forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jinxy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex
Get Windows, and get the latest DirectX. If that doesn't work, try googling the dll.
Mafiamaster
YellowerYoshi
Ok, I know I'm super forever late on this but, where's a good place to get Touhoumon and an english patch and all that good stuff?
Neo@lex
/rs/
Shiftyness13

YellowYoshi1 wrote:

Ok, I know I'm super forever late on this but, where's a good place to get Touhoumon and an english patch and all that good stuff?
I found a really good one a while ago. It pretty much had a Fire Red ROM, and a whole bunch of patches. (Mainly the Touhoumon and English ones). Works fine for me. Except I forgot where I found it. Though I could email it to you or something if you'd like.
YellowerYoshi
I think I found a good one, it's got the English patch and everything.

Just one question, is there supposed to be any music changes at all? I somehow feel like I read about custom music in the game somewhere but mine is just normal.
Neo@lex
Yeah, pretty much all of the battle music has changed, as well as a few other things. Like I said, the latest versions are on /rs/.

Also:

I'm officially challenging Normal now. For the first time, Easy is now actually starting to seem... easy.

Replay Here.
YellowerYoshi
The version on 4chan doesn't have the cool character sprites like the other version I found has. Sad times.

I also noticed that CMystia has "Peck" instead of "Wing Thrust". Personally Wing Thrust sounds better but oh well...

Anyways, thanks for the link neo@lex. I picked Marisa for my starter and plan to catch a Mystia before I go into Viridian Forest. This is like a completely different game now, it's greatness.
Mafiamaster
If I have a saved game on Touhoumon on the PSP, is there a way to get that saved data playable on the computer? I wanted to post some pics maybe~
Or would I have to play long hours on the computer to do what I want to do?
Or rather is it possible to change the .sav file into a .sgm file
YellowerYoshi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Snow Arashi
Hmm, let me think. Following games have been beaten on Lunatic as well as their extra stages, phantasm for PCB. EoSD, PCB, IN, IaMP [I still have troubles with going against Alice but meh], SWR [piece of cake], SA, and the demo of UFO. Can't wait for the full verson of UFO to come out so I can beat that too. I still have the most trouble and am trying to beat Shoot the Bullet. So far SA, SWR, and PCB have been my favourites, UFO is really getting up there though.
Neo@lex
YellowerYoshi
Hahaha, you win neo@lex.

On a Touhoumon note (Yeah yeah, everyone else has moved on. I'm late to everything.) I'm extremely pleased that I got a free Level 5 EX Medicine. Sure, the Nameless Fairy makes better evolutions, but having a tank of a Touhoumon so early is a really nice thing. Especially since Touhoumon is such a steep difficulty compared to the original Pokemon game.

Seriously Brock, your CYuugi can go burn for eternity. >=(
Jinxy
YellowerYoshi
This should be what you're looking for JInxyjem. My advice is to not mess with the patches in the folder and just play using the "Touhoumon-15-Eng-Lobsterhime-Touhoudex" file. It has all the cool features except the overworld sprites.
Jinxy

YellowYoshi1 wrote:

This should be what you're looking for JInxyjem. My advice is to not mess with the patches in the folder and just play using the "Touhoumon-15-Eng-Lobsterhime-Touhoudex" file. It has all the cool features except the overworld sprites.
I have the patcher, I have the ROM, but where is the patch? O_O
YellowerYoshi
If you downloaded the pack I linked to, then the patches are in the folder labeled "IPS". But the rom I mentioned should already be patched for you with everything.
Cyclone
So I made my first honest attempt at IN lunatic, since I've been doing really well recently at it. (The game, not lunatic)

Surprisingly, I made it this far:

Here's the replay if anybody cares:
http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=3625
YellowerYoshi
I've been trying desperately to 1cc EoSD Normal, but to no avail. Stage 4 is the bane of my existence. I lose lives there and then Sakuya finishes me off.

Brilliant.
Slain087
Hopefully you'll find a way to make it past Life Spring Infinity - that's a big bullshit card.

As for EoSD, the difficulty of Stage 4 is entirely dependent on the attack style you're using. ReimuA has the easiest time, with only one real bullshit card. I think MarisaB has the hardest time of it, she has to take down three of them. 'Course, if it's the non-directional laser non-cards, you should move quickly ahead of time to evade the homing bullets that come with them. And like I said before, the knife bullets are round, not rectangular as you might think. Swing a little wider than you normally would to evade them.
Cyclone
Slain087
Wow.
Zerostarry
..Holy shit.
YellowerYoshi
Damnit Cyclone, you can't be pro at everything. ;_;
Mafiamaster
Hi, I tried IN the other day on Normal. I died/had to use a continue :(
I die mostly on Stage 5 ._.
Bye!

Edit: This just in, I finally got the IN english patch to work! Turns out I had a bad copy of IN so I downloaded another one.
Now to play~

Edit 2:

The end of me :(
lukewarmholiday
Now go 1cc SA
Shiftyness13

Mafiamaster wrote:

If I have a saved game on Touhoumon on the PSP, is there a way to get that saved data playable on the computer? I wanted to post some pics maybe~
Or would I have to play long hours on the computer to do what I want to do?
Or rather is it possible to change the .sav file into a .sgm file
I know I'm a bit late to reply, but if you still haven't found a solution to this, I think I have. o: Just load your Touhoumon file on your PSP, and save in the game. (as is start then save, not use the emulator's save state) Then move the ROM to the computer and load the game using the game. Worked for me.
Slain087
Spurred on by Cyclone and Mafiamaster's runthroughs of IN, I decided to go for an Extra Stage clear.

Turned out to be my best run yet - 8 caps, including Hollow Giant "Woo", and almost clearing Hourai Doll as well. Ended with three bombs and one life.

[Replay to come]
Cyclone

Slain087 wrote:

Turned out to be my best run yet - 8 caps, including Hollow Giant "Woo", and almost clearing Hourai Doll as well. Ended with three bombs and one life.

OK, so I can clear it with more lives than you, but I can't unlock the final card. :cry:

EDIT: Nevermind, just did a run with exactly 7 captures. Died to the first bullet that came to ey afterwards due to not having seen the spell before. Also miraculously captured "Possesed by Phoenix" to get to 7.
Slain087
Cyclone: How the heck do you [have more lives and less caps]? And you capped Possessed by Phoenix too?

Damnit.

Let's have a contest, see who caps Imperishable Shooting in the least tries.

EDIT: What I have so far for IS:
It's easy to determine where the starbursts occur. Just look for a bullet that overlaps the two next to it. That's the bullet that goes the furthest out.

Dealing with the L-R-L-R-L columns of rings is extremely tough. I've found that I can pass that section semi-reliably by focusing in when the spokes come out, then unfocus move toward the center of the ring. That way, you don't get caught by the spoke above you (though you might run into the spoke you're in).

The 5-ring pair is the toughest part of the card. As far as I can tell, best results are going in left into the spokes. There seems to be enough space there. But you have to be extremely swift, and extremely precise.

After that seems to be a cakewalk, all things considered. The last wave can be defeated by standing on the border of red and blue.

Still haven't caught it yet.

And I just epically failed Forbidden Arcanum "Hourai Elixer" -Hard-.
Pasonia
Server Name: osu! Touhou (A-Pac)
Password: osume

Host is in Singapore, so it's better for South-East Asian and Aussie players (though for Aussie the lag is STILL noticeable)
Slain087
An update on Imperishable Shooting:

Reimu Solo seems to be the best choice for this, since she has the smallest hitbox. I'd go with Border Team, but Yukari can mess things up when Time orbs make it harder to see.

As far as I can tell, only the first wave is static, and the space between bullets is just enough for Border to slide through the gap. A single tap to the right followed by grabbing the bottom is enough to dodge right through as the ring expands.

The rings also burst in a spiral, rather than straight out - gives more space, but harder to predict effectively.

Waves three and four open in the same manner every time, but the burst points are always different.

Oh, and the points I noted earlier (that the overlap bullet is the burst point) is false. It's usually the bullet next to it that goes out all the way.

The bullets seem to accelerate as they reach the furthest point, so clipdeaths are common.

The second wave of five requires movement in the opposite direction from the first wave of five.

That's the furthest I've gotten so far, in <100 tries.

Also, damn you Hourai Elixer -Hard-.

Also, reply number 666 (pasonia got post 666)!
YellowerYoshi
I'm not sure if this is good or not but I randomly decided to try EoSD Hard. I actually made it to Remilia before I used up my last continue. It wasn't quite as bad as I would have imagined but I used a ton of bombs and lives on some rather wtf spellcards.

Is this counted as a milestone? When I first started playing I could only get to Stage 5 on Normal with all my continues.

I swear I'll 1cc Normal one day...
Cyclone
Hmmm, the 5 at a time was kinda tricky...

Slain087
Dakeyrus
Found a fool-proof way of clearing out Keine's first spell card on Extra

Download: th8_09.zip
Pasonia
I'm asking my mentors in the local Subbuteo table football club whether they can contact their modeler to get Touhou FC made for table soccer.

If it does happen, I swear I will expend my resources to get it made. XD
Mafiamaster
1cc'd IN with Yuyuko solo on Normal!!! (3 lives left)

I failed on every spell card that Kaguya had -.-
But hey, I actually got a good ending for once! xD

zzz
Cyclone
I finally beat Flandre. ^__^

show more