forum

How did you get to know osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
pacmanmania
Xagrok
I was browsing Youtube. Then I saw an Osu! play by a Let's Player named Emero.
That's the whole story...
thelewa
One day, angels descended from the heavens and handed me a tablet and a mechanical keyboard and told me this.

"Go play osu! you loser"
Drexel13

ragelewa wrote:

One day, angels descended from the heavens and handed me a tablet and a mechanical keyboard and told me this.

"Go play osu! you loser"
nice story, bro :P
CapnDavid
Youtube.
hinamizawan
In a forum
Espionage724
Saw a friend playing this game a lot, then I decided to check it out one day. Kinda mad I didn't check it out sooner :p
Hiza-chan
Someone from a forum mentioned Osu. That person is http://osu.ppy.sh/u/578592 and they recruited I think about 6-7 people from the forum. That I know of at least.
Low
On a chat website that I used to visit, I often saw some of my friends talking about a pretty fun game. I asked them for more information, and eventually ended up downloading it.

Ijah and Lora
Low

Kosaka Chihiro wrote:

I knew about the game since like 2008 (watched that one hare hare yukai replay on youtube..)
My friend told me to play it in 2010, never got into it
Played offline and stuff, got really into it in 2011ish.

:|
kriers
when I decide to thrash kriers and make a new account, I'll come up with an ever better story! /o/
Mitsuneko
I was watching someone play Hatsune Miku-Stargazer on youtube.This was in 2010. I got interested in the game and there was a llink in the video description about where to get the game. So I got it~
flow
Introduced last year in January by a friend who was playing Elite Beat Agents and stumbled across it accidentally.
ArgusTangentti
I think someone posted a youtube link to an Osu replay at a random Company of Heroes chat. :D
Rii_old_1
was browsing music on youtube a bit and found this game, looked fun
---Assault[K]---
Friend played it in school I asked him what it was and if I could try on his laptop. I liked it I went to google for the game.
Drexel13

---Assault[K]--- wrote:

Friend played it in school I asked him what it was and if I could try on his laptop. I liked it I went to google for the game.
and it almost look like me..
In this sentences:

---Assault[K]--- wrote:

Friend played it in school I asked him what it was and if I could try on his laptop
ArcAngelArtemis
Saw a video on someone's profile on Gaia, it was someone playing Osu! Research happened, and here I am.
Rianne_old
friend say i should play
Foggen
K-ON! thread on 4chan strangely enough.
emonite
I saw my older brother playing then I just go with the flow :arrow: and play osu! along with him.
Backfire
Some chick from Anilinkz! (anime streaming site) who I liked played it a lot. Along with some other guy.
We didn't know how to add people, so I haven't seen her since. :l
SiiMeR
My friend introduced it to me :D
Stefan
By a YouTube User called HerrDekay..
Not something special... :O
PaiYuri
I first learned about it on TV Tropes. But since my interest in rhythm games tends to be rather low, I wasn't... well, very interested. Recently, I saw a video of someone playing Osu with the Hartmann's Youkai Girl beatmap, which got me interested.
-Athena-
Tv tropes. BIG BIG YEAH!
Blue Stig

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Tv tropes. BIG BIG YEAH!
Same here.
Who needs notability?
Sync
A group of online friends told me to play so I did
AntiRoyalty
Heard of it through old forum buddies.
Started playing because my brother was playing it.
Kinrinjin7
When i was searching a japanese song, i see Osu on youtube, so then i started to play ^^
ganjas62
From my friend
S o r c e r y
One day, my friend said " hey, i found a good music game on the net, come and play together:)"
Symphoniax

Kinrinjin7 wrote:

When i was searching a japanese song, i see Osu on youtube, so then i started to play ^^
this
GeNJiii_old
My friend gave to me a youtube link , it was osu! ctb , i liked it
techz59
thx to this guy I am now addicted to this game.. playing almost everyday..but sadly he doesn't seem to be playing anymore.. :(
Kanye West
From a LoL streamer
kawaii_uguu

kanye west wrote:

From a LoL streamer
dyrus?
Vapor
Google search for music/rhythm games~
f e a r

kanye west wrote:

From a LoL streamer
Same, Locodoco.