forum

How did you get to know osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Doomsday
Found a video of osu! on Gametrailers, of all places. Interestingly, I'd never played EBA/Ouendan then, Hell, I don't think I had even heard of them.
Lizbeth
I had EBA and Ouendan, and really like those games... so when my brother found osu! navigating, he told me about it.. n_n
Mogsy
We've definitely had threads about this. Oh well.

I found out after seeing a YouTube video of WiW back in 2007. I was interested, so I google'd it and two-and-a-half years later, I'm still here.
bobzearth42
A friend showed it to me on a forum I go to.

And then I started playing it.
bmin11
minyeob told me about osu! in Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! forum
DeathxShinigami
Some member (Now currently banned) told me about this game a couple months after it came out but I was lazy actually signing up d:
adam2046
viewtopic.php?p=157062#p157062
An epic tale of discovery and adventure.
Gabi
I was looking at o2jam videos on youtube, when suddenly i came by a song called kanbu, which linked me to osu!. It was so insane i had to try out this game, so yeah. I never played ouendan or EBA, never even heard of them, but i'm a big fan of rythm games
Faust

Gabi wrote:

I was looking at o2jam videos on youtube, when suddenly i came by a song called kanbu, which linked me to osu!. It was so insane i had to try out this game, so yeah. I never played ouendan or EBA, never even heard of them, but i'm a big fan of rythm games
Kanbu...hahaha, what a way to discover osu!.
NotShinta
Can't remember. I think it was that I loved EBA and Ouendan, and I saw a link here on a forum.
Natteke
Beuchi
Watching stepmania videos on youtube, I found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbD3EhcD9zQ

I had no idea what was Ouendan or EBA but I downloaded it... and here I am o.O
IppE
Rena-chan posted some videos on fpsbanana forums and I got interested.
PlasticSmoothie
Basically all my online friends play Osu.: So I tried it out :D
Only been here for around a month, but lovin' it!
Powerdrone
IAmNotShinta and RandomJibberish told me. =P
Neo Adonis
I found osu! searching for the many rhythm games of Bemani.

"Beatmania, drummania, guitar freaks, pop'n'music, Dance Dance Revolution, osu!... wait, what?"

I saw the video and I thought it could be fun. And it was!! ^^
pjiang621111
How I found out osu!...hmmm...it's a pretty long story, but I'm going to share it anyway.

The only entertainment I had with rhythm-action games before was first Ouendan, then Elite Beat Agents, and finally Ouendan 2. The latter game me the most fun, which is why to this day I am still using the Ouendan 2 skin by devkit4384.

Had no DS at that time, so I did not experience touch-screen paradise for months until my brother was able to borrow his friend's DS. Until then, I had a lot of experience playing with the mouse by using NO$GBA.

One day I wondered if there was a n Elite Beat Agents 2 or an Ouendan 3 coming out, so I either waited or searched online for any news.

I was so interested with the Ouendan franchise that whenever I listened to other songs I imagined the song being in Ouendan 2. Oh, and part of the reason why I was eagerly waiting for the next series of Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents was because sadly I got a little bored with the songs, playing them over and over again.

Finally I decided to use google to find a program that worked exactly like the Ouendan games. I even imagined that something like that would exist. Didn't find osu! that way, though.

I actually found osu! from Youtube when I was looking for HQ videos of ZZ's Samurai Blue FC'd by people.

Told my older brother and my little brother about this, and that was when the three of us started to play osu! - then and even now.
mekadon_old
I was finding a Taiko no Tatsujin video of some sort, but I end up finding a random IOSYS song (Not kanbu) with the name 'osu!'.
Kinda liked it, made an account and played taiko. It makes me strange, since playing osu my Touhou addiction getting worse and worse (by other terms, getting more addicted)
Kestrel11
searching google for a rhythm game, and thus it was found.
-Xero-

pjiang621111 wrote:

How I found out osu!...hmmm...it's a pretty long story, but I'm going to share it anyway.

The only entertainment I had with rhythm-action games before was first Ouendan, then Elite Beat Agents, and finally Ouendan 2. The latter game me the most fun, which is why to this day I am still using the Ouendan 2 skin by devkit4384.

Had no DS at that time, so I did not experience touch-screen paradise for months until my brother was able to borrow his friend's DS. Until then, I had a lot of experience playing with the mouse by using NO$GBA.

One day I wondered if there was a n Elite Beat Agents 2 or an Ouendan 3 coming out, so I either waited or searched online for any news.

I was so interested with the Ouendan franchise that whenever I listened to other songs I imagined the song being in Ouendan 2. Oh, and part of the reason why I was eagerly waiting for the next series of Ouendan and Elite Beat Agents was because sadly I got a little bored with the songs, playing them over and over again.

Finally I decided to use google to find a program that worked exactly like the Ouendan games. I even imagined that something like that would exist. Didn't find osu! that way, though.

I actually found osu! from Youtube when I was looking for HQ videos of ZZ's Samurai Blue FC'd by people.

Told my older brother and my little brother about this, and that was when the three of us started to play osu! - then and even now.
pjiang621111
Hahaha XD
Yeah, I guess I got carried away there, but don't ruin my whole story LOL XD
-Xero-
Member of my Subgroup told me about this game. He's a lazy, useless and ugly guy, but thanks to him i am here.. = )
KayMemoria
RL_Link, Daiyousei and random internet searching power....hurr
Henkie
I was looking for some videos of game "The World Ends With You" itself on youtube, and I kept going through related videos untill i stumbled upon a video of osu where Saturos was playing the song of that game here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_NKPgGo9Q
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/1211

And so i started trying the game (i sucked soooooo bad) and i never stopped, i think my biggest break was about 2 - 3 weeks.

Always when i want to play a new online game because osu gets boring to me.. im playing osu the next day again haha..

p.s. Saturos ftw
qlum
already made a tread with this and thus I am not telling it here
Ephemeral
Some guy I used to play WoW with posted a link to it over facebook, I gave it a shot and six months later I was a BAT

True story
Xgor

Beuchi-chan wrote:

Watching stepmania videos on youtube

Doomsday93 wrote:

Found a video of osu!

Neo Adonis wrote:

I saw the video and I thought it could be fun.

Doomsday93 wrote:

Interestingly, I'd never played EBA/Ouendan then
This is how I found osu!
Pretty standard way to find it :P
Joined mostly because you could sync/map the songs and I love level editors and such :D
KRZY
Well, I stumbled onto osu! pretty much by accident.

1. Searched K-ON on Naver, the Korean equivalent of Google.

2. Found a blog post called "Play Don't Say Lazy on your own!" Being a drummer, I was promptly interested.

3. The post did not contain bandscores for the song, to my immense disappointment, but it did contain a video of a game that looked very much like DJMAX Technika, a game I was pretty much into at the time, only with a mouse.

4. Hence my adventure in osu! began. I'm 18 days away from my 1st anniversary.
Sonnyc
When I type osu, nothing appeared.

When I type osu!, this appeared.
(Computer EBA etc)
Chacha17
Oh a long time internet buddy suggested to me to play this game

never knew that through this game i would also realise that that guy would be the one for me <3
RageTH
I was browsing through Smackjeeves(Webcomic site (Warning:contains a small number of trolls+flamers))
http://www.smackjeeves.com,
and the guy was linking a video to "Don't Stop me Now", and I was like,
Awesome! downloaddownloaddownload

...yeah
blacksymbian

Chacha17 wrote:

Oh a long time internet buddy suggested to me to play this game

never knew that through this game i would also realise that that guy would be the one for me <3
<3 Yeah I suggested osu to her. Never thought that she would be pwnage :o

----

@topic

Oh my friend suggested me to play osu! :)

although he wasn't able to play osu due to his ancient machine :)
Nekoroll
Used to play EBA. Was looking for some videos of a beatmaniaIIDX song and saw a video on Youtube of someone playing one of the IIDX songs on osu! and looked up the game since I thought it looked really fun.
blacksymbian
Osu is really great for music references :)

Although 95% of it is anime/touhou..
Cristian
by a friend who went to an event in chile :)
Shohei Ohtani
A lot of people from this site I go to played it, and got me into it. All of them kinda stopped, except for one person, but I kept on playing~.
tokyo569
I found osu! at youtube when I was searching for The World Ends With You OST 8-)
Too bad this is the first one that I played before Osu!Tatakae! Ouendan or EBA... :(
Blasterblitz
I found out about osu from a friend named sean.
Thats all though :P
maal
Cloud8745

Says it all.
bagnz0r
I don't remember.
It was back in 2007.
show more