forum

Am I progressing fine?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jamjamnewbie
Well, I am still a noob at osu, I can only do maps up to 4.5 stars
I've played 1.5 months now.

Am I progressing just fine? Or I am too noobish?

Here is a replay of a 4.3 star map(sorry for lag):
DahplA
Woah, slow down there buddy. Your playing maps that are currently way too hard for you. For starters you should try maps that you know you can full combo or S-rank. I would try and play some Hards or maybe easier Insanes (3.8-4.0 stars). Also, try and work on your accuracy. It will definitely get you better scores and much more PP. Also just make sure to practice, but also don't get too far ahead of yourself.

PS: That map is actually 4.3 stars (there's a difference).
Topic Starter
jamjamnewbie
Thanks for tip

But when I play Hard maps, sometimes, there's this one annoying little slider break that kills my combo, so no FC,
or
I miss one circle and have an A rank
cheezstik
Like dalphlA said, you might want to play maps more in your range, as while aim / speed is a pretty big deal in osu, people tend to forget that this is a rhythm game, making accuracy very important as well. You'll find that later on, getting good accuracy actually makes the game much easier in terms of PP.

The aim aspect of this game also makes combo very important, combo is even more important than accuracy. You should be aiming for close to full combo, if not full combo itself. PP is also very dependent on combo.

Accuracy and combo aren't just for pp, maps that you can get ok accuracy (95%+) and close to full combo are in your comfortable skill range, being able to mash out a pass on songs that are way too hard generally doesn't take much skill (Somewhat portrayed by the nonexistent PP reward low combo plays give, even on very hard songs), it takes much more skill to play maps properly.

Tl;dr You should play easier maps that you can get good accuracy and combo on.
DahplA

jamjamnewbie wrote:

Thanks for tip

But when I play Hard maps, sometimes, there's this one annoying little slider break that kills my combo, so no FC,
or
I miss one circle and have an A rank
That's the point. See the challenge would be to FC these maps that you couldn't previously, by working hard and getting the techniques down pat.
idkfa lolz
nope

better buy a tablet friend

lol
Yuudachi-kun
Tablets help a lot.
[-Cloud-]
No.
Green Platinum
I think you are ready to mash through Airman.
Take the advice in thread
Vuelo Eluko
Playing maps that are out of your comfort zone is damn important though, in fact if you play really hard stuff for a bit then go to easier stuff, your acc and consistency will be way higher, well at least thats how it works for me.

my most recent top 5 plays both came in a single try each after I played https://osu.ppy.sh/s/38950 with DT multiple times and then getting a B on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90385 [Insane] even though both are a bit much for me to FC to say the least. I SS'd the first 3-4 streams on unpleasant sonata including the first long one so its a shame i couldnt do better acc, i guess my stamina lacks at that bpm.
ZenithPhantasm
Everyone progresses at their own pace lol. Quit worrying about it and certainly don't make a thread about it.
Daborgia

Riince wrote:

Playing maps that are out of your comfort zone is damn important though, in fact if you play really hard stuff for a bit then go to easier stuff, your acc and consistency will be way higher, well at least thats how it works for me.

my most recent top 5 plays both came in a single try each after I played https://osu.ppy.sh/s/38950 with DT multiple times and then getting a B on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90385 [Insane] even though both are a bit much for me to FC to say the least. I SS'd the first 3-4 streams on unpleasant sonata including the first long one so its a shame i couldnt do better acc, i guess my stamina lacks at that bpm.
Yes those are the 2 sides of Osu:

@ jamjam:
1. Learn new Patterns on harder maps like your play on yt or getting faster. this is only possible when leaving your Comfort Zone
2. Accuracy is best learned on new but unknown maps. Just look in hte recent mappacks and take some easier insanes till 4 stars if you want to learn accuracy.

My latest plays are one almost nonfailed insallation (eff last stream :( ) or getting above 95/97% acc on reiwai terrorism/new s.s.h map with singletap, both are my weakness ( high bpm streams and taps). But after step one, my playing on sh** like rave up tonight or other stream infested maps will be better a.k.a step 2 ;)
winber1
ayyy lmao
otonashi-senpai

winber1 wrote:

ayyy lmao
The spam is real

ayy lmao
Vuelo Eluko

winber1 wrote:

ayyy lmao
warak renamitme
Xayne
ITT: OP fishes for compliments while plugging video.
Vuelo Eluko

Xayne wrote:

i remember FCing that map 8 months ago when i was still trying to keep up with woob before he was so far ahead of me it was pointless
good times
Upskirt

Riince wrote:

I will sell you my stamina and single tapping speed for 30 cents a second. :^)

Such constructive posts.

Slow and steady wins the race, everyone improves at their own rate. There are no shortcuts, keep at it and don't jump forward too fast.
[-Cloud-]

Riince wrote:

Xayne wrote:

i remember FCing that map 8 months ago when i was still trying to keep up with woob before he was so far ahead of me it was pointless
good times
Well, he's resticted now. You win.
Green Platinum

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Well, he's resticted now. You win.
We can all quit now because we are all better than obama
Nameless
Well, you're progressing faster than I did. Don't overdo it though.

Good luck!
B1rd
no you suck
ZenithPhantasm

B1rd wrote:

no you suck
-sev

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

B1rd wrote:

no you suck
8-)
gregest