forum

[Archived] constant crashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
julchiar
Problem Details:

My game crashes randomly (instantly or after up to 2 minutes) whenever I'm not in fullscreen mode.

crash log
System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present(tagRECT* pSource, tagRECT* pDest, HWND__* hOverride)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Present()
at #tb.#Jb.#mu()
at #tb.#zb.#9s()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)
Ayatamii
same
Kyonko Hizara
This thread redirects to other threads with similar issues as yourself.
Topic Starter
julchiar

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

This thread redirects to other threads with similar issues as yourself.

Thanks for the link. After some further testing it seems to only crash when the fps counter reaches a certain value, limiting it fixed it. I recently turned off windows aero which is probably the reason this is an issue now (ah I wish the editor supported fullscreen mode~).

Any way to limit the fps at a certain custom value (say 480)? I think I saw someone do it before but never managed to find out how.
Kyonko Hizara
I do not believe there is a way to set custom FPS. There are no options in the game to do such. The person may have done it from the config file, but I would not recommend that if that is the case.
VeilStar
To set a custom frame limiter edit the "osu!.username.cfg" file and find the "CustomFrameLimit" line, change the value to whatever you want.
Then toggle the framelimiter in-game.
TheVileOne
My guess is your graphics card bugs out when it has to render so many frames.

What model do you use?
Topic Starter
julchiar
nvidia geforce gt 635m