forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pasonia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cyclone
Will the 2 of you shut up before I have to take action?

No i don't care who started it. No i don't care about any of the circumstances. Just stop.
lukewarmholiday
Ban me
YellowerYoshi
SodiumPeroxide
*sigh* Well, I was planning on never posting in this forum, but because you're making a touhou beatmap, and you go on MoTK, I'll help you. Everyone else can ignore me and this post. It'd be preferable that everyone else ignores this post actually.

1)A replay of you playing would be nice

2)Don't use ReimuA for EoSD Extra. Fantasy Seal is useless on Flandre due to bomb immunity and ReimuA's shot damage sucks, both from far away and while shot gunning. Use either ReimuB or MarisaA. MarisaB is for scoring purposes only(read:Master Sparking the stage), I believe.

3)Royal Flare is a pain in the ass with all shot types except MarisaA, where it's a joke. If you can dodge the first wave, you can capture the card with MarisaA. ReimuB does have a small advantage on Silent Selene and Philosopher's Stone though.

4)Maze of Love will require you to unfocus with Reimu, but with Marisa, you can dodge it focused the whole time, provided you stay close enough(Around Flandre's spell circle during that card). Maze of Love just requires practice, as it's the same every time.

5)Start close to Patchy on Philosopher's. This is useful, because it allows you to dodge downwards, which means you stay infront of Patchy longer, and it's generally easier to dodge downwards anyways.

6)Bomb more. You may be dying with bombs. Don't. Proper Bomb Spamming Management is an important skill.

7)All of Flandre's cards are actually trick based, or easy, minus the last two.

But enough talk.Have at you. Watch this replay of me doing a no bomb clear of EoSD Extra...>_>

Too Lazy to reupload the replay file here, so have a link

It should show you the general method of dodging pretty much every spellcard, and how not to die during the stage. You however, probably won't be capturing some of the cards I captured, so I suggest proper bomb "management". Unfortunately, I died on Philosopher's, Maze of Love, and "And then will there be none?", but I should've and could've captured all of them. =V

PS: Hi Doomsday, Cyclone, and whatever Sol/IPD goes by here. I'll trade you guys my touhou skills for your osu skills. =3
Cyclone
Oh hi there.

I never posted my replay of EoSD extra did i?

here we go:

http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=3819

Mind you, this is my only current clearing of this stage, and i like to figure out on my own how to beat these cards, rather than study other replays

Also, in case you are interested, i've made a touhou map that recently got ranked. More touhou maps to come as well.
Pasonia
I recently found an album which pays heavy homage to SWR's arrangements, and the circle's name (transliterated) is "Kitsune's Music Factory" (狐の工作室).

Or is it posted here before?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... %A4&page=2 for a list of the circle's tunes.
Lybydose
Ok so I can beat IN's Extra stage and capture enough cards (everything but Fujiyama Volcano and Hourai Doll) to reach "Imperishable Shooting."

...But I can't finish PCB on Easy without continuing. What the hell?!
Slain087
PCB Easy is practically the hardest of the Easy Modes - the gap is close enough that some have mentioned that PCB Easy is Normal Lite. In comparison, Mokou is about the second easiest of the Extra bosses (Suwako is easiest, supposedly), despite the Purple Rings of Death that is her last noncard.

In addition, many of the cards are hard enough that even some Normal and Hard players cannot reliably capture (Rez Butterfly, for example). In fact, many of them are pretty much patternless dodging (e.g. Pentagram Flight E, Guaneri del Gesu).

In comparison, a lot of Mokou's cards are gimmicky (ref. Honest Man's Death, Flaw of Forgiving Shrine), so it's relatively easy to cap seven of them in one go, even if you horribly phail at EX-Keine's cards.

And there's the whole deathbomb timing thing (if you're playing Border Team, you're probably using all of your bombs. In comparison through PCB, you're likely losing 2 or 3 bombs per life).

As for recently, (sorry about this man), I got a no-focus 1cc of PCB Easy, which, while containing a lot of fails (10 misses?), does have some surprising moments, like a cap of Sumizome Perfect Blossom (the penultimate card) and a near-cap of Lost Soul's Village.

If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. Really.
Lybydose
Actually EX-Keine's cards are the easiest except Xu Fu's Dimension, which is stupid easy, and I'm using Scarlet Team (I don't like Border Team's really slow movement).

As for PCB, I do fine up until the last stage. Then I die to Yuyuko over and over.
Slain087
*Blinks*

Damn, I hate EX-Keine's cards. Returning-Bridge Ichijo is the only one I can reliably capture - and that's not even a 100% thing.
Lybydose
I don't think I've failed Next History of Phantasm a single time since I figured out a decent strat in spell practice (where I was previously having only a 20% or so success rate). I could probably time it out now. Past History is slightly more difficult, but I rarely fail it anymore.

One of my other problems with PCB is that I can't decide which character to use. I suck at bombing if I don't use Reimu, but I hate Reimu's move speed.

EDIT: Ok yeah, just timed out Next History of Phantasm on the 2nd try.
EDIT2: Apparently it's NEXT history, not last...
Slain087
Slain087
Doomsday
just got to Yuyuko's first spell in PCB hard before continuing.

bah. i was doing well, had 4 spare lives and a stash of bombs when i went into Stage 5, and then it all fell apart when i got to Youmu, and Yuyuko finished me off :(
Nachy

For an April Fool's joke, Mitori sure does have an epic theme.
Neo@lex
Why is it that every time something awesome comes around people feel the need to completely ruin it?
lukewarmholiday

neo@lex wrote:

Why is it that every time something awesome comes around people feel the need to completely ruin it?
People_cosplay_as_ZUNs_original_character_art.jpg
Doomsday
UFO trial ver 0.02a is out.

if ZUN's only just released an update for the trial, progress on the full version must be slow
Slain087
Or he likes to make us squirm.

In other news, MariAri has an English patch now, and Reimu is effin' hard. Those ofuda home! (They don't really, just seems like it.)
Pasonia

lukewarmholiday wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

People_cosplay_as_ZUNs_original_character_art.jpg
.....Well, but there IS some kind of originality in a Reisen with a different skin tone XD
Also, the Suwako girl herself seemed (kind of) cute?
lukewarmholiday

This is the only remotely good touhou cosplay I've seen.
Pokebis
Those eyes look like stickers.
lukewarmholiday

Pokebis wrote:

Those eyes look like stickers.
Contacts, most people have known about them for a while now. Because some people wanted large kawaii desu eyes.
Neo@lex
Meat SUN, the creator of Doujin and Touhous.
Pokebis
Jesus, I'm like anti-all this stuff and it still made me rage. Seriously, Yo-Gi-Oh?

EDIT: These are the guys that report the most important things in the world, and the ones that pretty much influence all of your opinions on politics.
Diokatsu

neo@lex wrote:

Guy who's cosplaying Aya is Kilga from stepmania o.o
Gabi
Pasonia
Hey don't bully Youmu, or I'll runpast your Reisen twenty times! -_-+
lukewarmholiday

Pasonia wrote:

Hey don't bully Youmu, or I'll runpast your Reisen twenty times! -_-+
Quality post, would read again.
lukewarmholiday
Halp I can't read moonspeak and I see Cirno, Sanae, and new Hong Meiling SWR style art :V

Perhaps they are coming into SWR? I dunno I can't decipher these anonymous's babbling and this link.

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou123/index.html
Slain087
Say hello to Touhou 12.3 (yes, .3). Touhou Hisoutensoku. This is a likely indicator we might be seeing a 12.5 from ZUN.
Nachy

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Halp I can't read moonspeak and I see Cirno, Sanae, and new Hong Meiling SWR style art :V

Perhaps they are coming into SWR? I dunno I can't decipher these anonymous's babbling and this link.

http://www.tasofro.net/touhou123/index.html
Awesome!

OK let me try my best on translating it....

SPOILER
Basically, on the story page, it tells the sunlight is blocked during Gensokyo's Summer Season and the temperature is lukewarm (lol), as "you" rush home, you look down the mountain then mentions that "she" is one of them where looked down upon. Kind of vague, although I'm not good at Japanese
OK let's see on the characters. It's in the form of them narrating as far as I can understand, Sanae is dreaming about anime robots attacking the village and causing the strange summer. Cirno, saying she's excited and flying around because of the unusual Summer, she saw suddenly in the midst of fogs, a giant monster of some sort in metallic form, Cirno suddenly got frantic and out of curiosity went away investigating the monster. Meiling, guarding as usual, hearing a noisy mansion, thinking that Remilia is happy about the unusual dark Summer. Suddenly, Meiling felt a vague anxiety as she saw from the mountains a huge figure, thinking since the Scarlet Devil Mansion seems busy, and she has nothing to do, she went to enjoy her boring day by investigating the strange huge figure.

I'm really excited about this.

EDIT:
lol I suck at translating, Cyclone found the correct translations now.

Story:

SPOILER
That morning was a little dark, as if something was blocking the rays of the sun. Could it be because of the morning mist that had unexpectedly appeared in the middle of summer?

Having leapt out of your home into the mist you were expecting to let you forget about the heat, it is no wonder you would be startled to have that swaying "thing" appear before your eyes.

This man-shaped "thing", venting disgusting tepid steam, staggered forward as if gazing up at the mountain.

--From up on the summery mountain, as hot and busy as it always was, she gazed down upon the man-shaped "thing".

Sanae:

SPOILER
Two short years had passed since she first came to Gensokyo. At first, she was in such awe of its bizarre inhabitants that she couldn't even perform her rituals properly, but now she was on friendly terms with them, and could perform her usual work just fine.

She thought she would not be surprised by anything any more. But of course, Gensokyo is the kind of place that will manage to startle anyone who believes so. That is one of Gensokyo's strong points in comparison to the outside world.

From the Moriya Shrine, she had seen the shape of a giant man. It was taller by far than the shrine itself - in her own old-fashioned terms, it was on the scale of a ten-story highrise.

To her, it looked like a giant robot from the anime she used to watch long ago.

But for a robot, it moved too smoothly. It moved as if alive, sometimes looking longingly at the mountains, sometimes glaring down at the villages. And suddenly, it was wrapped in fog, disappearing in eery silence.

When she informed Kanako of what she had seen, Kanako told her about the Spectre of the Brocken. The Spectre of the Brocken is a weather phenomenon where your own shadow is reflected in the mist as a seemingly giant figure.

But no matter whether it actually was just a weather phenomenon, believing it was so would take all the fun out of your possible trains of thought. So she decided to believe it was a giant robot attacking the villages below. That way, it would be fun to investigate.

Yes, this was definitely no shadow reflected in the mist. The mist had appeared after the man-shape, but most importantly, this was Gensokyo, a place where nothing, no matter how strange, is ever unexpected.

Cirno:

SPOILER
The little fairy was excited as ever. Today it was because she had seen that thing that was taller than a mountain.

Of course, it was it was also further away than the mountains, so it wasn't very big, but from looking at it, she felt there wasn't much of a difference between them. It had quickly been enveloped in mist and she lost sight of it, but she was sure of what she'd seen. That was the great youkai Daidarabocchi, no doubt about it.

With no idea where should stay, but filled with excitement at seeing such a rare youkai, the miko had left the youkai mountain.

"Have you seen a giant ro... a large moving thing around here?" asked the miko, starting her search through the mist.

The little fairy for some reason started feeling annoyed at this, and felt that since she had seen it first, it should belong to her.

"Nope, haven't seen Daidarabocchi at all!" she answered, to fool the miko.

She had set out to search for the great youkai on her own, out of pure curiosity.

Meiling:

SPOILER
The Scarlet Devil Mansion was as busy that day as it always was. The gate keeper was giving a report to the mistress of the house, Remilia Scarlet, who was cheerfully paying it no attention.

The gate keeper was feeling a vague sense of unease. During the morning, she had seen the shape of a giant man at the foot of the mountain. It had then vented tepid steam around it, and disappeared.

What could it have been? It was as big as the giant bird Peng, and spewed ominous smoke. She was sure of it - it was the shape of Taisuei-shengjun, the Embodiment of Misfortune.

Now all the youkai of Gensokyo must stand together and fight this evil god that has appeared in their midst, she reported to the mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Needless to say, her recommendation was not heeded.

As she reflected later, she perhaps exaggerated a bit, in order to brighten up her dull everyday life a little.
lukewarmholiday
Who would use lukewarm to describe weather.
Metroid
Nachy

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Who would use lukewarm to describe weather.
RemmyX25

this guy is awesome
Nachy
Those are some great piano skills.
Neo@lex
UFO and EUNL are both apparently going to be released at C76, which is in a few weeks. Most of us will probably get both, but all the noobs who hopped on the bandwagon when SWR was released will likely flock to EUNL, making UFO the better of the two.
show more