forum

I know my skill is ready to fc 5+ stars, but....

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
It almost happen everytime when I near (really near) to fc 5+ stars
My hand (both hand) is resist to move, it really not even move that makes me fail not just combobreak
The most terrible thing is just happened before I post this topic, my hand is stop moving at spinner (it really not even move) lost grip and fail (this have been happened a couple times)
I know mental block is a common problem, but mine seems terrible...
Tari
Just try to focus on that part, mental block can be overcome by putting your all on that.
Yuudachi-kun
Never give up. Except when you've retried a song 10 times, then maybe move to another temporarily.

But at least you didn't FC a 5.1 star song only to hit escape a bit too early after the last spinner and restart the map. 8-)
Nub1
I know dat feel
woqx
Your accuracy is quite low and you have S/SS'ed only 140 maps, that means to me that you're probably not very used to getting full combo. If that's correct, it makes sense that you start getting nervous when you're doing well on a challenging map and end up freezing completely.

I'd suggest FCing a few slightly easier maps to get used to the feeling, but I'd definitely also keep playing maps that are out of your comfort zone.
Aqo
get good
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
How do I get good if I always mess up when I try to break the wall of 5 star?

Kheldragar wrote:

Never give up. Except when you've retried a song 10 times, then maybe move to another temporarily.
I'm not retrying that much, but when I retry the problem is persist...
it's annoying when I know I can fc but my mental hold me back

woqx wrote:

Your accuracy is quite low and you have S/SS'ed only 140 maps, that means to me that you're probably not very used to getting full combo. If that's correct, it makes sense that you start getting nervous when you're doing well on a challenging map and end up freezing completely.

I'd suggest FCing a few slightly easier maps to get used to the feeling, but I'd definitely also keep playing maps that are out of your comfort zone.
I still have many offline fc scores, but maybe it's just not enough
when I almost fc 1000+ combo 5+ stars I think it will be a huge improvement

Thanks for all replies
Yuudachi-kun
Aren't longer songs generally easier than shorter ones of the same star difficulty?

e: Compare https://osu.ppy.sh/b/318294 to https://osu.ppy.sh/b/437377

As a side note the first one I mentioned earlier.
woqx

Kheldragar wrote:

Aren't longer songs generally easier than shorter ones of the same star difficulty?
It really depends on the maps, compare Drop - Granat and The Pretender

I FCd Granat first try and I'm not even close to an FC on The Pretender, yet star rating says Granat is harder.
[-Cloud-]
fc more.
Gumpy
No you don't if you missed you don't have the skill

Play more
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

Gumpyyy wrote:

No you don't if you missed you don't have the skill

Play more
I'm sure I have the skill, because the miss isn't because my reading fault, it's my hand completely stop moving
and it just happen about 0-15 second to the end of the song, it happened a lot
Vuelo Eluko

[-Cloud-] wrote:

fc more.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
dat feel when 20k rankers are already FCing 5 stars all day everyday while i have <5 fcs on 5+ star maps at 7.5k
Vuelo Eluko

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

dat feel when 20k rankers are already FCing 5 stars all day everyday while i have <5 fcs on 5+ star maps at 7.5k
random mashing while also having consistency should be a lot rarer than it is.
ZenithPhantasm

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

Welp 0pp
B1rd
it's a lot easier to fc when you completely disregard accuracy and abuse hit error it its full extent.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Riince wrote:

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

i had to read that like 5 times to understand what i was reading
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

it's a lot easier to fc when you completely disregard accuracy and abuse hit error it its full extent.
i wish it was for me :(
if i get under 96% just fcing is almost impossible for me

well unless its on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/69118 but i got 95% because those streams bpm were way too intense to full 300.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

because I have give up (not actually give up) practice accuracy, so I will just fc harder map and practice accuracy later (whack a mole path)
ZenithPhantasm

Ninonuko wrote:

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

because I have give up (not actually give up) practice accuracy, so I will just fc harder map and practice accuracy later (whack a mole path)
You'll regret it alot later on.
Aqo
whack a mole path has no future

it's easier to fc when you can read accurately and not just spam in the direction of stuff that shows up
even if you find accuracy boring, it still makes you better at hitting stuff, so it's worth to invest in it

don't claim to have the skill to do something when you can't do it
doing that something is the proof of having the skill to do something, and having tried to do that something and having failed to do so is the proof of lack of skill to do it
E m i
Nub1
u mean

nrl

Kheldragar wrote:

The star rating isn't affected by length, and even if it did longer songs would still be far harder to FC than short songs of the same star rating because of the consistency they require. This is why the overwhelming majority of approved maps have undersaturated scoreboards.

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

And yet they're still 20k and you're still 7.5k.
B1rd

Narrill wrote:

The star rating isn't affected by length, and even if it did longer songs would still be far harder to FC than short songs of the same star rating because of the consistency they require. This is why the overwhelming majority of approved maps have undersaturated scoreboards.
It is, I'm 99% sure. If you have more of the same difficult parts, even if they're the same difficulty, the star rating will increase. For example, go into editor and make some insane bullshit for 3 seconds, it only ends up being like 3 stars.
sayonara_sekai

Riince wrote:

x_Co0ki420ezi_x wrote:

i WISH i had the mashing skills to FC maps with 90% acc
E m i

B1rd wrote:

Narrill wrote:

It is, I'm 99% sure. If you have more of the same difficult parts, even if they're the same difficulty, the star rating will increase. For example, go into editor and make some insane bullshit for 3 seconds, it only ends up being like 3 stars.
keep making this insane bullshit longer, and after a certain amount of objects the star rating will stop increasing unless you make it more insane
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Narrill wrote:

I was thinking the star rating was based on the hardest parts of the song so that longer songs had, on average, easier parts scattered through most of them while short TV sizes gave you the full difficulty for 90 seconds or whatever.
B1rd

[ Momiji ] wrote:

keep making this insane bullshit longer, and after a certain amount of objects the star rating will stop increasing unless you make it more insane
yeah, after a certain amount of time.

Kheldragar wrote:

I was thinking the star rating was based on the hardest parts of the song so that longer songs had, on average, easier parts scattered through most of them while short TV sizes gave you the full difficulty for 90 seconds or whatever.
pretty much. well only objects have an effect on star rating (technically not length), with two songs of the same star rating, the shorter one will be a lot more condensed, and the mean difficulty of the longer one will usually be a bit easier as well due to saturation increasing the star rating.
ZenithPhantasm

Adicf wrote:

u mean

DahplA
N E V A G I V E U P!!!
Ichi
This
it's easier to fc when you can read accurately and not just spam in the direction of stuff that shows up
even if you find accuracy boring, it still makes you better at hitting stuff, so it's worth to invest in it
Is what the whole game is about. When you become a good player is actually the moment you realize how important this is, and start investing time in it instead of just playing randomly.
Topic Starter
Ninonuko
but I have fun on 5+ stars even I sacrifice acc to get fc, the pattern and a lot of transition single and stream is fun
currently I'm not even close to become a good player

@[ Momiji ], Adicf, ZennithPhantasm, DahplA
thank you

thanks for all replies, ofc
Hydra105
fun is the most important part! Play what you enjoy playing and you'll improve without the stress of constantly worrying if you're improving or not(hint: you are).
Vuelo Eluko

Ichi wrote:

This
Is what the whole game is about. When you become a good player is actually the moment you realize how important this is, and start investing time in it instead of just playing randomly.
i do this but i also play outside my abilities time to time as well.
i thought that was the ideal thing to do
Yuudachi-kun
What do you play, generally?
show more