forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cyrith_old
I finished th7 on hard yesterday, I only had to use 3 continues... and slowdown... but I still feel accomplished :D.
H_Hitachiin

Cyrith wrote:

I finished th7 on hard yesterday, I only had to use 3 continues... and slowdown... but I still feel accomplished :D.
Nice job,still can't get past Remilia on lunatic. :?
Cyrith_old
Last time i attempted to Remilia I failed on her final spellcard on normal. Then I tried again lost 2 lives to Cirno, nope.jpg, and left it for another time.
InabaYap
I started playing osu! because of touhou music :)
I 1CC'ed most games on normal, as well as EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, and TD on hard.
For Extra Bosses I managed to clear Flandre, Ran, Mokou, Suwako, Koishi, and Mamizou.

Any tips for Nue? I somehow find UFO's extra stage hardest although its said to be one of the easier ones. :o
Cyrith_old

InabaYap wrote:

I started playing osu! because of touhou music :)
I 1CC'ed most games on normal, as well as EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, and TD on hard.
For Extra Bosses I managed to clear Flandre, Ran, Mokou, Suwako, Koishi, and Mamizou.

Any tips for Nue? I somehow find UFO's extra stage hardest although its said to be one of the easier ones. :o
I'm not quite up to the extra stages yet, but on a slightly related note: NUE KICK http://youtu.be/5hj1YcWoy1U
Blue Stig

Cyrith wrote:

NUE KICK
WRIGGLE SUE
DarkDunskin
I'm still praying for Shinki to have a come-back in Hopeless Masquerade T-T
cokeshawty
Been thinking. Should I start playin it or not?
Aoriki
I need to go back to Touhou. But I think I'm more worried about the stupid rave we're having at the local con here...the theme is Touhou /face palm/
Nitori

DarkDunskin wrote:

I'm still praying for Shinki to have a come-back in Hopeless Masquerade T-T
Shinki has about a tenth of the chance of coming back as Mima does. And that's already minuscule. It's not something I would hope that much about.

But speaking of Hopeless Masquerade, I am looking forward to the changes they make. It looks completely brand new, which will be lots of fun. AndIhopeNitorigetsinthegametoosinceshewassupposedtobeinsoku.
Toki Hakurei
InabaYap
@Nue Kick: Watched the exact same video before, but I didn't even reach the second phase the only time I faced the spell. But why is Wriggle Kick original when many bosses before PCB can smack you in the face as well? xD

Speaking of Shinki, I find it fishy that Hopeless Masquerade(TH13.5) is "Shinkirou" which is a pun to mirage.
H_Hitachiin
I wish that ZUN put Rin in one of the Touhou games >.<
DarkDunskin
That fandmade Touhou "Marine Benefit" is much too hard for me :/
BCI
Erina
I can barely even 1CC Normal mode in most game...

And then you have the incredibly brutal TH11 and TH12 that make me ragequit almost every few seconds. Those huge bullets...and Byakuren's final spell...

But I came so close to beating Touhou 13's Extra Stage. But then I got addicted to osu. And yeah. :P
Iku Acme
Love the series, shows no mercy for players
I'm ultra masochistic btw. 8-)
jcdizon416
It would be awesome if Nitori and Koishi somehow managed to get into Hopeless Masquerade. Nitori has a high chance since she was supposed to be in 12.3, not sure about Koishi...
Stupid Yoshi
Touhou project is hard for me...Sometimes I just read mangas because I simpely love touhou characters.
DarkDunskin
Wooow, woooow, woooooow!

That Screenshot!
I can clearly see some familiar faces here!
Hmm Let's see: Remilia, Patchy, Sakuya propably...
Dammit, teh Master Spark covers everything else :<

EDIT:
Woaaaaah! Look at the Charackters at the bottom right!
It looks definitly like Ran and maybe the person next to her is... is this really Flandre o.0

EDIT2:
Naaawww, this is more likely Chen...isn't it?

EDIT3:
That Girl in Red and white behind Patchy, she looks like Yumeko to me.
But if that is really Yumeko, I'd bet for sure that Shinki will have an appearence in this Game as well T-T
Cyclone
ZUN probably had them take a picture exactly like that on purpose just for speculation. It's more than likely just a fairy maid, just like the other maid standing over there. That being said I can't 100% deny that possibility. Just the probability.
Elisha_old

Neo@lex wrote:

Loginer wrote:

I wonder what a Touhou would be like in 3D... o_o
O.o
O___O"
Never mind. ;_;
maybe it would be something like space harrier:

except deadly, with A LOT more enemies, and enemy bullets.

Wooooooooow.... A space harrier reference in the osu! Forums... Never thought I'd see the day

By the way, is there a way to get a touhou (idk if I spelled that right) game for free? If not, should I just buy eXceed or something?
Cyclone
eXceed 3rd is amazing and you should get it regardless :)

Also I'm just gonna drop this here.
Moriya Suwako
Well...I found that "Touhou Hisōtensoku ~ Chōdokyū Ginyoru no Nazo wo Oe" is really attractive to those who love fighting games.
I have played this game for three months, and it's hard for me...The method of defense is really different from Super Smash Bros, a series of games release by Nintendo. So it's hard for me to get used to defend.
Petya_old
I almost did a hard 1cc on Subterranean Animism just one day after getting my very first ever hard 1cc in a Touhou game (Ten Desires).

And the sad thing is I missed out on an extra life just before the game over because a sun bullet perfectly covered the last fragment so I couldn't pull it in with focus.
Dai

Cyclone wrote:

eXceed Also I'm just gonna drop this here.
YES!!
Petya_old
New Hopeless Masquerade video (opening + 1 round match)

DarkDunskin
Aww, it really was just a fairy Maid.
This is kinda disappointing.
I hope at least the other visible Characters will be playable and not just act like an audience.
Dai
0:42 - Shou, Byakuren, Miko, Futo, Unzan.
H_Hitachiin

What's the word over the bombs and lives?
Zekira
^ "Nullity"

(misspelling intentional)
H_Hitachiin
^ Sounds interesting.
Petya_old
Recommended specs for the Hopeless Masquerade demo:
WinXP, Vista, 7
Intel Core2Duo 2.6GHz or above
1GB ram
Video Card with shader model 2.0 and 512MB vram (they mention onboard graphics may not work)
200MB free disk space
Professor Prinny
Those moments when you see a spellcard do something that you have little chance of escaping from... Got to hate them indeed, especially if they are long survival spell cards.

Anyway, anyone know what characters other than Reimu and Marisa are going to be in Hopeless Masquerade?
Jinxy

Looking around Tumblr, found a few of these

EDIT: Oh hey, the demo. Downloading now to check

EDIT2: Yep, works.

Things I've learnt so far:
On Time Out, the winner it the one with more % under the lifebar (popularity?), and not the life itself.
The bottom part of each character is different, Marisa has some 3-star thing that seem to change her moves to stronger versions, Ichirin has a rage mode(?), Reimu has a bunch of yin-yang orbs that do something(???).
BCI

H_Hitachiin wrote:

What's the word over the bombs and lives?
>Imperishable Night
>Yuyuko
u're so pro sir

and also y u all no OMG C83 TH13.5 OMG ASDSDAASSAD
Ekoro

BCI wrote:

and also y u all no OMG C83 TH13.5 OMG ASDSDAASSAD
<- waiting for TH14
Jinxy
The only thing I'm interested in is the whole roster and their new character portraits, maybe the storyline. Fighting games are far from my thing.
Coro
The % bar thing is audience appeal, and determines the winner in event of time out.
And apparently 13.5 runs on IaMP's spell system with SWR's deck system.

Ichirin has a badass portrait art. Also, Unzan's hitboxes are ridiculous.
inb4 BROKEN
Pizzicato
i just watched the 13.5 gameplay. Me and my mates didn't like it
12.3's better
show more