forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Petya_old
New official Touhou fighting game announced by Tasogare Frontier (makers of the previous fighting games)

TH13.5 東方心綺楼 ~ Hopeless Masquerade

New engine, new graphics, new gameplay and probably higher system requirements because it looks like it'll be in HD (720p)
Pereira006

Petya wrote:

New official Touhou fighting game announced by Tasogare Frontier (makers of the previous fighting games)

TH13.5 東方心綺楼 ~ Hopeless Masquerade

New engine, new graphics, new gameplay and probably higher system requirements because it looks like it'll be in HD (720p)
i will miss old sprite :(
Pizzicato

soon.
WillTai
I never really got into the spin-offs of Touhou haha. I've played a few times but that was it.
Juuryoushin
Really useless but...it fits with this topic, i suppose.
I tried to survive against the "GENGETSU RAPE TIME" phase in LLS's Extra. (if you don't know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0FkEZXVqjk&feature=plcp )

It's obviously, a TRUE EPIC FAIL.

WillTai

Didou wrote:

Really useless but...it fits with this topic, i suppose.
I tried to survive against the "GENGETSU RAPE TIME" phase in LLS's Extra. (if you don't know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0FkEZXVqjk&feature=plcp )

It's obviously, a TRUE EPIC FAIL.

Oh my eyes! The bullets are soooo fast. I'd probably die in a second lol.
Kurangceret
Teach me how to pass Orin ._. . She is the best troll cat ever :( .
Gabi
Some gameplay released

Demo will most likely be released around C83, wooo
Cyclone
so much flight.
Dai
I heard that Twilight Frontier is going to release Hopeless Masquerade in Comiket 83. However he did not give any more specific details or whether the release is going to be a trial version or a full version. :/
Petya_old

lufi10 wrote:

I heard that Twilight Frontier is going to release Hopeless Masquerade in Comiket 83. However he did not give any more specific details or whether the release is going to be a trial version or a full version. :/

The version released dec 31 at comiket 83 will be a demo. (some people said the text at the end of the trailer mentions it's a demonstration version)

About the trailer: I really like what I see, seems like there's no free flying around the screen, instead there's a flight height and you can jump up and jump down but pulled back to flight height by 'gravitation'.
Basically it kinda works like if it was ground based only now you can jump under attacks not just over them.
At least that's my first impression from the trailer.

btw U2 Akiyama and the person who plays the violin still delivers as usual.
Shiro

Gabi wrote:

Some gameplay released

I'm not even going to bother downloading it, I really don't like this
Keichirou

Shiro wrote:

Gabi wrote:

Some gameplay released

I'm not even going to bother downloading it, I really don't like this
Because they are flying?
Gabi
Well to be fair it's not really a normal touhou fightan right now (have to see for myself how graze and special attacks works when game is out), this game looks completely different compared to IaMP/SWR/Soku.

However it does look exciting, i love the wall and ground bounce combos. While i would have preferred a normal touhou fightan, i'm OK with this for now. We'll have to see when the demo is released at next comiket :)
Shiro

Keichirou wrote:

Because they are flying?
Mainly, yeah. I'm too used to the IaMP/soku systems where everything is based on the ground. They also changed the spirit system which was the reason why I liked these two fighters much more than any other.
DEATHNINJAL
finaly,perfect cherry blossom on lunatic,5 lives,1 continue xD
Pizzicato
finally a touhou game with a widescreen support /o/
Keichirou

Pizzicato wrote:

finally a touhou game with a widescreen support /o/
I just realized that...
Pokebis
The game looks pretty, but, from that gameplay trailer, I can't honestly see it being very fun. I could be wrong, but it seems like the focus on flying isn't executed very well in a way that could cause the game to become bland and repetitive very quickly.
H_Hitachiin
Beat every game starting from TH06 to TH13(Lunatic >.< )
Still getting used to the controls for the fighting... :(
ZeroEightOne
My #2 best game ever (I have TH6 - TH13 (some of these have English Patch)) (#1 is osu!) , sometimes too much bullets on screen slow down my PC
Azure_Kite
But that usually actually helps you play better :p

It's a good thing the game records how long (or how much of the game was played) running below normal fps.
rickyboi

Gabi wrote:

Some gameplay released

I am so ready for AIR FOOTSIES. I am also going to make a combo video 1 week after the release. That'll give me enough time to explore this game.
Nanael_old
I didn't expect the sprites to be this tall, looks actually pretty. I really liked SWR/Hisouten battle system though, and this looks nothing like that...
Tesu
i played that game , rickyboi :)
Foxxu
Touhou is epic! I am just a beginner if it comes to Touhou, but I'm working hard to be a good Touhou player!
I only have Touhou 6 now... I wish I could download Touhou 13, but MediaFire is restricted by Parental Controls ;__;

Oh, and my favourite character is Patchouli Knowledge! Patchy-channnnnnnn~ <3
Pizzicato
byakuren and miko 90% gonna be in 13.5 /o/
BCI
but eirin and tewi 0.0000000000001% gonna be there ;_;
Gabi
They better put in reisen, also i want them to put in momiji T_T

But if they put in miko im ok with it, but still reisen has to be in the game!

Jinxy
Eh, it's probably just everyone in UFO and TD, with Hakurei (Reimu, Suika, Yukari) and Moriya (Sanae, Kanako, Suwako) and also Marisa because Marisa
BCI

Gabi wrote:

They better put in reisen, also i want them to put in momiji T_T
But if they put in miko im ok with it, but still reisen has to be in the game!
reisen is already goes from 10.5, so tewi need more <3 dat picture q_q

JInxyjem wrote:

and Moriya (Sanae, Kanako, Suwako)
some proofs please ;___;
Jinxy
It's an assumption, but with the game focused on faith I'd be surprised she didn't show up
BCI
dat, you're right :< now i want to patch with all unreleased girls (or atleast SWR/Hisoten) ;_;
Pizzicato
i wonder if sakuya will make it to 13.5 lol
Gabi
Well it's tasofro, they like to put in lots of popular characters
BCI
almost all of th08 except Reisen don't appear anytime then, they aren't popular a lot ;w; /cry
Dai
even though Flandre is quite popular, why she didn't appear in SWR or Hisoutensoku? orz
BCI
i guess Flandre is already too strong.
and if she appear to Hisotensoku, there wll be almost all girls from EoSD (except Rumia and Koakuma) owo so imo it makes sense
TentacleOtaku

Black_Cherry_Ita wrote:

i guess Flandre is already too strong.
and if she appear to Hisotensoku, there wll be almost all girls from EoSD (except Rumia and Koakuma) owo so imo it makes sense
But Cirno is the strongest :3

Flandre is quite tough. I can remember my first fight against her... it didn't go well. :?

My favourite touhou is still 8. I can't explain why. I like it. And I like it alot :)
BCI
oh, my favorite is 12. so much of that themes is perfect <3 and murasa too /fap

also question, i heard somethings like "RIP Silver Forest" can someone explain why for slow people ;___;
show more