forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
-SiN-
greedy and more greedy

KayMemoria
lol the whole 4koma series in that doujin is hilarious. especially the one where suika has tits.
Nexus Reaper
I think it was Reimu that showed Suika a thing or two. Could be wrong. Been awhile since I've read it.
The faces in the fourth panel remind me of the Touhou Academy 4-komas. Those are the shit. *shot for going off-topic*
KayMemoria
Here's something to help you train spinners~

EDIT: too bad it 404'ed. was fun blasting lasers at 500+billion megaton
MLGnom
I didn't know, how the clock can be interesting
http://boxell.jp/clock/
-SiN-

MLGnom wrote:

I didn't know, how the clock can be interesting
http://boxell.jp/clock/
this one is suuuuuuuper boring
Zekira
Not if you haven't seen it before. I totally wasted an hour just watching this!

REMINDER: The thing hasn't loaded up if you don't hear a soundtrack.

Here are some things I arrived at:

Jinxy
Saw the Nazrin one 3 times. Did you get the walfas one?
Zekira
Not yet, even in that hour I wasted lol. There was bit of annoyance with my internet though and thus a Mystia-Cuckoo clock kept animating for like the next 8 times, and I had to refresh the page before it changed lol.
MLGnom
I saw something from Walfas. That was something with "Pet Tenshi".
And yes... sometimes you need to refresh the page D:
LittleMagic_old
hmmm Why is Alice in TH05 much harder than Alice in TH07 in Hard? XD
I just started with TH05 on Hard, failed on Stage 5 because:
Stage 3: I lost 2 lives because of Alice o_O,
Stage 5: Only 1 life left, survived up to Yumeko, Died on the first bullet -_-
Zekira
You're just not used to the 8-bit graphics, I guess. But the speed of things in the PC-98 games are indeed kinda insane compared to 6-9.
rayxdgreatx
Boredom

Ran and her stage is evil.
(especially "Banquet of the 12 gods" and "Shikigami shot")

got killed by the fairies
reason? game lagged while i was grazing

btw, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CRLDxNE ... re=related
sad
Zekira
But TH07 Extra is the easiest Extra Stage...

...you should play that stage a few more 100 times, and you'll see how easy it actually is :)
rayxdgreatx

Zekira wrote:

But TH07 Extra is the easiest Extra Stage...

...you should play that stage a few more 100 times, and you'll see how easy it actually is :)
*bangs head on wall multiple times*

okay, thanks Zekira.

*runs off to get slaughtered again by Ran*

EDIT:
Several instances where my bomb wouldn't come out.

EDIT2:
Always diied on Shikigami's Shot "Extreme Buddhist"
Zekira
Umm, err...

Here have a replay lol: http://replays.gensokyo.org/replays/th7_udZe06.rpy

Did this quickly so it may have some stupid deaths here and there.

Just save it in your TH07 replays folder, and you can watch it.

...or maybe I could also make a replay using whichever character you use? As long as it's not Sakuya-A I can pretty much do it
rayxdgreatx
I use Reimu A... the homing shot...

I have a lot of replays that I downloaded, watched them all the time, but still, sometimes I get stupid deaths like
- "AAH A LARGE WAVE OF BULLETS IS COMING" *presses directional button* *Reimu didn't move* *SPOOON*
- "Okay, this is the final wave yay!" *keyboard malfunctions, character moves to the left and won't do anything else* (have to restart my laptop) *SPOOON*
- "Ahh that bullet hit me!" *SPOO--* *hits bomb button* *..OON* (I still have 3 bombs)
- "I should be fine here" *incoming stealth bullet at high speed* *SPOOON*

...yeah I'm a noob.

and I hit the bomb button out of reflex sometimes. Even if the bullet won't hit me.

but okay, I'll try learning from your replay.
thanks again. :D
-SiN-
thiissss is the worst.. i was wasting my time and quota by downloading this

rayxdgreatx

-SiN- wrote:

thiissss is the worst.. i was wasting my time and quota by downloading this

really? it doesn't look that bad...

EDIT: Animations are meh, no shadows, blocky graphics, etc etc =_=

EDIT2: Well not exactly blocky but... you get what I mean

anyway,

Lybydose

rayxdgreatx wrote:

I use Reimu A... the homing shot...
Don't use ReimuA, use ReimuB! (aka easymode actually that would be Sakuya A)

Here's another replay if you want that too. I believe I captured all but two spellcards (and one of them was Chen's) in this run.
Cyclone
What do you mean Reimu B is easy mode. Reimu B is totally pro at point blank shooting. Point blank shooting is not easy mode.
Lybydose
The easymode Reimu advantages of smaller hitbox, loldeathbomb timer, and slow movespeed, but without the horrible damage output of ReimuA that makes you time out everything.

ReimuB still does a lot of damage even when not firing at point blank.

...I guess cherry rate is also an advantage over ReimuA and the Sakuya shot types; you'll get borders quicker.
Zekira
Sakuya-A sucks serious balls IMO... seriously, her shot type really doesn't make too much sense in terms of practicality D: Competes with Marisa-B for most useless shot type ever.
Mara

rayxdgreatx wrote:

EDIT: Animations are meh, no shadows, blocky graphics, etc etc =_=
GFX doesn't matter in gaming, my friend - unless it makes you to take your pants off.

[/offtopic]
LittleMagic_old

Lybydose wrote:

ReimuA that makes you time out everything.
... which happens to me, when i played Reimu B in TH12 (Homing Amulet) on Hard fighting Nazrin's last Spell in Stage 1 (Hard). I'm shooting her to death -> SHE WON'T DIE! = Timeout ... -.- (xDDD) A not-wanted Timeout, which would be a success, if she had died :P
But her Lunatic Last spell is much easier XD
rayxdgreatx
Weird... for some reason I kill people easier (and faster) with the homing shot than with the focused fire shot.

Subverted in MoF though... *I totally didn't learn "subverted" from tvtropes*
Wiped out Kanako in normal mode. In 1cc.

...and my friend who's not that good in Touhou plays better with SakuyaA than any of the Reimus. :/
LittleMagic_old
OMFG, I never play TH05 on Hard again .________________.
Yuki is kidding me, or?! Her bullets are so fast ... holy sh** :( -> lost 8 bombs, 2 lives (i had 4)
Yumeko... <.< SHE IS MUCH HARDER THAN SAKUYA o_O -> lost all bomb and lives. Fail!

EDIT:
Hmmmm... a weird comparison of TH04 & TH05:
TH04 is very easy to beat XD Yuka lol
TH05 is very hard ... Yuki, Yumeko, Shinki x_x
TH04 Extra: the Stage is not normal o_ô
TH05 Extra is also hard, but seems like the easier one.
Zekira
...and my friend who's not that good in Touhou plays better with SakuyaA than any of the Reimus.
Well I'm used to playing Marisa, so it's a lot different. Reimu's shitspeed already makes me rage, but then Sakuya's whatweirdwtf speed combined with her shot type that doesn't even mesh with her speeds right makes me rage even more; being a Marisa user, my priority is getting the items, which Sakuya kind of horribly fails at doing since she kills things too fast. If Marisa got Sakuya-B's shot type, it would be the ♥♥♥♥♥♥st!
LittleMagic_old
hmpf... so i used a lot of continues to get every Lunatic Stage Practise in TH07 XD (used 4 continues. 2 times because of Youmu + all bombs D:)

I HATE YOU YOUMU, YOU SUCKS WITH YOUR NON SPELL ATTACKS :(

but... I'm a bit disappointed of Youmu's Last Spell ^^"" Difficult haven't change after all, there are only big bullets inclueded, but easy after all <.<
-SiN-
man i'm booooored with touhou shooters
rayxdgreatx
got so far as Ran's survival card today.
(read: hit by the first bullet)

Shikigami "Chen" and Unilateral Contact made me stupidly lose lives.

EDIT:
failreplay ugh... many reflexbombs and stupid deaths
http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=8967

EDIT2:
second try, died earlier.
http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=8968

EDIT3:
I checked Result and found out that I played the extra stage 200 times already.
lawl
Zekira
Shikigami "Chen"
I actually had trouble getting used to this card; I tend to keep on false-alarm bombing because the hitbox of Chen's path is a bit deceiving. Basically if you stay in the middle of the screen, she'll come at you every 3-4 waves, so just move up or down on those, dodging the bullets from 3 directions. Don't bother trying to stream though; you really would want to move entirely out of Chen's path because it's just that deceptive.

Unilateral Contact
This card is seriously gay. I still horribly fail at this many times, and somehow Yukari's version of this card looks easier lol. I think I only captured this twice or thrice out of the 40 times that I encountered this card already.
rayxdgreatx

Zekira wrote:

Shikigami "Chen"
I actually had trouble getting used to this card; I tend to keep on false-alarm bombing because the hitbox of Chen's path is a bit deceiving. Basically if you stay in the middle of the screen, she'll come at you every 3-4 waves, so just move up or down on those, dodging the bullets from 3 directions. Don't bother trying to stream though; you really would want to move entirely out of Chen's path because it's just that deceptive.
It was really hard to focus on both the bullets and Chen...

Zekira wrote:

Unilateral Contact
This card is seriously gay. I still horribly fail at this many times, and somehow Yukari's version of this card looks easier lol. I think I only captured this twice or thrice out of the 40 times that I encountered this card already.
Agreed

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=8976

Izuna Gomen
LittleMagic_old
Shikigami "Chen"
xD 2nd easiest Spell of Ran :P If Chen comes down, you went up, if Chen comes up, you went down :P Best way would be, if you're on the middle of the stage~ (Like Zekira said ^^)

The Surviving spell sucks most in all extra :(
Zekira
It was really hard to focus on both the bullets and Chen...
Actually, I find that I don't need to concentrate on both. Hell I don't even concentrate on Chen much, actually.

Oh and yeah it actually becomes one of Ran's easiest cards later.

Izuna Gomen
...what.
rayxdgreatx

Zekira wrote:

Izuna Gomen
...what.
Izuna Gongen

lawl. I didn't focus much on the card name and spelled it wrong.

trying again later today. how do I keep Ran fixed in the same place like in some replays? o_o
Zekira
how do I keep Ran fixed in the same place like in some replays?
Uh...? That only happens on certain cards you know. Most of the time she really moves. I for one hand can say I can track her position down though; since almost all of her attacks just require streaming, you can pretty much follow her easily by just looking at the bottom of the screen lol.
rayxdgreatx

Zekira wrote:

how do I keep Ran fixed in the same place like in some replays?
Uh...? That only happens on certain cards you know. Most of the time she really moves. I for one hand can say I can track her position down though; since almost all of her attacks just require streaming, you can pretty much follow her easily by just looking at the bottom of the screen lol.
Certain cards... I was talking about Izuna Gongen. In some replays people stay on a part of the bottom right of the screen, and Ran shot bullets like crazy but none of them ever hit, lol.
Zekira
...oh, I think it's that gay safe spot thingy or something. I don't know where it is, but I've heard it's to the right though (? All I know is Yukari's is in the left)
Arusha Shuna
so yeah, i started to play touhou danmaku few weeks ago (rarely though, too much osu! and irl =_=)
started with TH07 easy (bad start >_> what do you expect from a beginner anyways) no continues used though...
cleared on 2nd try ReimuB :X, not bad for a beginner

normal was too much for me, youmu raped my lives after saving some :o

bored to death i went on TH12 (bad jump...), now even easy raped me to death... FAST :(
now what are those UFO's are for? does the colors difference affect anything?
(also you touhou people said 1 CC, what does that mean?)
show more