forum

Russell Velazquez - Pokemon World (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Dienstag, 17. August 2010 at 15:56:24

Artist: Russell Velazquez
Title: Pokemon World (TV Size)
Source: Pokemon: The Adventures in the Orange Islands
Tags: Pikachu Ash Ketchum Misty Brock Kanto
BPM: 105
Filesize: 9843kb
Play Time: 00:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (2,39 stars, 71 notes)
  2. Beginner (1,2 stars, 55 notes)
  3. Better than all (4,9 stars, 116 notes)
  4. Master (3,13 stars, 82 notes)
Download: Russell Velazquez - Pokemon World (TV Size)
Download: Russell Velazquez - Pokemon World (TV Size) (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
For NoHItter's Pokémon Openings Project. :-)
Please help me to improve this map. There will be more difficulties, but I just wanted to upload what I've done so far. I hope it's good enough for the project.

Changelog:
05.16: Updated [Beginner] difficulty with NoHItter's changes, added new [Advanced] difficulty. I personally don't like this one, though, I don't know why...
06.08: Updated and renamed [Advanced] to [Master of them all]. Difficulty increased, I thought it's a lttle to hard (or too messy) to be "Advanced" only. I'll make a new one soon. In this one, I made minor changes like replacing this stupid slider with some hit circles. Thanks to NoHItter for modding.
06.23: Added new [Advanced] and customized combo colours for all diffs in order to fix a bug discovered by SuperMaay (hope it worked).
07.12: Made changes to all difficulties (thanks Blazevoir for great modding) and renamed [Master of them all] to [Master]. Do you think I need to make another diff? Or maybe anyone interested in making a guest diff?
07.31: Added [Better than all] (not complete). It's my first attempt to make an extremely hard diff, so there's probably a lot to improve. Hoxever, I'll be away for 10 days so I won't be able to work on it in that time.
08.17: Finished [Better than all]. Need some more modding before moving to pending.
NoHitter
BPM: 105
Offset: 1600

Source: Pokemon: The Adventures in the Orange Islands
Remove Pokemon World Anime TV Size Orange Islands from Tags. They'll all be in either Source or Title or Genre.

Also I went around and tried to edit your diff.

Though I suggest you make the Po-ke-mon part which is 1/4 into repeat silders instead.

Download: Russell Velazquez - Pokemon World (TV Size) (Andi_the_Fan) [Beginner].osu
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
Thanks! My Computer didn't work for a week, but now I can continue working on it.

Thanks for the editing, I think I'll keep that. And I'll remove the tags in the next update. I didn't know they're not necessary.
I actuctually wanted to place the Beats in the Po-ke-mon Part on the letters O, E and O in the background, but maybe I'll do that in another difficulty. I'll think it over.
NoHitter
Advanced
I suggest you stack the 1/4 notes like 00:09:028 (4,5) or increase overall distance spacing.
00:17:599 (4) - Looks bad :(
00:29:742 (3) - Move forward by 1/4 to 00:29:885

Also I think you should get more people to mod this...
Post in mod queues or ask in IRC?
maay
Hi! Just did a quick check.
[Beginner]:
Enable custom colours and change/delete one of the two red colours there are (Song Setup > Colours). This will remove the confusion at 00:15:885, 00:37:457, and so.
Also, I'd remove the new combos at 00:43:885 and 00:45:028 if I were you.

[Master of them All]:
The end of the slider at 00:35:885 (4) seems kinda off. Try moving it to red tick in 1/8 to make it end at 00:36:171. Sounds better to me.

That's all from me, have my star and good luck. :)
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
Thanks, I'll update this with the next diff, but I don't understand what's confusing with the red combo colour...
maay
hola

Edit: I somehow managed to cut the last word of the image >.>
"numbers" is supposed to be at the end
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
What? :shock: On my PC there is a new colour in this place. After red comes orange. Shouldn`t there be a new colour automatically whaen a new combo starts? I've never seen anything like this before... Maybe you changed something by accident?
maay
I don't think so, I deleted the beatmap and redownloaded and it's still the same. :O
I don't really know what happened then.
In any case, I went to the colour tab and the "Enable custom colours" box was disabled.
I enabled it, and by default these colours appeared:

You can see two consecutives red colours, well, just make sure you enable the "enable custom colours" box and change/delete one of these red colours when you update your beatmap.
Topic Starter
WiiAndii
Still, for me it's all normal, even if I check the enable custom colours box. But I'll try to do something about it in the next update, or maybe I'll even use other colours. But even if it's a bug or something, thanks for mentioning this.
NaomiMinette
Ugh... the video is hurting my eyes, but whatever... (I had no luck trying to find a better quality one though...) Anyway,

Blue = suggestions/minor issues
Green = might need to fix
Red = MUST be fixed

[Beginner]
00:37:457 (1,1) - These notes will probably be confusing for beginners.
SPOILER
Try doing something like this:

...and then add something like this:

P.S. Don't mind my custom skin.

00:38:457 (1,2) - Probably would be better if you made these into a slider.
00:49:599 (2,3,4) - This is the same issue as 00:37:457.
00:54:171 (3) - Mind explaining what this slider is supposed to be? It's kinda ugly...
00:57:599 (1,2,3) - Make this a repeat slider or spinner instead?

[Advanced]
00:06:171 (1,2) - I keep wanting to hit the second slider early... Maybe spread these two sliders apart?
00:34:171 (1,2,3) - This is tricky... Maybe make 1 and 2 a slider?
00:39:242 (3) - So THIS is why you used 1/8, lol. (No, you don't have to fix this.)
00:54:171 (3) - And again, an ugly slider...

[Master of them all]
First off: I think difficulty names can only be 2-3 words max. Try using something shorter? (Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.)

00:04:171 (2,3) - Okay, wait a minute... This is the hardest difficulty, right? Why in the world does Advanced have something harder where this section is?
00:29:599 (2,3,4) - This is also tricky...
00:54:171 (3) - Deja vu...
00:57:599 (1,2,3) - Space these apart from each other more?

Nice job overall~
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.