forum

I know my skill is ready to fc 5+ stars, but....

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

fc more.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
dat feel when 20k rankers are already FCing 5 stars all day everyday while i have <5 fcs on 5+ star maps at 7.5k
Vuelo Eluko

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

dat feel when 20k rankers are already FCing 5 stars all day everyday while i have <5 fcs on 5+ star maps at 7.5k
random mashing while also having consistency should be a lot rarer than it is.
ZenithPhantasm

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

Welp 0pp
B1rd
it's a lot easier to fc when you completely disregard accuracy and abuse hit error it its full extent.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Riince wrote:

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

i had to read that like 5 times to understand what i was reading
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

it's a lot easier to fc when you completely disregard accuracy and abuse hit error it its full extent.
i wish it was for me :(
if i get under 96% just fcing is almost impossible for me

well unless its on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/69118 but i got 95% because those streams bpm were way too intense to full 300.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

because I have give up (not actually give up) practice accuracy, so I will just fc harder map and practice accuracy later (whack a mole path)
ZenithPhantasm

Ninonuko wrote:

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

because I have give up (not actually give up) practice accuracy, so I will just fc harder map and practice accuracy later (whack a mole path)
You'll regret it alot later on.
Aqo
whack a mole path has no future

it's easier to fc when you can read accurately and not just spam in the direction of stuff that shows up
even if you find accuracy boring, it still makes you better at hitting stuff, so it's worth to invest in it

don't claim to have the skill to do something when you can't do it
doing that something is the proof of having the skill to do something, and having tried to do that something and having failed to do so is the proof of lack of skill to do it
E m i
Nub1
u mean

nrl

Kheldragar wrote:

Aren't longer songs generally easier than shorter ones of the same star difficulty?
The star rating isn't affected by length, and even if it did longer songs would still be far harder to FC than short songs of the same star rating because of the consistency they require. This is why the overwhelming majority of approved maps have undersaturated scoreboards.

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

And yet they're still 20k and you're still 7.5k.
B1rd

Narrill wrote:

The star rating isn't affected by length, and even if it did longer songs would still be far harder to FC than short songs of the same star rating because of the consistency they require. This is why the overwhelming majority of approved maps have undersaturated scoreboards.
It is, I'm 99% sure. If you have more of the same difficult parts, even if they're the same difficulty, the star rating will increase. For example, go into editor and make some insane bullshit for 3 seconds, it only ends up being like 3 stars.
sayonara_sekai

Riince wrote:

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

i WISH i had the mashing skills to FC maps with 90% acc
E m i

B1rd wrote:

Narrill wrote:

It is, I'm 99% sure. If you have more of the same difficult parts, even if they're the same difficulty, the star rating will increase. For example, go into editor and make some insane bullshit for 3 seconds, it only ends up being like 3 stars.
keep making this insane bullshit longer, and after a certain amount of objects the star rating will stop increasing unless you make it more insane
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Narrill wrote:

I was thinking the star rating was based on the hardest parts of the song so that longer songs had, on average, easier parts scattered through most of them while short TV sizes gave you the full difficulty for 90 seconds or whatever.
B1rd

[ Momiji ] wrote:

keep making this insane bullshit longer, and after a certain amount of objects the star rating will stop increasing unless you make it more insane
yeah, after a certain amount of time.

Kheldragar wrote:

I was thinking the star rating was based on the hardest parts of the song so that longer songs had, on average, easier parts scattered through most of them while short TV sizes gave you the full difficulty for 90 seconds or whatever.
pretty much. well only objects have an effect on star rating (technically not length), with two songs of the same star rating, the shorter one will be a lot more condensed, and the mean difficulty of the longer one will usually be a bit easier as well due to saturation increasing the star rating.
ZenithPhantasm

Adicf wrote:

u mean

DahplA
N E V A G I V E U P!!!
Ichi
This
it's easier to fc when you can read accurately and not just spam in the direction of stuff that shows up
even if you find accuracy boring, it still makes you better at hitting stuff, so it's worth to invest in it
Is what the whole game is about. When you become a good player is actually the moment you realize how important this is, and start investing time in it instead of just playing randomly.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
but I have fun on 5+ stars even I sacrifice acc to get fc, the pattern and a lot of transition single and stream is fun
currently I'm not even close to become a good player

@[ Momiji ], Adicf, ZennithPhantasm, DahplA
thank you

thanks for all replies, ofc
Hydra105
fun is the most important part! Play what you enjoy playing and you'll improve without the stress of constantly worrying if you're improving or not(hint: you are).
Vuelo Eluko

Ichi wrote:

This
Is what the whole game is about. When you become a good player is actually the moment you realize how important this is, and start investing time in it instead of just playing randomly.
i do this but i also play outside my abilities time to time as well.
i thought that was the ideal thing to do
Yuudachi-kun
What do you play, generally?
Vuelo Eluko
4.7-5.3 stars for consistency/accuracy practice and stuff i can barely pass on a good day like https://osu.ppy.sh/s/172546 or https://osu.ppy.sh/s/50373 when i want the struggle, and to practice stuff playing in my comfort zone wont give like better reading when things get faster and more complex, and eventually when it becomes a little easier to play like that, my comfort zone will have increased.

if you arent just mashing through something, even if its out of your ability to read to perfection or keep up with physically, you can only benefit from playing it since you wont lose consistency or accuracy if you play them the same way you play any other map, by following the music and not skipping reading some notes because they happened at a part that was too hard (better to fall behind than to get ahead of yourself).
Yuudachi-kun
What is reading? I still don't know the definition and lots of people seem to use it in different ways.
[-Cloud-]

Kheldragar wrote:

What is reading? I still don't know the definition and lots of people seem to use it in different ways.
Reading is the ability to succesfully see and play the pattern of a map. People with good reading can do stuff like emerald sword as example. My reading sucks and I can't do any star/square/triangle pattern or overlapping shit.
Vuelo Eluko
to me, notes that are increasingly denser, in more complex patterns, and/or come more rapidly require more reading skill to fully process all of them..
Yuudachi-kun

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Reading is the ability to succesfully see and play the pattern of a map. People with good reading can do stuff like emerald sword as example. My reading sucks and I can't do any star/square/triangle pattern or overlapping shit.
Up until recently I thought it was just "see". So if you can see a 230 bpm stream but can't go that fast, that's not reading?
[-Cloud-]
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/20789

Play this and you see what I'm talking about.
Vuelo Eluko

Kheldragar wrote:

Up until recently I thought it was just "see". So if you can see a 230 bpm stream but can't go that fast, that's not reading?
Assuming you know exactly how fast you need your fingers to go in order to do the streams, have the way it sounds either memorized or are just informed well enough by hearing the music and are pushing your fingers to their limit trying to reach it, you are reading it,. im this way with 260bpm, ive heard it so much that i know exactly how fast i have to tap, but I can't actually follow through, despite being able to 'read' it; im literally years away from being able to physically do such a speed with any kind of comfort or for any length

reading comes down to your mental processing and your eyes, whether or not you can physically do it can sometimes differ, especially in cases like the kinds of streams that are very physically intensive but low on complexity/spacing.

Stream speed takes such an incredible amount of practice, it utterly amazes me to see how fast some people have become especially if they can do it for a long time which takes at least 10x as much raw physical ability than bursts.

That said, actually reaching new heights is so incredibly satisfying, your dopamine glands go wild and you struggle to mentally hold onto and remember the movements you did to pull it off, like when i got full 300's on that first 20-note upside-down L shaped stream on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90385
nrl

[-Cloud-] wrote:

and play
Careful with this, playing the pattern is one step past reading.
gregest
hi narrill