forum

How did you get to know osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zack777
I had EBA... hated it... played it again... hated again...
downlaoded Ouendan 2... loved it... completed it like 5000 times...
searched ouendan replays (dunno) and I found about osu...
downlaoded osu... hated it...
no play during one year...
found osu again in my PC...
2 years playing now :D
meiikyuu
sister
BeatofIke
How did I know osu!? Well, it's kinda a long story:

I actually discovered osu! back in 2010 when this guy posted an osu! video in another forum of him playing it. At that time however, I was still in full interest of stepping simfiles from Stepmania (SM) and visiting Flash Flash Revolution (FFR) forums. I thought that Stepmania will be my final rhythm game I play, before I move on to other things. When I first saw this video, I could never imagine myself playing such a strange rhythm game using a freaking mouse. The game did not interest me at the slightest bit.

It's not until mid-August 2011 when my brother, Rebound, started playing osu! One of his online buddies begged him to just give it a try and he did eventually XD. Rebound eventually wanted me to give osu! a try, but I declined at first. I eventually decided to give osu! a try a month later on September 2011 on my new laptop I got for my 21st birthday. The game wasn't that bad, it was awesome. Also back in Flash Flash Revolution, there was a thread titled, "osu! — Rhythm is just a click away!" (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz ... p?t=120215), which motivated me even more into osu! Since then, I started playing osu!

I started to mod maps around November and making maps around December. I already have years of experience with finding BPM changes, offset, beat snap, and even cutting songs from Stepmania, so I didn't need help with any of those.
RBRat3
I found osu! googleing for a multiplayer rhythm game after I cried my eyes out when EZ2on servers went offline (R.I.P. I miss you!!)
Fai-Chii
Osu signature = =
gyorin
koko224
Youtube! :)
Vmx
-Tarek-
I found osu when searching a Elite Beat Agents clone for Ipod Touch. I found a game called osu and a hours later found out it was originally on pc.
RinKagamine
i kept finding videos of it and thought i would search it up :L
animez15
a friend of mine in another online game xD.. 8-)
Heibel
I found Osu in a Comment on a game (DJManiax) on Newgrounds
nomen
In youtube looking for songs I found osu! gameplay video. So here I am playing osu! now.
Damo900
One fateful night, as I was walking down the streets, I happened to look up at the full moon.
A twinkle lit the night sky, like the moon had just shed a tear.
A blaze of glory trailed above, as it's trajectory changed for my location.
I ran as fast as I could, but to no avail.

Elite Beat Agents then hit me like an Atom Bomb, and I've never stopped playing games like it since.
Alucard
Friend forced me to play it, enjoyed it immensely.
Mizzii
My friends were invited to play. ^o^
Exologist_old
Dyrus was playing it on stream (pro League of Legends player).

PS: this game is hard. Can't even SS easiest songs. Always that 1 or 2 100..........................
majorcyto
I run a music site for the game Mabinogi (MabiMML.co) and one of my forum users mentioned it in a topic and i was like "What is this madness!" Because im a avid player of DDR, and the DDR port to PC. So i find Osu! very fun :D
Jackyyy
Looking through the videos of my favourite Australian TF2 editor and found an osu! vid with a super awesome song.
Justykanna
Friend told me about the game a while back and I love the game now!
Recently my arm's been getting sore after two or three songs so I've been playing significantly less than I want to against my will. D=
felipepr
When I was playing Elite Beat Agents, I searched for videos on youtube, and saw a video of osu gameplay =P
Pegram
I have no idea. I wish someone would tell me since my brains won't :c
BakFlip
A friend showed me, I believe her username was MomijixD
MrsNana
I was looking for a new game because I was so bored =3=. KuroHari, my boyfriend (yes *-*), showed me this game and yes it is awesome ! :)
Skywards_old
my cousin ikillforpies :D
Pesca_old
Was looking up Viva la vida on youtube and say gameplay for it on osu, and well one thing lead to another and i saw game play and I was hooked.
Marco
i saw osu in a livestream from HerrDekay(my favorite let's player)
ziliboba713
lol
Fixumi
My friend moonbunny told me 2 years ago about OSU!, I started 9 days after him, I wanna thank him so much, since then I'm very regularly on OSU! and if I'm bored, OSU! is nearly always the solution to kill my boredom :).
NCassava
My friend Kireinahana and My senior Shinachi :D
G0r
Watching Kawaiirice play it on his Starcraft 2 stream.
Duo35
I was talking to RBRat3 on the AMVHell forums and one day he mentioned he was playing osu! and put up a livestream and after i started watching it i really wanted to try it so after sifting through the links for ohio state university i found osu! and it started to take up alot of my free time
Sena Aizawa
from my friend :)
Lightning Wyvern
From Celestialneo
Just random stranger.
Don't see her avatar, she is a trap.
birra
akai-ryuu mentioned this game when we were having group convers in Skype.
Lally
5 a.m nothing to do XD ty Oswy :3
[13/12/2011 05:10:44] Oswy ;): http://up.ppy.sh/osu/osu!install.exe
[13/12/2011 05:10:45] Oswy ;): scarica (download it)
[13/12/2011 05:10:46] Oswy ;): donna (girl)
[13/12/2011 05:10:50] Oswy ;): che giochiamo (we play now)
Spaghetti-san
>searched Tsurupettan on youtube
>watches the video
>looks at the video suggestions
>clicks on the one with "osu!" in the name
>watches the video
>searches osu on the interwebz

Now here I am :P
Aeidxst
my friends were playing it. played for months and left.
after 3-4 years, i'm back with a new(3rd, shhh) account.
Xirai
Friends of mine played it.
I hated it in the beginning because I was too stupid to even play easy maps.
I retired....got back 1 year later and started to practice....because I love the different kinds of music you get here :3
Rumerjose
A friend of mine forced me to play OSU! like a baws. But instead of getting mad at being forced, I enjoyed it like a baws!!!
show more