forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
[MizuIroPettanKo]
does touhou fighting games count? i only play Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for danmaku.. in normal difficulty... >.< but i did play Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Hisoutensoku on lunatic difficulty >w<
Exerion

[MizuIroPettanKo] wrote:

does touhou fighting games count? i only play Embodiment of Scarlet Devil for danmaku.. in normal difficulty... >.< but i did play Scarlet Weather Rhapsody and Hisoutensoku on lunatic difficulty >w<
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2020340
Shiro
I just tested the new touhou fighter and I don't get it at all. It looks like they removed all the mechanics that made IaMP and soku fun. Waiting for a full download with english translation though.
Icyteru

Shiro wrote:

I just tested the new touhou fighter and I don't get it at all. It looks like they removed all the mechanics that made IaMP and soku fun. Waiting for a full download with english translation though.
just takes a while to get used to
SgtSiro
I always lose in the final level (sometimes earlier -_-) of EoSD in hard.. i started it like that and i'm too prideful to go back D':
Yoishi
I started Playing EoSD today, going to be working on a Lunatic clear with Marisa A. Spent about 2 hours on it, stages 3 & 4 need a lot of work, the furthest I managed to get was the stage 5 midboss.
Zerostarry
I'm new to Touhou games. Been a secondary for years until now!

I almost 1cc Ten Desires normal, now i'm working on MoF. But I can't get past Stage 4. Even if I run perfect up to that point, I will always game over at Stage 4. Momiji and the stage in general are too hard!
H_Hitachiin
I feel slightly alone considering my first Touhou game was HRtP :(
Xanaehla
I only play The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil I'm still not done yet
Aoriki
So, is anyone planning on going to Anime Weekend Atlanta? Cause the guest of Honor is non other then ZUN him self. (True Story)
H_Hitachiin

Aoriki wrote:

So, is anyone planning on going to Anime Weekend Atlanta? Cause the guest of Honor is non other then ZUN him self. (True Story)
Depends on if I have time. I want an autograph from ZUN though XD
Dai
I wish I can go there orz
CruzadoqL
Hisoutensoku ftw
This is an online match between me (utsuho) and a ctb player called Harp Note (yuyuko)

We have customized the background music, we only have Demetori and metal covers from the original ZUN music in the game 8-)
We aren't pro, just play for fun :)
You only needs hamachi and internet, lol
If you want to play hisoutensoku with us, send me a pm and we will add you to the network.

cya :)
Zerostarry

Subterannean Animism is so hard orz...

But that stage 5 theme hnng <333
Stefan
First Place Orz.

This player seems to be good.
Jakkufurosuto

Princess wrote:

Normal D:
Zerostarry

Jakkufurosuto wrote:

Princess wrote:

Normal D:
It's my 3rd week playing the games, I 1cc'd TD and IN so far (on normal)
fsvgm777
Apologies for the bump, but...

I managed to reach Stage 5 in UFO on Normal with ReimuA just now. In fact, I almost reached Shou before getting a game over.

I've 1cc'd the following games on Normal:
PoDD with all characters
LLS with MarisaB
EoSD with MarisaA
PCB with ReimuB
MoF with ReimuB
SA with ReimuA

Yeah... not a terribly long list.
Petya_old
Tasofro released the web demo of TH13.5, it can be downloaded from their site.

It has some new features compared to the cd demo sold at the comiket:

New stage: Human village (which is Marisa's stage in this game), spectators are the Eientei crew, Suika, Yuugi, Rinnosuke and some humans from the village.
Faith system now actually has an effect on gameplay.
Added Netplay

In other news there was a livestream with Zun about his own beer recipe where at one point he said that he's mostly done with 'his game' (which probably means he's not speaking about TH13.5, but still he didn't say it outright it's TH14) so he'll release the demo at Reitaisai 10 (may 26) and the full version at comiket 84 (aug 12). Knowing Zun he'll only make an official announcement about this only two weeks before the release.
Zerostarry

Petya wrote:

Tasofro released the web demo of TH13.5, it can be downloaded from their site.

It has some new features compared to the cd demo sold at the comiket:

New stage: Human village (which is Marisa's stage in this game), spectators are the Eientei crew, Suika, Yuugi, Rinnosuke and some humans from the village.
Faith system now actually has an effect on gameplay.
Added Netplay

In other news there was a livestream with Zun about his own beer recipe where at one point he said that he's mostly done with 'his game' (which probably means he's not speaking about TH13.5, but still he didn't say it outright it's TH14) so he'll release the demo at Reitaisai 10 (may 26) and the full version at comiket 84 (aug 12). Knowing Zun he'll only make an official announcement about this only two weeks before the release.
:OOOOOO

1cc list: (all normal)
TD: ReimuA
IN: Reimu & Yukari
SA: ReimuA
UFO: SanaeB
MoF: MarisaB (using glitch .-.)
Kurangceret
I hope byaruken is playable.
fsvgm777
I'm pretty sure Byakuren will be playable in the full release. From the game's opening movie (translation copied from the Touhou Wiki):
But in Gensokyo, there were the religious
whose occupations were to satisfy the hearts that had been lost.

The monk who has built a temple in Gensokyo

The Taoist who abandoned the material world and aims for immortality

And the shrine maiden who seeks reinstatement.

I'm 99.9% certain the monk in question is Byakuren and the Taoist in question is Toyosatomimi no Miko. The shrine maiden in question is, of course, Reimu.
Petya_old
So Hopeless Masquarade full version will be released at Restaisai 10 which is may 26.

Well that was faster than I expected, this either means it will be a smaller IaMP sized game or the reveal was deep into the development.

And apparently Tasofro now says the recommended CPU for the game is an i7......what. The demo runs at a stable 60fps with all the graphical settings turned on on my dual-core 2.8ghz

With the release of the Touhou 14 demo(hopefully Zun will reveal if it's 14 or a decimal game in the radio interview tomorrow) this will be some fine Reitaisai.
Zerostarry
Probably around 6-9 characters

Reimu, Marisa
Ichirin, Byakuren
Futo, Miko, Seiga

edit: I really hope 14 will be harder and more... polished.

To me, nothing comes close to IN in replayability and enjoyment, the last spells are a killer, to unlock and to clear. There's just so many things to unlock, i'll never be done with IN. Other games like UFO and SA I feel are too one dimensional. There's the game and stage practice, but that's it.
Petya_old
I honestly think there wasn't anything wrong with 13 it's just with this particular gimmick goes only this far. However it's completely true that somehow it's not as fun as the others.

Scoring could be fun but how you have to kill enemies early to drop grey items AND try to connect with other enemy groups that never come at the right time that would be just to much planning for me. (I still find th12's scoring more annoying especially when a UFO decides to leave a second early ruining your run)

About it's difficulty I still want to say it's harder than 6,7, 8 and maybe 10 but mostly because how annoying and gimmicky the Yoshika (so you have a wall you want to pass, than these lasers to slip through AND collect blue orbs so she won't heal herself) and Seiga (having a Yoshika in my face creeping toward me while I want fight someone else is annoying ) fight is.

Imperishable Night without a question has the most fun scoring gimmick of all, it's just so fun to play recklessly for score and it's actually fun to experiment with which one is better playing unfocused for 3x graze or focused for time. PCB is second best only because I know the cherry border can be timed but it just need so much precision.
Yoishi
Has it actually been confirmed that we'll get a new demo (Touhou 14) at Reitaisai? I really hope so :) a new Phantasmagoria maybe? it's been a while since the last one and there's enough characters for it, I'm still hoping for a traditional one, even though I do love the vs ones.

About TD, if you're new to STGs it would probably be harder than some of the others in the series, because you need to know the game quite well (how to fill trance quicker, best places to use trance for more life/bomb fragments) to get more resources, where as getting a lot of resources in the earlier games comes more naturally, but the bullet patterns in TD aren't as hard (overall that it, there's still some tricky ones) so if you've been playing the other games in the series a lot the lack of resources won't be as much of a problem.

IN is my favorite in the series too. I play as Netherworld team & try to score, but Hard & Lunatic I still need to focus on survival a lot. :lol:
Petya_old
The only thing said by Zun is that the new game's demo at Reitaisai and full version at Comiket. He didn't say the number or type of the game or when he'll actually announce it.
People are hoping to get some info from Zun at the radio interview today (24th).

Back to difficulty:
Why I'm having trouble with doing a hard 1cc with the rest of the characters on TD is a mystery especially since I got the hard 1cc with Reimu on the first time I tried.
Dai
looks like there's a silhouette of a new character here
Petya_old
Based on the floating objects behind her the best theory so far is that it's going to be the actual Bishamonten.
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%AB:Jikoji_tamonten.JPG

It would set up some very interesting interaction with Byakuren's group, especially Shou who's an avatar of Bishamonten
Zerostarry
I have no idea if this is real or not.

edit: I think its fake.
Moriya Suwako

Petya wrote:

The only thing said by Zun is that the new game's demo at Reitaisai and full version at Comiket. He didn't say the number or type of the game or when he'll actually announce it.
People are hoping to get some info from Zun at the radio interview today (24th).

Back to difficulty:
Why I'm having trouble with doing a hard 1cc with the rest of the characters on TD is a mystery especially since I got the hard 1cc with Reimu on the first time I tried.
I wanna buy the full version for playing as well as collection ;w;
But I have no idea if I can go to Comiket this year...maybe I can only buy it through amazon. :?
Jinxy

Princess wrote:

I have no idea if this is real or not.

http://puu.sh/2HUr7.png

edit: I think its fake.
it's not real, think someone said it was an OC from pixiv
Petya_old
The only speculation fuel we have so far is the outlines of the final boss on the cover as usual:

This art actually looks like a Zun art to me for some reason when I know it's not.
(Credit to the people made this picture from the cover)
Dai
Hopeless Masquerade release date confirmed
it will be released at Reitaisai 10
Petya_old
Manpuku jinja is making a new full episode animation for Reitaisai.
The first one was the PCB episode, this time it looks like it will be the EoSD episode.
Fortunately it looks like lot of characters from other games will make an appearance.
Kurangceret

epicness will never stop!
fsvgm777

In which I play the web trial of Hopeless Masquerade. (I recommend watching in YouTube itself, since the commentary might be difficult to read... unless there's a way to make the video player 640x360.)
Moriya Suwako

Petya wrote:

Manpuku jinja is making a new full episode animation for Reitaisai.
The first one was the PCB episode, this time it looks like it will be the EoSD episode.
Fortunately it looks like lot of characters from other games will make an appearance.
I'm looking forward to the animation! :D
Petya_old
Hopeless Masquarade webdemo updated to rev2.
-fixed directx9 support so now the game doesn't have broken graphics on WinXP
-improved netcode
-gameplay balances and tweaks
Rouward
I'm not sure if there's a way to play online via direct IP. I can play this on LAN, but I wanna try online if possible.
show more