or something like that.

(If I missed anyone posting about this, my apologies)
Fullerene-
Last time I checked this had 0 stars.

The fuck?

Support this anyway, though I'm not too sure what the criteria would be for other game modes to fit under this
saiyuri
time to see who is the true master of true truly love :o
Yarissa
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN oh my god please

I want to buy like 4 years of supporter just to give this stars but I'm broke
Bara-
WTH happened with all these stars?
This'll surpass 10.000 in no-time
CookEasy
This better happens or the use of stars was useless 7k stars have no effect... D:
blahpy
So is the point of this to have leaderboards on completed unranked maps, or does it include all the awful/unfinished/duplicate ones?

If it doesn't then I guess I support this idea
Bara-
Blahpy, please read the whole thread

maybe my maps can now finally get ranked xD
LoGo
Supporting, don't see how this can harm anything, except if all maps get scoreboard and people start submitting empty maps, but that shouldn't happen if people who allow scoreboard have common sense.
Gumpy
wow 6700+ in 5 days
Winek
supportingg this
i was actually planning to do one of those thread some day...
you got me first
JappyBabes
tbh having scoreboards on ALL submitted maps would be nice, i know there are other games that handle it this way but old approval system is next best thing
Okoratu
As modding and ranking should be more community driven and we actively work towards moddingv2, i think it would be appropriate to have players who can pass the map vote if they think it should go into this category
Yauxo

Okoratu wrote:

As modding and ranking should be more community driven and we actively work towards moddingv2, i think it would be appropriate to have players who can pass the map vote if they think it should go into this category
TAG4 though
Shirai Kuroko
Best.Idea.I.Have.Ever.Seen upvoted 2 times!I hope peppy will add this to the game!
iiyo
did somebody say eighto ranking?
Lach
Isn't this what approval was for before it changed to >6 minutes? I can't be bothered reading the thread, but holy shit that's a lot of stars.

I suppose I should chip in. If this happens it can't be for just "LMAO MY AR10 MAP IS MY FIRST MAP EVER PLZ PLAY HATUNE MIKU MY ROOM FOR PONY", but genuine maps which are designed in a way to be weird and awesome, not just difficult. Some examples would be <insert sprosive maps here>.

Currently, "approval" maps just get a heart instead of a flame, and have for almost a year now. In that time, the category has stood dormant with a few random song compilations as the first thing people see. I honestly think it's time to change that and get some truly awe-inspiring weird shit their own scoreboard.

More stuff like Evanescent. More TAG. THIS. And a little Graces of Heaven for good measure.

edit: hakkyo, overjoy, and ln spaghetti nonsense too as long as it has actual interesting stuff. I'm sure there's a few people who have read this already who would love to just go ham with bpm multiplication.
Malte

JappyBabes wrote:

tbh having scoreboards on ALL submitted maps would be nice, i know there are other games that handle it this way but old approval system is next best thing
My opinion
Lust

Lach wrote:

Isn't this what approval was for before it changed to >6 minutes? I can't be bothered reading the thread, but holy shit that's a lot of stars.

I suppose I should chip in. If this happens it can't be for just "LMAO MY AR10 MAP IS MY FIRST MAP EVER PLZ PLAY HATUNE MIKU MY ROOM FOR PONY", but genuine maps which are designed in a way to be weird and awesome, not just difficult. Some examples would be <insert sprosive maps here>.

Currently, "approval" maps just get a heart instead of a flame, and have for almost a year now. In that time, the category has stood dormant with a few random song compilations as the first thing people see. I honestly think it's time to change that and get some truly awe-inspiring weird shit their own scoreboard.

More stuff like Evanescent. More TAG. And a little Graces of Heaven for good measure.
If Lach agrees with this, then so do I.
Kuon
Do it for her peppy-sama!
DoKito
Whatever you guys make with this idea... Please DON'T make it that you have to search for 1000 mods before getting a "gimmick map" "ranked" :c
show more