forum

The Touhou Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cyclone
It's closing on me too, though i have no idea why. Just says network cable is unplugged
Sousei
i played some swr this week but im still trash at it Xp
ill try to get on your hamachi or that remobo thing, then you guys can teach me :D
but why use hamachi 0.0
Cyclone
so we can easily see who plays, and when they are online. It also give us easy access to chat and IP addresses, and it can even bypass certain connection problems at times.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sousei
yeah thats why i wanted to know and thats what me and my friend did because using hamachi was too much
James
relaying the connection twice would cause more lag than using netplay, obviously.
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
netplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hamachi
-SiN-
th12 demo song ripped :D

guess what? i was bumping to remobo admin on these 3 days about failed in registering.. now they updating remobo..
and i got an ID and temporary password thanks to him xD hahaha

ID: SiN
Cyclone

James wrote:

netplay >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hamachi
Yeah, just completely ignore any of my valid arguments, and assume you must be right about this. Whatever, i'm done arguing with you, before I start saying things i'll regret.
James
you should because.. you know... going to cry.. in corner... マホ~
-SiN-
YellowerYoshi
Can we not start a meaningless argument in the Touhou thread? Really, there's no point in arguing what kind of connection device is better.

In more Touhou related news, I still haven't 1cc'ed EoSD Normal. Stage 4 is the bane of my existence but I'm practicing up on it until I can do it no problem. Practice makes perfect right?

I've also been working on PoFV, I've just been playing easy to unlock all the characters and get Extra. After that I'll actually move up to Normal for real play. So far the characters I've liked best are Yuka and Lyrica. Yuka's spread is great for racking up that points bonus and Lyrica has some good spells and special bullets that can cause some headaches of clutter for the opponent.
SerChef_old

-SiN- wrote:

gao!

http://3-me.net/flashdir/hopten/
chibi tenshi >.<

6126 km =P
-SiN-
Slain087
I was wondering when this would show up again... (the link in the Shrinemaiden boards is defunct. And I think that was part of the old boards.)

Even considering it's basically Valkyrie Profile in mechanics (seriously, don't tell me Remilia's attack doesn't look like Niebelung Valesti and 0:31 isn't Celestial Star), it's quite an elaborate April Fool's joke.
James
yeh, maybe you guys wont notice because your connection is super...

but connecting through hamachi vs netplay for users with slow/normal connections is really noticeable...

oh yeah, the real th13 gameplay... no joke.
Cyclone
YellowerYoshi
Oh sweet, it's a tad late after I've cleared the game other than Extra but hey, it's still awesome. What does that leave untranslated?
Cyclone
Slain087
Well, SWR and 2-5 (apparently the hack ZUN translation counts for 1), but who cares about the PC-98 games anyway? *is hit with Gengetu Rape Time*
Jinxy
Neo@lex
Get Windows, and get the latest DirectX. If that doesn't work, try googling the dll.
Mafiamaster
YellowerYoshi
Ok, I know I'm super forever late on this but, where's a good place to get Touhoumon and an english patch and all that good stuff?
Neo@lex
/rs/
Shiftyness13

YellowYoshi1 wrote:

Ok, I know I'm super forever late on this but, where's a good place to get Touhoumon and an english patch and all that good stuff?
I found a really good one a while ago. It pretty much had a Fire Red ROM, and a whole bunch of patches. (Mainly the Touhoumon and English ones). Works fine for me. Except I forgot where I found it. Though I could email it to you or something if you'd like.
YellowerYoshi
I think I found a good one, it's got the English patch and everything.

Just one question, is there supposed to be any music changes at all? I somehow feel like I read about custom music in the game somewhere but mine is just normal.
Neo@lex
Yeah, pretty much all of the battle music has changed, as well as a few other things. Like I said, the latest versions are on /rs/.

Also:

I'm officially challenging Normal now. For the first time, Easy is now actually starting to seem... easy.

Replay Here.
YellowerYoshi
The version on 4chan doesn't have the cool character sprites like the other version I found has. Sad times.

I also noticed that CMystia has "Peck" instead of "Wing Thrust". Personally Wing Thrust sounds better but oh well...

Anyways, thanks for the link neo@lex. I picked Marisa for my starter and plan to catch a Mystia before I go into Viridian Forest. This is like a completely different game now, it's greatness.
Mafiamaster
If I have a saved game on Touhoumon on the PSP, is there a way to get that saved data playable on the computer? I wanted to post some pics maybe~
Or would I have to play long hours on the computer to do what I want to do?
Or rather is it possible to change the .sav file into a .sgm file
YellowerYoshi
Snow Arashi
Hmm, let me think. Following games have been beaten on Lunatic as well as their extra stages, phantasm for PCB. EoSD, PCB, IN, IaMP [I still have troubles with going against Alice but meh], SWR [piece of cake], SA, and the demo of UFO. Can't wait for the full verson of UFO to come out so I can beat that too. I still have the most trouble and am trying to beat Shoot the Bullet. So far SA, SWR, and PCB have been my favourites, UFO is really getting up there though.
Neo@lex
YellowerYoshi
Hahaha, you win neo@lex.

On a Touhoumon note (Yeah yeah, everyone else has moved on. I'm late to everything.) I'm extremely pleased that I got a free Level 5 EX Medicine. Sure, the Nameless Fairy makes better evolutions, but having a tank of a Touhoumon so early is a really nice thing. Especially since Touhoumon is such a steep difficulty compared to the original Pokemon game.

Seriously Brock, your CYuugi can go burn for eternity. >=(
Jinxy
YellowerYoshi
This should be what you're looking for JInxyjem. My advice is to not mess with the patches in the folder and just play using the "Touhoumon-15-Eng-Lobsterhime-Touhoudex" file. It has all the cool features except the overworld sprites.
Jinxy

YellowYoshi1 wrote:

This should be what you're looking for JInxyjem. My advice is to not mess with the patches in the folder and just play using the "Touhoumon-15-Eng-Lobsterhime-Touhoudex" file. It has all the cool features except the overworld sprites.
I have the patcher, I have the ROM, but where is the patch? O_O
YellowerYoshi
If you downloaded the pack I linked to, then the patches are in the folder labeled "IPS". But the rom I mentioned should already be patched for you with everything.
Cyclone
So I made my first honest attempt at IN lunatic, since I've been doing really well recently at it. (The game, not lunatic)

Surprisingly, I made it this far:

Here's the replay if anybody cares:
http://replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=3625
show more