ThatSonofaMitch and Stormwolf feat. Chichi and MictheMicroph

posted
Total Posts
28
show more
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

_Unreality_ wrote:

Привет. ;);)Привет. Я уже терял надежду получить что-то из #modhelp, не говоря уже о том, что совершенно не ждал мода русском.. :3


[Normal Diff]

02:40:454 (5,6) - Добавь круг. Седьмое комбо сдвинь вниз чтобы стака небыло. Сделано.
03:10:908 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - попробуй 2 3 4 и далее комбо сдвинуть по ходу окончания длинного 1 слайдера. Новички будут теряться. И брейкать комбо. Потому что подсознательно будут вести курсор дальше по слайдеру. AR5 всё ещё достаточно медленнен, чтобы эти два круга появились ещё до окончания слайдера, да в придачу дано 1/1 на реакцию.
03:24:772 (6) - нк ок о.о
04:03:181 (3) - Уменьши цикл. Добавь кругов или слайдер В нормале лучше больше 1 цикла не ставить. Максимум два. У тебя там целых три. Я не знаю, чем ещё это заменить, если я понаставлю кругов вместо всего этого слайдера, это сильно долбанёт по звёздам...
04:15:227 (4,5) - добавь круг. Сильную ноту пропускаешь. http://i.imgur.com/lIeDxbI.png У тебя еще есть такие места в карте. Но я выделил необходимые. Пришлось немного помучаться (ибо то, как на скриншоте, меня не устраивало), но исправлено.
04:24:999 (3) - на белый тик в конце поставь круг. http://i.imgur.com/8ew3NhR.png Добавило мучений. :3
04:26:818 (6) - ^ не пропускай сильные ударные. ^


[Hard Diff]
Старайся следовать тому DS который ты выставил в начале 1.4 А так посмотреть в основном у тебя 1.0 Там 1.3 вообще...

00:05:681 (1) - удали лишняя. Ничу не знаю, туда падает слово "just" по вокалу. Хотя я переставил нк на ноту назад.
00:18:863 (2,3) - белый тик. Поиграйся с ритмом. Не пропускай их. Нота по музыке падает на синий тик, но я рещил его поставить на красный. Сейчас я замутил дабл, выходящий в слайдер, который всё равно пропускает белый тик...
00:29:772 (3) - Окончание на синий тик. Либо доведи до красного либо укороти до белого. Очень плохо звучит и выглядит. Хотя меня вполне устраивало, как это звучит (да и выглядит), я добавил дабл х)
00:47:954 (2,3) - белый тик. Добавь Ноту. Будет ритмичнее Больше даблов!
04:22:727 - добавь ноту. http://i.imgur.com/u4s6Xfj.png Не, дабл :D
04:29:772 (2) - тут определенно слышен темп из трех нот. Мбыть стак добавишь ? http://i.imgur.com/F8uKmvd.png Окей, добавил ещё круг после этого по фортепиано.

А ещё я понадобавлял даблов кое-где в куплетах xD

Хорошая карта.

[Insane Diff]

00:40:340 (1,2) - неприятная комбинация. Поиграй с ритмом. please, я уже спрашивал по поводу подобного х)
00:57:045 (3,4) - попробуй слайдер через длинный тик пропустить. Думаю лучше будет Окей.
01:32:272 (7,1) - Ударный на белом идет. Не пропускай. Там даже 2 ударных идёт. И это выливается в трипл из предыдущего слайдера, что выдаёт немного странный переход маппинга вокала в маппинг ударных. Хотя я уверен, что это плохой аргумент, на самом деле я просто не хочу тут ставить ноту...
01:59:999 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17) - попробуй зацикленный вставить между ними. Ммм... нет :3
02:05:908 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - ^ ^
02:14:090 (4) - Попробуй слайдер через белый тик пропустить ритмичнее будет. Заменил слайдер кругами :о
02:38:636 (2,3) - Попробуй заполнить пустоту. Допустим вмето двух кругов поставь слайдер. Запланировано так :3
03:06:818 (4) - Слайдер заканчивается на пустой звук в музыке. Попробуй заменить Не совсем понял, что значит "пустой звук", но изменил паттерн.
03:21:363 (4,5,6) - Удали 5 комбо . Там нету звука. 01:39:658 (5) - Тут тоже.
03:56:136 (7,1) - Довести слайдер (комбо 1 ) до белого тика ? Дабл :3
04:05:454 (8,1) - Пустое место. А там ударные. Добавь слайдер или круг. Чистое поле <3
04:27:272 (5,1,2) - Удали комбо (1) Переставил на круг назад.


Годная карта. Желаю удачи. :):)
Спасибо :3
ComfyWolf
#modreqs back for more I am :P

Now onto your map.

03:50:227 (7,1,2,3,4) - Make sure all these sliders are straight; some are overlapping each other.
00:39:999 (1,2,3) - Straighten these sliders (overlapping each other)
good to go.


Good luck! :)
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

DisheveledFox wrote:

#modreqs back for more I am :P

Now onto your map.

03:50:227 (7,1,2,3,4) - Make sure all these sliders are straight; some are overlapping each other. Done.
00:39:999 (1,2,3) - Straighten these sliders (overlapping each other) Mff, that looks cool
I spread out the stacks so they are more readable, I saw you stumble on them. Also added one slider after the last triple.
good to go.


Good luck! :)
I know the post isn't quite helpful, but the testplay was, also I appreciate the effort, thus i'll grant the kd. I hope they won't be denied...
diraimur
Warning: this post includes high amount of personal preferences.

Overall, you've used streams too much. I'd turn some of things to sliders, but then again, its most likely I don't like streams.

00:23:295 - adding a note here sounds better and doesn't harm the flow. And if you don't add note, I'd add gap between those two 1/2 notes since 1/2 is long enough for a small jump.
02:32:727 (1) - I dunno', perhaps shorten by 1/4 and add a note between two sliders. <3
02:38:636 - 02:39:318 - too much gap here, I'd try to fill.
03:59:090 (3,4,5,6) - try increasing ds, i think its a good place for it!
04:05:454 - 04:06:590 - too long gap.

Else than that I think its fine! Good job.
00:05:454 (1) - I'd remove this but I guess its mappers choice.
00:27:727 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - IMO ds is too high for hard diff considering they are 1/2's.
02:09:545 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^ (In fact those are more spaced than the previous)
02:37:727 (7,1,2,3,4,1) - I can't say I'm in fond of these placements, perhaps try something like this? (ignore bottom slider, I didn't change that. I just captured at the very end of the slider so thats why there is a ball there. ^^
02:57:045 (2,3,4,5,6) - DS.
03:50:908 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^

Looks good, could be definitely be better, but then again, which map on osu! couldn't be?



Good luck!
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

diraimur wrote:

Warning: this post includes high amount of personal preferences. That's what modding basically is... or so I thought?

[Insane]
Overall, you've used streams too much. I'd turn some of things to sliders, but then again, its most likely I don't like streams. I do think I overused streams for intro, but other than that, I disagree.

00:23:295 - adding a note here sounds better and doesn't harm the flow. And if you don't add note, I'd add gap between those two 1/2 notes since 1/2 is long enough for a small jump. Fixed the second way.
02:32:727 (1) - I dunno', perhaps shorten by 1/4 and add a note between two sliders. <3 Wut? Is that just for variety in rhythm patterns? Maybe, I dunno..
02:38:636 - 02:39:318 - too much gap here, I'd try to fill. Isn't it obvious that this is intended?
03:59:090 (3,4,5,6) - try increasing ds, i think its a good place for it! The stream that took this place before is back!
04:05:454 - 04:06:590 - too long gap. Intended ._.

Else than that I think its fine! Good job.

[Hard]
00:05:454 (1) - I'd remove this but I guess its mappers choice. uhh i mixed mapping piano and vocals and now every modder tells me to remove dem notes
00:27:727 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - IMO ds is too high for hard diff considering they are 1/2's. I used 1.0x for non-kiai, 1.3x for those kiai-like parts that I didn't make kiai lest overuse and 1.4x for big kiais. Also, that's certainly not too high ds, just the fact that they are lined up makes them harder. If they made a zigzag pattern with even slightly larger ds they'd be easier.
02:09:545 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^ (In fact those are more spaced than the previous) ^
02:37:727 (7,1,2,3,4,1) - I can't say I'm in fond of these placements, perhaps try something like this? <...> It certailny looks better with your skin, with default one the top slider looks weird.
02:57:045 (2,3,4,5,6) - DS. No, really, just look at 03:04:318 (2,3,4,5,6) - the DS is same.
03:50:908 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^ ^

I really hoped you'd mention some of the doubles in this diff... :(

Looks good, could be definitely be better, but then again, which map on osu! couldn't be?


Good luck! Thanks :3
Arphimigon
I don't like modding mapsets that are too easy haha, w/e

[Normal]
Following vocal is very hard for new player because it is inconsistent, since I generally find that annoying about the whole diff I think I'll move on to hard

[Hard]
Lots of awkward (albeit consistent) slider blankets you do ayy
Also after 2 mins i didnt mention repeating issues i saw earlier, thats annoying (pssst 02:19:999 (1,2,3,4,5) - )
00:03:749 - Fill one of the ticks just after or before this point, either the downbeat is necessary or the red tick to make this feel better
00:04:772 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Too many notes, I know you do this a lot (overmapping hl) but I'd add a slider or two because calm section. Perhaps on either of these 00:05:454 (1,5) -
00:21:363 (4) - Suspiciously close to offscreen
00:22:727 - I would like to hit this downbeat, turn the third slider into a note thanks
00:29:999 - And perhaps a sound here, the 3/4 slider feels realllly off
00:41:818 (1,2,3,4,5) - That's a lot of sliders... and my usual rambling of 00:43:636 - downbeat that i want to hit
00:48:863 (4,1) - Unnecessary jump? Also 00:47:954 (2,3,4,1) - this angling is a bit weird dont you think
01:17:045 (2) - aaaaaaaah offbeat slider make into note then sldier plsplspslpsl
01:29:999 (3,4) - These touching look kinda bad imo
01:59:090 (5) - Make equal ds before and after
02:13:408 (2,3) - Bad blanket d00d

02:59:318 (3,4) - Note then slider? imo makes the 02:59:545 - clap better
03:07:954 (2,1) - Little touch looks ugli

[Insane]
As per a bunch of nomod, DT and HR testplays, an IRC, and a chat with a higher rank player which involved this map and yourself, pls reduce HP
Diff has same annoying downbeat misses as hard, w/e
00:03:636 (1,2,3,4,5) - Imo would make into smth like 00:01:818 (1) - for consistency on this start, let the 1/4s like that come slightly after
00:29:772 (3,6) - "make into stack"
00:38:863 (3,4) - Typical touching rant
01:26:363 - Rip break for hitting anything then offbeat sliders
01:27:499 (1,2,3) - Make dese blanket slider 3 for awesome
01:39:545 (4,5,6) - This felt really off and random, i would make into two notes
01:42:954 - Note really should be here for consistency with last 3/4 sliders

Not bad, definately not my cup of tea, but not bad
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

Arphimigon wrote:

I don't like modding mapsets that are too easy haha, w/e /sorry if this modresponse a bit harsh, i'm not in the mood at the moment.

[Normal]
Following vocal is very hard for new player because it is inconsistent, since I generally find that annoying about the whole diff I think I'll move on to hard
/thank you very much, this diff has the least mods (read: it is completely unmodded) and now one less

[Hard]
Lots of awkward (albeit consistent) slider blankets you do ayy /this is actually my first real blanketmap i think
Also after 2 mins i didnt mention repeating issues i saw earlier, thats annoying (pssst 02:19:999 (1,2,3,4,5) - ) /wat
00:03:749 - Fill one of the ticks just after or before this point, either the downbeat is necessary or the red tick to make this feel better /there is neither piano note nor vocal note, why would i do that
00:04:772 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Too many notes, I know you do this a lot (overmapping hl) but I'd add a slider or two because calm section. Perhaps on either of these 00:05:454 (1,5) - /pls behold the power of 1/2 streams or i'll make more offbeat sliders
00:21:363 (4) - Suspiciously close to offscreen /did overlap hp bar, fixed
00:22:727 - I would like to hit this downbeat, turn the third slider into a note thanks /i have no idea where did you find a downbeat there, but that'll be too op for a Hard
00:29:999 - And perhaps a sound here, the 3/4 slider feels realllly off /it doesn't at all to me
00:41:818 (1,2,3,4,5) - That's a lot of sliders... and my usual rambling of 00:43:636 - downbeat that i want to hit /wow you won a teal, i'll think about it
00:48:863 (4,1) - Unnecessary jump? Also 00:47:954 (2,3,4,1) - this angling is a bit weird dont you think /i didn't know how to avoid that jump, it's downbeat and NC anyway so i think it's fine. /although i don't like slidershapes like this, ok.. this kinda helped with aforementioned jump btw
01:17:045 (2) - aaaaaaaah offbeat slider make into note then sldier plsplspslpsl /pls it plays well, follows vocal, and the kick sound is on the blue tick anyway
01:29:999 (3,4) - These touching look kinda bad imo /idunno looks pretty good to me
01:59:090 (5) - Make equal ds before and after /pls 3px left lmao
02:13:408 (2,3) - Bad blanket d00d /ke
02:59:318 (3,4) - Note then slider? imo makes the 02:59:545 - clap better /ok
03:07:954 (2,1) - Little touch looks ugli /i don't even notice it but ok

[Insane]
As per a bunch of nomod, DT and HR testplays, an IRC, and a chat with a higher rank player which involved this map and yourself, pls reduce HP /hp7.4 it is
Diff has same annoying downbeat misses as hard, w/e /i've found six unpressed downbeats and five of them are justified imo
00:03:636 (1,2,3,4,5) - Imo would make into smth like 00:01:818 (1) - for consistency on this start, let the 1/4s like that come slightly after /pls it's a streammap, the only reason you don't stream from the very beginning is that you don't know what speed do you need to stream with on the very first note of the song
00:29:772 (3,6) - "make into stack" /more 3px mods
00:38:863 (3,4) - Typical touching rant / ^
01:26:363 - Rip break for hitting anything then offbeat sliders /wow another teal here, i like this pattern too much, but will consider
01:27:499 (1,2,3) - Make dese blanket slider 3 for awesome /wow is ar8 that fast for you? /i'm just lazy
01:39:545 (4,5,6) - This felt really off and random, i would make into two notes /what about four?
01:42:954 - Note really should be here for consistency with last 3/4 sliders /both are cool, but ok

Not bad, definately not my cup of tea, but not bad
Thank you..
-Faded-
Hi, mod as requested.

[Normal]
I didn't really like this difficulty, the ending seemed so rushed; otherwise it would be okay.
  1. 00:19:999 (1,2,3,4) - I'd clean this pattern up a bit, it flows and looks rough compared to the rest of the map. (1,2) have worse flow than (3,4) which is not supported by the music.
  2. 00:42:272 (2,4) - I'm not keen on this overlap, it looks scruffy and new players may have a hard time reading this.
  3. 01:10:908 (1) - Why is there a spinner here? The placement seems a bit random. Spinners shouldn't be used to wrap up breaks, but to map long, continuous/repeating sounds that cannot be substituted with a slider. I'd recommend you remove this.
  4. 01:17:727 (4,2) - Again, I'm not fond of this overlap but this is even worse because a repeat slider is partially hidden, making it even harder for newcomers to read.
  5. 01:58:181 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't like how (2,4) are placed, sliders shouldn't start on a red tick and end on a white tick, neither should they end on a big white tick (the downbeat). Rhythms like this can make players lose their rhythmic accuracy, which can frustrate players. I'd try this rhythm instead:
  6. 02:40:454 (5) - Add a clap on the head of this slider, this way it will be more consistent and the clap at the repeat of 02:41:136 (7) - will feel less out of place.
  7. 02:52:727 (1) - Again, I feel as though this spinner is out of place because the music from the break hasn't changed.
  8. 03:03:636 (1) - You should change this slider into a more interesting shape, I feel as though this slider isn't as refined as the other long sliders throughout the map.
  9. 03:46:590 (5,1) - This blanket seems off slightly, you should refine it a bit.
  10. 03:50:908 (1,2,3,4) - I really don't like this set of sliders. If a new player were to follow the sliders all the way through, then it would flow poorly due to the amount of turns. Meanwhile, if a new player were to just hit the heads of the sliders then it would be a bit off a difficulty spike, since the slider heads are far apart. I suggest you change this.
  11. 04:10:227 (2,5) - This is unrankable, all repeat arrows have to be visible. If they are hidden like this, then players will have a hard time reading this, especially new players.
  12. 04:19:772 (1,2,3,4) - Also unrankable, every slider must have a clear path from start to end. I suggest you redo this entire pattern, the huge overlap looks bad and it is very hard to read, especially for new players.


[Hard]
  1. All the spinner gripes I have with normal apply here as well.
  2. 00:04:772 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern feels monotonous because the rhythm it provides doesn't change with the music. To fix this, I recommend you remove 00:05:454 (1) - because although it is on a downbeat, there isn't a vocal here, so it feels overmapped. A slider covering 00:05:227 (4,1,2) - would work as well.
  3. 00:20:795 - If you add a note here then I feel that it would express the music better because you've used 1/4 in similar areas in the music, so why not here?
  4. 00:45:454 (1,2,3) - Personally speaking, I think these overlaps look messy, so you should move the sliders a bit.
  5. 01:29:999 (3,4) - Again, a scruffy overlap that can easily be fixed.
  6. 02:09:772 (4,5) - I don't like this rhythm, the polarity is poor since the player would hit the start of (4) on the red tick, and not be sure when to hit (5) since it starts on a blue tick. Making these sliders double notes could work, because the player would be tapping on both ticks, rather than just one of them.
  7. 02:30:908 (1,2,3) - I'm not too fond of how this pattern looks, you should rearrange the notes so it looks like a proper, symmetrical oval, rather than a lopsided one.
  8. 02:34:999 (2,3,4) - Pretty much the same thing is I had mentioned above. ^
  9. 03:55:454 - Add a note here, so that the player can keep a steady beat as the next note is on a red tick.
  10. 04:11:363 (6,8,1) - I'm not too fond of the overlaps here, because although they seem minor like most of my suggestions regarding to overlaps, it is important to minimize these because they make your map seem messy.
  11. 04:20:681 - Like I mentioned for 03:55:454 - , you should add a note here so the player keeps a steady rhythm. This time though, place the note on the red tick because it would be more appropriate there, according to the music. The rhythm will still be fine due to polarity.


[Insane]
  1. Again, spinners.
  2. 00:07:272 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why are there doubles here? The music really doesn't call for it, so the pattern feels quite overmapped and jarring during play. Try a different rhythm instead, like the ones you've been using on your other diffs.
  3. 00:19:999 (1,2,3) - I'd change this rhythm up a bit; players might hit a slider too early, thinking they are 1/4 apart due to the sliders earlier; and a basic 1/2 slider pattern doesn't really show what the music has to offer. I'd try this rhythm instead:
  4. 01:21:022 (4,5,6) - Confusing spacing here, players might hit (6) a quarter-beat early due to how (4,5) have been placed on the timeline.
  5. 01:39:545 (4,5,6) - This triple seems overmapped, because I can't seem to find anything in the music that justifies them anywhere, so I suggest you change this.
  6. 02:41:363 (5,6,7) - What's with the inconsistent spacing here? Nothing in the music suggests that (7) should be closer to (6), so I recommend you fix this up.
  7. 03:09:545 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - This rhythm also needs reworking, because poor polarity can lead players into hitting (4) too early or late. I suggest this rhythm instead:
  8. 03:13:068 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I'm not sure about the doubles you have here, it seems overmapped as I can't find anything in the music that would justify this. It also plays bad, because the circles you click on are on blue ticks, while the player lets go at the stronger red tick. I suggest you try something else here.
  9. 04:11:363 (3,4,5,6,7) - Again, I really don't like these doubles. ^
  10. 04:24:090 (2,3,4,5) - Personally speaking, I think this pattern seems cramped, so I don't like it. I also don't like the fact that the blanket at (2,4) is tighter than the one at (4,5) so you should clean this up imo.
  11. 04:34:545 (1,2,3) - I don't like this 1/4 circle for the same reasons as 03:13:068 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -, I don't like how it is on a blue tick.


The biggest problems I have with this mapset are the rhythms you've used. When creating a rhythm, think to yourself three things:
Does this go with the music?Will the player be able to hit the notes accurately?Are the appropriate beats being emphasized?
With these in mind, most rhythms will generally be okay. This mapset has potential, so I shot a star; good luck!
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

-Faded- wrote:

Hi, mod as requested. //it was requested? /me runs

[Normal]
I didn't really like this difficulty, the ending seemed so rushed; otherwise it would be okay. i don't have enough imagination for long sliders, sorry
  1. 00:19:999 (1,2,3,4) - I'd clean this pattern up a bit, it flows and looks rough compared to the rest of the map. (1,2) have worse flow than (3,4) which is not supported by the music. //tried to do something
  2. 00:42:272 (2,4) - I'm not keen on this overlap, it looks scruffy and new players may have a hard time reading this. //i'm not too keen on it either, but it's not the worst kind of overlap; also it fits music so well
  3. 01:10:908 (1) - Why is there a spinner here? The placement seems a bit random. Spinners shouldn't be used to wrap up breaks, but to map long, continuous/repeating sounds that cannot be substituted with a slider. I'd recommend you remove this. //it kinda grades up in length since insane diff here uh, i'll think about it
  4. 01:17:727 (4,2) - Again, I'm not fond of this overlap but this is even worse because a repeat slider is partially hidden, making it even harder for newcomers to read. //what was i even thinking leaving this part not remapped?.. i don't get the sliderrepeat part though, the overlapping slider completely disappears by the time the reverse arrow appears
  5. 01:58:181 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't like how (2,4) are placed, sliders shouldn't start on a red tick and end on a white tick, neither should they end on a big white tick (the downbeat). Rhythms like this can make players lose their rhythmic accuracy, which can frustrate players. //i still don't agree that offbeat sliders aren't a thing to do, however i do agree now that downbeats should be pressured now, so i changed the pattern a bit
  6. 02:40:454 (5) - Add a clap on the head of this slider, this way it will be more consistent and the clap at the repeat of 02:41:136 (7) - will feel less out of place. //but it doesn't feel out of place at all, what you're suggesting does very much instead
  7. 02:52:727 (1) - Again, I feel as though this spinner is out of place because the music from the break hasn't changed. //yea, yea
  8. 03:03:636 (1) - You should change this slider into a more interesting shape, I feel as though this slider isn't as refined as the other long sliders throughout the map. //i literally spent an hour trying to make a shape for that slider that wouldn't overlap anything that comes before that slider, i'm not changing it unless i have an idea what to change it into
  9. 03:46:590 (5,1) - This blanket seems off slightly, you should refine it a bit. //ok adsf
  10. 03:50:908 (1,2,3,4) - I really don't like this set of sliders. If a new player were to follow the sliders all the way through, then it would flow poorly due to the amount of turns. Meanwhile, if a new player were to just hit the heads of the sliders then it would be a bit off a difficulty spike, since the slider heads are far apart. I suggest you change this. //fixed a blanket, but no change, i tried to make a pattern that would resemble the music somewhat, but was getting out of space adsf; i'd make the second two point upwards so it still would be a thing anyway why am i even writing this
  11. 04:10:227 (2,5) - This is unrankable, all repeat arrows have to be visible. If they are hidden like this, then players will have a hard time reading this, especially new players. //oh wow i thought i got rid of all of those
  12. 04:19:772 (1,2,3,4) - Also unrankable, every slider must have a clear path from start to end. I suggest you redo this entire pattern, the huge overlap looks bad and it is very hard to read, especially for new players. //changed the pattern, but wth, that rule is about adsf unreadable sliders one type of which is burai sliders o_O


[Hard]
  1. All the spinner gripes I have with normal apply here as well. //yea, yea..
  2. 00:04:772 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern feels monotonous because the rhythm it provides doesn't change with the music. To fix this, I recommend you remove 00:05:454 (1) - because although it is on a downbeat, there isn't a vocal here, so it feels overmapped. A slider covering 00:05:227 (4,1,2) - would work as well. // 00:04:772 (2,3,4,1) - maps the piano, the following map the vocals
  3. 00:20:795 - If you add a note here then I feel that it would express the music better because you've used 1/4 in similar areas in the music, so why not here? //um what
  4. 00:45:454 (1,2,3) - Personally speaking, I think these overlaps look messy, so you should move the sliders a bit. //lol indeed, finally someone pointed that out
  5. 01:29:999 (3,4) - Again, a scruffy overlap that can easily be fixed. //improved the blankets, but no unless remap
  6. 02:09:772 (4,5) - I don't like this rhythm, the polarity is poor since the player would hit the start of (4) on the red tick, and not be sure when to hit (5) since it starts on a blue tick. Making these sliders double notes could work, because the player would be tapping on both ticks, rather than just one of them. //2+2 may be too op far hard, but changed with slider
  7. 02:30:908 (1,2,3) - I'm not too fond of how this pattern looks, you should rearrange the notes so it looks like a proper, symmetrical oval, rather than a lopsided one. //i only see imperfect blankets and fix them
  8. 02:34:999 (2,3,4) - Pretty much the same thing is I had mentioned above. ^ //i don't even see imperfect blankets here adsf
  9. 03:55:454 - Add a note here, so that the player can keep a steady beat as the next note is on a red tick. //ok
  10. 04:11:363 (6,8,1) - I'm not too fond of the overlaps here, because although they seem minor like most of my suggestions regarding to overlaps, it is important to minimize these because they make your map seem messy. //HOW ABOUT BLANKETFIX? 9_6
  11. 04:20:681 - Like I mentioned for 03:55:454 - , you should add a note here so the player keeps a steady rhythm. This time though, place the note on the red tick because it would be more appropriate there, according to the music. The rhythm will still be fine due to polarity. //not this time, no note


[Insane]

  • Again, spinners. //and here goes a big NOPE since there go stream buildups and starting from break with streams is an adsf thing to do
  1. 00:07:272 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why are there doubles here? The music really doesn't call for it, so the pattern feels quite overmapped and jarring during play. Try a different rhythm instead, like the ones you've been using on your other diffs. //normal maps to the vocals in this section, hard maps to vocals and the louder piano, insane maps to the vocals and the softer piano, the latter one has those doubles
  2. 00:19:999 (1,2,3) - I'd change this rhythm up a bit; players might hit a slider too early, thinking they are 1/4 apart due to the sliders earlier; and a basic 1/2 slider pattern doesn't really show what the music has to offer. //WAT i'm clearly mapping the synth here, where did the triple come from?..
  3. 01:21:022 (4,5,6) - Confusing spacing here, players might hit (6) a quarter-beat early due to how (4,5) have been placed on the timeline. //WHOA how did i not notice this? adsf
  4. 01:39:545 (4,5,6) - This triple seems overmapped, because I can't seem to find anything in the music that justifies them anywhere, so I suggest you change this. //says one who just suggested to basically do the same; it goes well with the rhythm
  5. 02:41:363 (5,6,7) - What's with the inconsistent spacing here? Nothing in the music suggests that (7) should be closer to (6), so I recommend you fix this up. //the following break does, it's basically a slowdown
  6. 03:09:545 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - This rhythm also needs reworking, because poor polarity can lead players into hitting (4) too early or late. //pls perfect spacing lol
  7. 03:13:068 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I'm not sure about the doubles you have here, it seems overmapped as I can't find anything in the music that would justify this. It also plays bad, because the circles you click on are on blue ticks, while the player lets go at the stronger red tick. I suggest you try something else here. //wat, it's a common rhythm pattern called tricky triple, slider-circle-slider, what's so horrible playing it? where are doubles here?..; also that's how i map vocals when just 1/4 gap between sliders plays weird
  8. 04:11:363 (3,4,5,6,7) - Again, I really don't like these doubles. ^ //where do you see doubles here?..
  9. 04:24:090 (2,3,4,5) - Personally speaking, I think this pattern seems cramped, so I don't like it. I also don't like the fact that the blanket at (2,4) is tighter than the one at (4,5) so you should clean this up imo. //done, i think
  10. 04:34:545 (1,2,3) - I don't like this 1/4 circle for the same reasons as 03:13:068 (1,2,3,4,5,6) -, I don't like how it is on a blue tick. meet my blue dot: .


The biggest problems I have with this mapset are the rhythms you'e used. When creating a rhythm, think to yourself three things:
Does this go with the music?Will the player be able to hit the notes accurately?Are the appropriate beats being emphasized?
With these in mind, most rhythms will generally be okay. This mapset has potential, so I shot a star; good luck!
Thank you. I'm better with rhythms by now seeing as this map is 9 months old, but i still think that these rhythms do work.
Now let's go back to doing weird things now...
DNR
god dammit i fucking hate pony music

like regardless of the opinions about the show itself, most fan music in the show is honestly just cringe-worthy electronic music. I think I've only enjoyed one pony fan-music thing and that'd be this.

who the fuck is that green bitch anyway like who the fuck sat down and made an OC and was like "Yeah let's make her neon fucking green that's a great idea" like honestly like even my OC looks better (picture for reference) lmfao

Insane:
00:01:818 - would prefer whistles to be present in this section tbh
00:14:545 (1,2,3) - these sound better as hitnormals tbh
01:24:318 (3,4,5) - Space these out so they don't overlap so much lol
02:38:749 - this section feels really empty. having a beat and a half of emptiness while there's still stuff going on is awkward, especially for a streamy map like this
04:04:545 (6,7) - Considering the previous large spacing of notes, I'm hitting this super early. pls space it out like the rest of the map

Hard:
somehow the spread isn't that fucked so cool.

Normal:
so I'm already feeling like you're gonna wanna have an easy diff, since this is mostly 1/2 with some 1/4 slider stuff.
but it's technically fine

woohoo
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

Reditum wrote:

god dammit i fucking hate pony music //i like pony music, not quite pony songs. I'd map an instrumental version of this but then it feels kinda empty. This song was what has shown me the world of electronic music, i felt like i should somewhat pay tribute to it

like regardless of the opinions about the show itself, most fan music in the show is honestly just cringe-worthy electronic music. I think I've only enjoyed one pony fan-music thing and that'd be this. //idunno i find quite a bit of nice stuff in the fandom

who the fuck is that green bitch anyway like who the fuck sat down and made an OC and was like "Yeah let's make her neon fucking green that's a great idea" like honestly like even my OC looks better (picture for reference) lmfao //idunno i like Chichi's OC ;o

Insane:
00:01:818 - would prefer whistles to be present in this section tbh //ok
00:14:545 (1,2,3) - these sound better as hitnormals tbh //yes, removed claps too
01:24:318 (3,4,5) - Space these out so they don't overlap so much lol //but that's intended..
02:38:749 - this section feels really empty. having a beat and a half of emptiness while there's still stuff going on is awkward, especially for a streamy map like this //*sigh* alright..
04:04:545 (6,7) - Considering the previous large spacing of notes, I'm hitting this super early. pls space it out like the rest of the map //oh wow YES

Hard:
somehow the spread isn't that fucked so cool. //well, normal is sliders, hard is 1/2 circles, insane is 1/4 circles

Normal:
so I'm already feeling like you're gonna wanna have an easy diff, since this is mostly 1/2 with some 1/4 slider stuff.
but it's technically fine //well, RC stands that he lowest diff must be below 2 stars.. i did try to make an easy, but it didn't go well ._.

woohoo //woo, thank you :3
Kathex
17:36 Kathex: i saw overlaps
17:36 Firmatorenio: duhh
17:36 Kathex: kek
17:37 Kathex: ur offset is a bit off
17:38 Kathex: 1840
17:38 Kathex: looks better to me
17:40 Kathex: GO FIRMA
17:40 Kathex: MOD IT
17:40 Kathex: IM DOING A IRC
17:41 Firmatorenio: lol
17:41 Firmatorenio: i can't even see what diff are you looking at
17:42 Kathex: insane
17:42 Firmatorenio: rip
17:42 Kathex: ?
17:42 Kathex: 00:02:749 (3) - ur blanket is off
17:43 Firmatorenio: my flow is off, not blanket
17:43 Firmatorenio: lol
17:44 Firmatorenio: inb4 that's all
17:44 Kathex: 00:08:317 (7,8) - this stack looks bigger than others
17:44 Kathex: 00:25:476 (1,2,3) - the flow looks blah
17:44 Firmatorenio: srsly 1px modding
17:45 Kathex: i modd everything that my big purple eyes can see
17:45 Firmatorenio: mine were purpler until the day before yesterday.. now they're blue..
17:46 Kathex: kek
17:46 Kathex: 00:30:930 (1) - why u dont give more space to emphasis the beat?
17:47 Firmatorenio: cuz perfect spacing
17:47 Kathex: 00:37:408 (5,6) - my aesthetics sense wants dies with this stacks
17:48 Kathex: 00:37:976 (8) -
17:48 Firmatorenio: rip
17:48 Firmatorenio: it's kinda purposeful
17:48 Kathex: 00:39:340 (4) - move to the blanket of 00:38:203 (1) - ?
17:49 Kathex: u can rotate a bit 00:38:203 (1) - to do this
17:49 Firmatorenio: not necessary, the slider fades already
17:49 Kathex: but in dt its notable
17:49 Kathex: :d
17:50 Firmatorenio: dt can suffer another pony map with imperfect blankets
17:50 *Firmatorenio looks at ztrot getting an irc mod from irre
17:50 Kathex: staff circlejerking intensifies
17:50 Kathex: huh
17:50 Kathex: 00:38:203 (1) -
17:51 Kathex: ops
17:51 Kathex: 00:46:840 (5,6,1) -
17:51 Kathex: this flow
17:51 Kathex: its
17:51 Kathex: waw
17:51 Kathex: AWE
17:52 Firmatorenio: looks fine to me honestly
17:52 Kathex: well
17:53 Kathex: 00:54:567 (1,2) - why u dont use the same angle like 00:54:112 (4,5) -
17:54 Firmatorenio: 00:54:090 (4,5,1,2) - shape
17:55 Kathex: 01:36:840 (2) -
17:55 Kathex: stack a bit down
17:56 Firmatorenio: why
17:56 Kathex: to follow the flow
17:56 Firmatorenio: it looks fine
17:57 Kathex: Oo firma used emphashis 02:12:294 (10,11,1) -
17:58 Firmatorenio: that's a special case
17:59 Firmatorenio: two of the four jumps on the entire map
17:59 Firmatorenio: you're past the first one
17:59 Kathex: 03:09:794 (3,6) - overlap?
18:00 Firmatorenio: it's minimal
18:01 Firmatorenio: and on the verge of fading
18:01 Kathex: 04:05:476 (8) - why no mapped area?
18:02 Firmatorenio: bells
18:03 Kathex: ok
18:03 Kathex: lets go to hard
18:04 Kathex: 00:18:181 (1) -
18:04 Kathex: i feel it would be a reverse slider
18:05 Kathex: the red tick have a important beat
18:06 Firmatorenio: hm, good one
18:07 Kathex: 02:58:181 (1) -
18:08 Kathex: blanket
18:09 Kathex: 03:10:908 (1) -
18:09 Kathex: another blanket
18:09 Kathex: 03:16:363 (1) - more blanket
18:09 Kathex: this one is a bit off too 03:19:999 (1) -
18:09 Firmatorenio: second one is crescent blanket
18:10 Firmatorenio: can't do much with the last one, it needs (4) to be perfectly on it
18:11 Kathex: the rest looks good
18:11 Kathex: lets to normal
18:12 Firmatorenio: woo blanket city
18:13 *Firmatorenio waits at 00:36:363 (4) -
18:14 Kathex: ?
18:15 Kathex: 03:14:318 (1) - overlap
18:15 Kathex: GG
18:15 Kathex: 03:15:227 (3) - bad blanket too
18:16 Kathex: 03:41:590 (4) - overlap again
18:16 Kathex: 03:43:636 (1) - overlap
18:17 Firmatorenio: i'm not fixing any of those fecause it's all structure..
18:17 Kathex: 04:10:908 (4) - overlap
18:17 Kathex: u can rotate every of this
18:17 Kathex: and dont have any overlap
18:18 Kathex: 04:20:681 (3) - overlap
18:18 Kathex: 04:23:636 (1) - overlap
18:18 Firmatorenio: where did you find an over lap in this last one
18:19 Firmatorenio: oh nvm see it
18:19 Firmatorenio: anyway rotating any of that wrecks the structure and does it hard
18:19 Kathex: well
18:20 Kathex: no overlap goes unpunished by my big purple eyes
18:20 Kathex: no blankets too
18:20 Kathex: kek
18:20 Firmatorenio: better punish blankets
18:20 Firmatorenio: 04:35:908 (3,4) -
18:21 Kathex: a bit off
18:21 Kathex: thats all
[-obee58-]

Firmatorenio wrote:

adsf how2get pony maps ranked ._.
ztrot gd
Hobbes2
more like mic the trashophone

[general]

combo colors pls

[Normal]

So as a general thing this mapping style looks pretty old to me but it's not unrankable so you don't need to remap or anything. I kinda like it actually.

00:08:636 (5,2) - 5's head and 2's tail dont have the same x and y value which is really noticeable because they're being blanketed by the same object

00:18:863 (5,1) - Place 1 more to the right so it's not almost touching 5?

00:19:999 (1,3) - This kind of overlap doesn't look good, should be an easy fix

00:29:772 (6,7,1,2,3) - While this looks cool and is structured great, the amount of overlaps concerns me because it may be hard to read for a Normal player.

00:33:408 (5,6,1,2) - Same problem here.

00:39:999 (4,5) - Not very intuitive flow for a normal, as players tend to follow sliders literally, making this more of an up and down motion, even if that's not what you intended.

00:49:999 (2,4) - Looks like this blanket needs work!

01:14:545 (1,3) - this overlap :V

01:54:545 (1) - The start spot on this spinner is kinda vague lol theres not really any sound in the music where it starts so it just feels kinda random

02:01:136 (4,1) - blanket thingy

02:01:818 (1,2,3,4) - Not the best flow but it might be fine since its a discernible pattern.

Alright so rest of map pretty much has the same points above: watch out for any overlaps, blankets, etc, optimize your a e s t h e t i c

Like I said before this mapping style may bring up some questions or whatever since its old but I do think its rankable.

[Hard]

00:14:545 (1,3) - since these are claps you'd expect a clap at 00:15:454 - but its the middle of a slider :V

00:17:613 (5) - if you're mapping the rhythm properly shouldn't this end on 00:17:840 - and then hit circle 00:17:954 - here?

00:22:840 (4,5) - this isn't easy to read as a 3/4 gap because its the first one in the song lol, it definitely surprised me

00:26:136 (2,3) - Not the strongest flow. Maybe rotate 2 twice and ctrl+G? like this - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6144135 (even then you can adjust some more)

00:41:818 (1,2,3,4) - I'm not exactly sure what these sliders are being mapped to

01:19:999 (1,2,3) - not sure ppl can be expected to react to this sudden 3/2 gap, use a slider instead I think. even with the spacing change its hard to read.

01:29:999 (3,4) - Looks better without the overlap

02:19:999 (1,2,3,4) - Like before I have no clue what these sliders are following...I'd remap this rhythm

02:25:227 (5) - Disagree with this extended slider, powerful sound on the downbeat that should probably be clickable

03:10:908 (1,2) - You can blanket these

04:11:363 (6,8) - overlap :v

yeah just like go through and check through your aesthetics, i dont wanna like ask you to change something thats just your style or whatever so I trust you'd do a better job of inspecting your own aesthetics than I would

[Insane]

00:06:136 (4,5,6,7,8) - This star doesn't look tidy to me, did you use ctrl+shift+d for it?

00:15:681 (4,1) - one of those bad looking overlaps

00:32:045 (4,5,6,1) - This just feels randomly placed in a map otherwise full of structure

00:38:181 (1,4) - could you blanket these? would look nicer. Otherwise, just move 4 because its placement there is not good.

Alright I actually think this map could use a remap, the aesthetics are completely outdated, and I don't you can fix this map to be up to the current standards of quality with mods; the Normal and Hard are alright but this one just needs too much work and I think you need to remap it.

I hope this mod helped, good luck. PM me in game with any other questions \o/
Topic Starter
Firmatorenio

Hobbes2 wrote:

more like mic the trashophone //>.>

[general]

combo colors pls //I have no idea which to use :\

[Normal]

So as a general thing this mapping style looks pretty old to me but it's not unrankable so you don't need to remap or anything. I kinda like it actually.

00:08:636 (5,2) - 5's head and 2's tail dont have the same x and y value which is really noticeable because they're being blanketed by the same object //I want to say that it's not always possible because slidertails may have decimal coords, but in this case it's not and fixed. (I think)

00:18:863 (5,1) - Place 1 more to the right so it's not almost touching 5? //looks perfectly well for me, distance about same as between (6) and (1).

00:19:999 (1,3) - This kind of overlap doesn't look good, should be an easy fix //it wasn't an overlap, there was an 1px distance or something, but I increased it a bit, okay.

00:29:772 (6,7,1,2,3) - While this looks cool and is structured great, the amount of overlaps concerns me because it may be hard to read for a Normal player. //note that I only overlap sliders (if I overlap circles there's nothing following them), they're a lot more visible and should be very readable upon appearing.

00:33:408 (5,6,1,2) - Same problem here. //and this is just one overlap. Of a new combo at that.

00:39:999 (4,5) - Not very intuitive flow for a normal, as players tend to follow sliders literally, making this more of an up and down motion, even if that's not what you intended. //except this is exactly what I intended, listen to the vocals~

00:49:999 (2,4) - Looks like this blanket needs work! //I didn't see a problem there, but tried to do something.

01:14:545 (1,3) - this overlap :V //whoa, that (1) wasn't even symmetrical, redone!

01:54:545 (1) - The start spot on this spinner is kinda vague lol theres not really any sound in the music where it starts so it just feels kinda random //eh, I could say listen to the drums, but it's not really an excuse, I just extend the spin here from the other difficulties and don't want it to be too short.

02:01:136 (4,1) - blanket thingy //mh, looks good enough and I'd need to remake all the following sliders too because they're copied from (1).

02:01:818 (1,2,3,4) - Not the best flow but it might be fine since its a discernible pattern. although I would agree that (4) doesn't follow it..


Alright so rest of map pretty much has the same points above: watch out for any overlaps, blankets, etc, optimize your a e s t h e t i c //tried to do something, but I really only see lots of stuff only when nosed into :(

Like I said before this mapping style may bring up some questions or whatever since its old but I do think its rankable. //I honestly don't know what's so bad you're finding about it..

[Hard]

00:14:545 (1,3) - since these are claps you'd expect a clap at 00:15:454 - but its the middle of a slider :V //changed to normal-hitnormals

00:17:613 (5) - if you're mapping the rhythm properly shouldn't this end on 00:17:840 - and then hit circle 00:17:954 - here? //then I'd need a slider, not a circle on the end, and it makes the rhythm more awkward. This is the compromise I came up with.

00:22:840 (4,5) - this isn't easy to read as a 3/4 gap because its the first one in the song lol, it definitely surprised me //and yet you just suggested to do about the same. Only just noticed that that third slider should be 3/4 and the circle follow it, the gap becoming 1/2. Huge thanks for this one.

00:26:136 (2,3) - Not the strongest flow. Maybe rotate 2 twice and ctrl+G? like this - https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6144135 (even then you can adjust some more) //I suppose, yes.

00:41:818 (1,2,3,4) - I'm not exactly sure what these sliders are being mapped to //(1,2) to the bass, (3) to the rhythm, (4) to the bass again

01:19:999 (1,2,3) - not sure ppl can be expected to react to this sudden 3/2 gap, use a slider instead I think. even with the spacing change its hard to read. //nuh-uh, this is a huge spacing compared to the other parts of the map, plus the ar is high enough to read this.

01:29:999 (3,4) - Looks better without the overlap //fixed, I think..

02:19:999 (1,2,3,4) - Like before I have no clue what these sliders are following...I'd remap this rhythm //and yet it's same :p

02:25:227 (5) - Disagree with this extended slider, powerful sound on the downbeat that should probably be clickable //dunno..

03:10:908 (1,2) - You can blanket these //I did that, just poorly lol

04:11:363 (6,8) - overlap :v //can't do much with this one, sorry :(

yeah just like go through and check through your aesthetics, i dont wanna like ask you to change something thats just your style or whatever so I trust you'd do a better job of inspecting your own aesthetics than I would //mh :(

[Insane]

00:06:136 (4,5,6,7,8) - This star doesn't look tidy to me, did you use ctrl+shift+d for it? //originally yes, but it suffered a lot. Fixed.

00:15:681 (4,1) - one of those bad looking overlaps //fixed the stream

00:32:045 (4,5,6,1) - This just feels randomly placed in a map otherwise full of structure //(3,4,5,6) form a very structured zigzag, and (1) is a new combo.

00:38:181 (1,4) - could you blanket these? would look nicer. Otherwise, just move 4 because its placement there is not good. //(1)'s not visible by the time (4) appears.

Alright I actually think this map could use a remap, the aesthetics are completely outdated, and I don't you can fix this map to be up to the current standards of quality with mods; the Normal and Hard are alright but this one just needs too much work and I think you need to remap it. //I'm not really sure why the map should be up to date with aestetics to be ranked. And I did try a remap, it was turning out actually worse. I'm quite confindent with this version if you ask me.

I hope this mod helped, good luck. PM me in game with any other questions \o/ //Thank you, it did~ Sorry for a delayed response by the way :(
Hobbes2
Well it's not bad it's just old, which some people have problems with. I don't have a problem with it, personally.

On that note, for the insane it's not just that the aesthetics are outdated, the map just doesn't look good imo. Purely my opinion so you can definitely choose to ignore it :P
LinkFeeL
Very Very Very good map, I hope it's will be ranked.
Bonsai

Firmatorenio wrote:

adsf how2get pony maps ranked ._.
by replacing the mp3 with a non-pony song
LinkFeeL
Отэта долгострой.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply