forum

osu! dies at startup ;_; [Resolved?]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tri_old
Ok so, I downloaded the Brawl Star Wolf song and then I double clicked it; then all of a sudden osu crashes without even jumping to the main screen and goes all:
System.FormatException: Incorrect string input format.
in System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
in System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
in osu.Gameplay_Elements.BeatmapManager.ProcessHeaders(Beatmap b)
in osu.Gameplay_Elements.BeatmapManager.ProcessFolder(String folder, TreeLevel parent)
in osu.Gameplay_Elements.BeatmapManager.ProcessBeatmaps()
in osu.GameBase.Initialize()
in Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
in osu.Program.Main()

also, I'm using Vista if that helps 8O
peppy
In your language, how do you write "one million"?
I'm guessing it somehow differs from "1,000,000"?

Either that, or the beatmap file has somehow been corrupt o.O.
I tried the particular beatmap you mention and its fine here, so I think it must be a localisation issue.
Topic Starter
Tri_old
Well erm actually, my comp is in a European format which makes numbers be written as 1.000.000 I think. Is that the problem? :cry:
Topic Starter
Tri_old
Oh wait! rtsmarty provided me with the links that update Osu without the updater, so thanks to him everything is fixed now. I appreciate your concern though! Thanks! :D
peppy
This could very well be the reason, but its hard to pinpoint. Can you try moving the .osu files for the beatmap out of your directory and find exactly which osu file makes it fail (which difficulty), or if its all of them?
Topic Starter
Tri_old

peppy wrote:

This could very well be the reason, but its hard to pinpoint. Can you try moving the .osu files for the beatmap out of your directory and find exactly which osu file makes it fail (which difficulty), or if its all of them?

It began like this:
I downloaded the StarWolf song, then I tried opening it in the old osu. THEN the game froze, and I came to make the thread - right after that, I was handed the updating files, after which I updated, and everything worked fine except for one thing: every time I double-clicked the .osz for the song in question, it would take me to the game, but the song wasn't there. This resulted in me having to open the .osz in Winrar and manually extracting the beatmap/song files from the compressed file. After said act was complete, the song worked just fine. It might just be a glitching-up problem from me unsuccessfully trying to install the song before and the game rejecting it for some reason, but after the manual extraction the song worked just as if I had followed the procedure properly.

I haven't got any new beatmaps since then, but it just seems a little odd that I had to do this manually.
peppy
Check for a _tmp folder in the Songs folder. If there are files in here, delete them and all should be well. If not, then this is a very strange problem o.O.
Topic Starter
Tri_old
Er, no files...but the game is running fine, and there's 100% functionality on everything (except online, but that's not your fault because internet here sucks).

Also I love the new appearing sliders, and relax mode. Good job!