The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
GenoClysm
touhou gud
very good
Rio-
I Played Touhou Project since 3 weeks ago, and I got addicted to Play It.
Yep, Even the Arts in the Games is a little bad, but still I love Danmakus-Genre Game 8-)
Zerostarry

MetalGearSnake wrote:

Good job on capturing Kogasa's third spellcard. I always end up bombing and dying during that attack. Are the lasers aimed randomly or is there a pattern?
-Stay on the very bottom
-Be under her as much as possible. The longer you take on the card, the harder it gets

I think Kogasa's second card is harder than any of Nue's spells from what I've seen
Pizzicato
some major changes on 13.5 1.10b patch i heard
Apex_old
Touhou Fortress 2:

Scout: Remilia Scarlet
Young appearance and aggressive personality.

Soldier: Cirno
She is not clever, and just pretend those icicles she launches are rockets

Pyro: Marisa Kirisame
She specializes in light and heat magic.

Demoman: Utsuho Reiuji
Explosive launcher at her right hand and that red eye at her chest.

Heavy: Flandre Scarlet
She has the power to destroy any thing she sees

Engineer: Hieda no Akyuu
She has photographical memory.

Medic: Hijiri Sanbyakuren
Her peaceful behaviour fits it well.

Sniper: Aya Shameimaru
She shoots people with her camera and gets money for it

Spy: Izayoi Sakuya
Silver knife, that elegant demeanour and dead ringer
Jinxy
Apex_old
That was only intended to be a drawing on Deviantart or so
Dexxon
Why nobody talk about PC98s ?
Yoishi

Dexxon wrote:

Why nobody talk about PC98s ?
I played some SoEW today. I've wanted to try scoring in the Extra stage for a while, so finally got around to unlocking it.

Dumie
i was just wondering that can i just jump to a random game and start playing and figure out whats going on in the story or are they all related to each other and that id have to play in series to understand the plot o3oll
Yasen Baka

Dumie wrote:

i was just wondering that can i just jump to a random game and start playing and figure out whats going on in the story or are they all related to each other and that id have to play in series to understand the plot o3oll
There isn't a main plot in Touhou. Each game has its own story and don't really have a connection to one another, so you can pretty much start on any Touhou game. However, there will be some characters that have appeared in the previous games (mainly final bosses) making their appearances again on later games. I recommend you just start with Touhou Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
Dumie

MetalGearSnake wrote:

Dumie wrote:

There isn't a main plot in Touhou. Each game has its own story and don't really have a connection to one another, so you can pretty much start on any Touhou game. However, there will be some characters that have appeared in the previous games (mainly final bosses) making their appearances again on later games. I recommend you just start with Touhou Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.
haha thanks :D i got overwhelmed for a sec when i saw so many games but im all set ^^
DarkDunskin
Only 4 days until TH14 will be released *-*
I'm kinda excited.
CeReBrawl
Oh yea thats right! i cant wait to play the full game :D
I hope the stages and the music will be as good as what the demo offered.
<3 stage 3 boss
Yasen Baka
Watch the fanbase get right into with the fanart once the new characters have become known.
Pizzicato
DEE DEE CEE
Zerostarry
ITS OUT

I game over in stage 5 and now I have to go to driving school NOOOOO :(
Jinxy
stage 5 and stage 6 gimmicks

i cant

I really should have tried the demo, it was my first playthrough and Sekibanki completely ate me with her head lasers. I know the method to dodge it, but with all the other blue bullets it just blanks out. At this point I rage-Easy'd. Imaizumi didn't really pose a problem though.

The Stg4 Tsukumos were ok, but I fucked up a few times, no thanks to curvy lasers

oh my fucking god Stg 5 screen reversal. I totally called it when I saw what was happening to the BG, but fuck

Stg6... I lost way too much hearts at the midboss for some reason, and the large hitbox gimmick completely floored my last continue
DarkDunskin
Yep in comparison to TH13 the new game is much harder ^^"
I needed 3 three trys to 1CC Reimu B on Normal.
That nasty Dwarf really got me~

Last Boss battle was brilliant but the Extra Stage disappointed me a bit.
Raiko's Theme song is not as half as catchy like lol EVERY Ex-Boss Song before.
Zerostarry
just 1cc'ed the game first try after i got home

oh my god that was such a cool game 8-)
Ruidoso

Pizzicato wrote:

HOLY DEUCE, OMG
CeReBrawl
Wow this Toho game is so hard. Way harder than Ten desires.
I managed to get to stage 5 boss. What the.. i dont even...
Yasen Baka
I managed to 1cc DDC on my first try on normal mode. Oh my Tenshi, that was one tough game. I was misled by the demo since the first three stages weren't all that difficult, at least for normal mode. Then came stage 4, the dreaded stage 4 of all Touhou games. And then there's stage 5, where you have enemies that fire danmaku from the bottom! The boss itself was certainly the most challenging part of this stage with her horrifying screen manipulation. I just didn't even bother with her spellcards and bombed my way through since I was panicking. The final boss was awesome. It's been a while since we had a final boss with a survival spellcard since Kaguya.
DarkDunskin
I'm quite curious just how the story goes.
Hope they'll translate that game soon~
Jinxy
Well, after playing it and reading the character bios, I think I have a theory of it.

SPOILER
Seija Kijin(S5 Boss) is a troublemaker who wishes to "turn Gensokyo upside-down" with chaos and ruin the current balance where the strong rule. She finds out that the Lucky Mallet is in Shinmyoumaru Sukuna's (S6 Boss) possession, as she's a descendant of Issun-bōshi, so she persuades Shinmyoumaru to make some sort of wish with the Mallet (that might be strengthening the youkai and making them berserk) so they can take revenge. However the Mallet has a price for its use. (Might be empowering the heroines' weapons). S1-S4 bosses seem to be affected by the wish, but not directly related to the incident.

Raiko Horikawa (EX Boss) is a Drum Tsukumogami which was affected by the wish. She was empowered and given anger, but knew the effects would only last until the Mallet's effects end, so she decided to dispose of her original drum-body with the Mallet's power and use an Outside World drumkit so she would still keep her powers even after the Mallet stopped the wish. She then taught the method to the other tsukumogami, including the Tsukumos (S4 Bosses and EX midbosses).
Rio-

MetalGearSnake wrote:

screen manipulation.
Really Troublesome for Me! Just Downloaded the Game about 12 Hours ago, and still can't 1cc the game in Normal (Always Retrying in Stage 4 after 2 Plays, Dem' Music-Note Bullets) :(
Pizzicato

TAIKO VER NOW
Rio-

Pizzicato wrote:

TAIKO VER NOW
Someone Who want to created or Modified Touhou Project Skin for osu!... Use Raiko as the New Pippidon in Taiko :D
Jinxy
Managed my very first 1cc on Reimu B. On Easy, but still.

Oh god Shinmyoumaru is so frigging tiny in the epilogue
Aoko
I just started playing Touhou this week or so, and I finally passed normal (all continues used ;w;) on Perfect Cherry Blossom.

I want some tips to become a better player (e.g; how to dodge bullets easier, etc.)
Anyone?

Currently playing: EoSD and Imperishable Night (gonna dl more soon) ♥ I love Touhou
Rio-

Aoko wrote:

I want some tips to become a better player (e.g; how to dodge bullets easier, etc.)
Anyone?
Quick Guide, I'm learning to Play Touhou from This (But still can't 1cc in Normal mode, but still A Great Guide though)...
Aoko

satriobp wrote:

Aoko wrote:

Anyone?
Quick Guide, I'm learning to Play Touhou from This (But still can't 1cc in Normal mode, but still A Great Guide though)...
Thank you ;w; ♥♥♥ And I love using Sakuya (and Remilia, Marisa...Meh. All of them~) too. ♥♥♥
Rio-

Aoko wrote:

I love using Sakuya (and Remilia, Marisa...Meh. All of them~) too. ♥♥♥
You mean Reimu? Well, In DDC... I didn't use Sakuya that much ( I'm sticked with using Marisa A or Marisa with Her Flame-Thrower... Much Easier for Me )... You'll be troubled If You're using Sakuya in DDC, consider after Stage 4 to Last Boss... You'll find many Blue Danmakus firing at You which will make Your Job harder because Sakuya's Cloth is Blue and Match Color with that Blue Danmakus (But I'm still can't Neglecting Her, I'm feeling sad You know that :( )
DarkDunskin
Plus Sakuya's Bombs don't do any damage on the Enemy.
Though the shield protection from Sakuya A's Bomb is nice to get used to the new spellcards.
Rio-

DarkDunskin wrote:

Plus Sakuya's Bombs don't do any damage on the Enemy.
But It had the Same Power like Supernatural-Border in TH7... Still helpful though
Jinxy

"I wanna be the Miko" the game
Yasen Baka
Bump

Finally managed to complete UFO on Hard difficulty. Had to use 100+ continues for Stage 4, 5 and 6. Seriously, those stages were way too damn hard.
Pizzicato
so we're running a 12.3 tournament on our continent/region :D
Lybydose
SakuyaA is so broken omg
Pizzicato

Lybydose wrote:

SakuyaA is so broken omg
she gives a pretty low score compared to marisa
show more